Heartless, Literally!

My Darabie

"People are supposed to fear the unknown, but ignorance is bliss when knowledge is so damn frightening."

Jae’s POV

I feel so warm and cosy. Why does my bed feel so soft and extra comfy? And what is that smell? It smells like strawberries and vanilla? I opened my eyes but regretted it once the bright light burned my eyes. I blinked multiple times, adjusting to the light that shone through my open window. How can I forget to close it yesterday? Yesterday… Dara! My eyes widened with recognition before slowly looking towards Dara. For some unknown reason I find myself completely tangled with Dara. My arms locking around her and my legs tangled with hers. My pillow barrier were thrown around the bed and some of them were even on the floor.

I should have moved away but I got enchanted with her impeccable beauty. Her hair neatly sprawled on her pillow, her long eyelashes almost brushing her cheekbones and her rosy lips slightly apart. I admit, I have encountered many beautiful women but nobody can be compared to this goddess that I’m holding right now. Ah I don’t want to get up! So I just did that and went back to my previous position, lying my head on her chest, trying to make this moment lasts. My god, why does this position feels so right? So comfortable?

I lay there, holding her and trying to fall asleep by just listening to her heartbeat. But I heard no heartbeat. I heard nothing. My eyes popped open and pressed my ear against where her heart is, trying to listen properly. There’s none. I sat up immediately and tried to listen again.

‘Princess?’, I asked but my voice sounded hoarse. I held her wrist and tried to take her pulse but I felt nothing. I felt blood draining out of me and my mind went red. Panic and fear travelled throughout my whole body as I stared at her immobile form.

‘Princes? Dara? Darabie!’, I shook her. No she can’t be dead! She was alive! I talked to her yesterday! I heard her giggle! I heard her laugh! I hugged her! I felt her!

‘Princess!’, I begged as I shook her almost violently. Tears pricked my eyes and I felt my whole body shake with fear. This can’t be happening! This has to be a nightmare! Yes, it has to be! It has to be. I didn’t notice that I am now sobbing while fiercely hugging her body. Emotions I never felt came gushing in and overwhelming me. I never felt this way before and adding with this situation, I felt absolutely scared.

‘Dara, wake up…please’, I cried out hoarsely.

‘Prince?’, I heard her soft voice just as I felt hands caressing my hair. I hesitantly looked up and by some miracle, I saw her wide awake with worry laced on her face as she now caress my cheeks.

‘Why are you crying, my prince?’, she asked softly as she continued to caress my face and I just closed my eyes to feel her.

‘Please, tell me you’re real’, I asked still my eyes closed.

‘Yes. I am real. What is wrong, my prince?’, I heard her reply after a while. I opened my eyes again and saw her confused and concerned eyes.

‘I-I thought you died, princess! I... I couldn’t hear your heartbeat nor feel your pulse! I was in hysterical!’, I exclaimed still holding her. She looked confused. I took her wrist and felt her pulse again just to make sure.

‘What the?!’, I felt no pulse! But that’s impossible! She’s here with me! She’s alive and awake!

‘What is it my prince?’, she asked softly. This is crazy! I am crazy! She’s alive but at the same time she’s not!

‘Something is wrong, princess’, I replied cautiously as I observe her. What is wrong with her heart? It’s as if she has no heart! I immediately got my phone from my night stand and dialled my parents.

‘Mother, come quick! Something is wrong with Dara!’, I stated once my mother picked up. I don’t think greetings are needed right now. I need them here right now! 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************

Short update! Sorry >.<

I'll try to update more tomorrow!

Till then, Enjoy!

-Love, Rako-chii~