Duet

My Darabie

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

Jae’s POV

I waited for her response patiently.

‘Uhmm… can I pick the song, my prince?’, she asked softly as she looked up at me through her lashes.

‘Of course!’, I exclaimed as waited with anticipation. It feels like I’m waiting for Christmas again which reminds me, it will be in 2 months. I better start thinking about gifts especially for my princess.

My princess.

That sounds nice.

‘I… I pick Gravity by Sara Bareilles. It’s always played on the radio and I gradually became attached to it’, she explained with a smile as she pressed some keys, testing it cautiously.

‘I know that song. Do you want me to play the piano as you sing, princess?’, I asked as I tuck her hair out of her face.

‘That would be wonderful, my prince’, she beamed at me and I chuckle at her eagerness.

‘As you wish, my princess’, I replied with a posh accent and it was returned by a soft giggle.

‘Ok, ready?’, I asked her which she replied with a soft nod. I started playing the piano as I waited for her angelic voice. I hear her breathe in before starting.

 

Sara Bareilles- Gravity: (Imagine its Dara’s voice!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_U6iSAn_fY

Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.

 

I stared at her eyes before she focused on my fingers. I can feel shivers run down my body as her alluring voice resounded around the room. She was singing with her soft voice that it felt like an angel was singing to me.

 

You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your reign.

Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

You loved me 'cause I'm fragile.
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone.

 

I felt my breath hitch as she finally focused at me. Only me. And the magic happens again. It was just me and her and I swear my heart stopped beating for a moment.

 

Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need here on the ground.
But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down.
You're keeping me down, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

You're on to me, on to me, and all over...
Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long…

 

She finished and somehow I saw something flicker in her eyes, an emotion I could not define but it went as soon as I saw it. Maybe it was just my mind playing with me.

‘That was perfect’, I breathe out, yet again, ruining the moment but I couldn’t help saying it.

‘T-Thank you, my prince’, she replied as she blushed and looked away.

‘No, thank you’, I smiled at her and mentally patted myself for recording all of it secretly. It was probably the best decision I made.

‘Ok, how about a duet?’, I asked eagerly, hoping she say yes to my request. I want to hear her voice mix with mine to create that perfect duet.

‘Are you sure, my prince?’, she asked hesitantly which I answered excitedly with a nod.

‘Then, it will be my pleasure to sing with you, my prince’, she finally said as she look up at me shyly. I mentally pump my fist in the air.

‘Ok, princess do you know this song?’, I beamed as I play the song in my computer beside us.

‘Yes, I certainly do, my prince. Princess Sooyoung showed me this movie about vampires and this song came up. She said she loved that song and always sang it to Hyunah’, she smiled as she told me her little story.

‘So you guys watched Twilight, huh?’, I smirked at her. I remembered when my sisters forced me to watch it. I hated it. Come on, let’s be real, their love story and if vampires were ever real, they don’t sparkle like glitters.

‘Yes, it was very interesting’, she stated with a small grin.

‘Oh, really? Who do you like better Jacob or Edward?’, I asked out of curiosity.

‘Hmm… I would pick Jacob’, she replied and I raised my eyebrows. I was expecting her to pick the vampire dude.

‘And why is that?’, I asked.

‘Well it reminded me of the wolf that the King had. It was given to him by foreign people as a gift. That wolf was assigned to guard me when I was a doll’, she smiled as she reminisces.

‘Oh. Did he turn into human like in the movies?’, I tease.

‘No, my prince. That’s silly’, she said with a giggle and I joined her.

‘Ok let’s start?’, I gestured, excited to have a duet with her.

‘Yes’, she replied softly with a full smile and I felt my heart beat a tad faster. I stared at her as I started playing the piano.

 

Christina Perri- A thousand Years:(Just imagine Jaedara Duet~*dreamy sigh*)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USdywFyq9Ic

Heart beats fast
Colours and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

 

I held my breath as I look at her and wait for our voice to join together.

 

One step closer

I have died every day
waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more

 

It was magical. I know that sounds sappy but I can practically hear my heart beats faster than I can ever imagine. I tried to focus on playing the piano but it seems that it rather stay on this goddess instead.

 

Time stands still
beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything
Take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath,
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

 

She looked at me with her big doe eyes as she sang, as If I was the only person in the world and it drove my heart crazy. It’s a miracle that I can still play and sing while she look at me like that. Damn. She got me good.

 

I have died every day
Waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more

And all along I believed
I would find you
Time has brought
Your heart to me
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more

One step closer
One step closer

I have died every day
Waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid,
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more

And all along I believed
I would find you
Time has brought
Your heart to me
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more

A thousand more…


Perfect. It was perfect. She’s perfect. I’ll most likely save OUR song in my phone so I can play this every time I got a chance. 

‘Wow’, I exclaimed as I stare at her with my mouth probably wide open.

‘That was amazing, my prince’, she beamed as she agree with me.

‘Yes. It was the perfect duet’, I said as I can’t stop looking at her with so much adoration. My heart is practically spilling out of my eyes for her and, fortunately, she didn't notice.

‘You certainly have a wonderful voice, my prince’, she said with admiration in her eyes.

‘I can say the same thing to you, princess’, I grinned at her.

‘T-thank you’, she said as she shied away from me and I just chuckle at her. 

 

******************************************************************************************************************************

Yay for third update! Ok guys

I know its very cheesy n all

but savour this moment while it last...

*evil smirk*....well anyways see you guys~toodles~

-Love, Rako-chii