Devil's Don't Sleep

My Darabie

"Nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it."

Jae’s POV

I find myself walking along a path. I turned beside me and saw a girl walking shyly beside me. I stopped and looked at her. It was Dara. What? She’s back?

‘Thank you, my prince. I must leave now’, she said while avoiding my eyes before going towards the woods. Why is she going there?

‘Wait, Dara!’, I shouted but I don’t think she heard me.

I decided to follow her but stopped when I heard her voice.

‘Tabi! I have something to share with you’, I walked further and saw her talking to no one. I was about to walk further but stopped when a dark figure suddenly jumped in front of her.

‘Why are you here again, little one? I told you to stay away’, I was about to go towards him when he replied harshly. However, I stopped again when Dara beamed at him, ignoring his remarks.

‘I have great news, Tabi! I am now betrothed to the prince!’, she smiled at him brightly. I saw him tensed and I stepped forward ready to save Dara from him. I was startled when I saw him looked up at me and I finally saw his face. No. Choi Seung Hyun. No, it can’t be.

‘Really? That’s great news’, he hugged her as he looked up at me with cold eyes.

‘But I won’t let you’, he vowed darkly while smirking at me with menace.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I woke up with cold sweats and my heart beating wildly. I looked up at my phone and saw that it’s already past 9 in the morning. I stopped my alarm clock before heading towards the bathroom to change. I must find Dara today.

Just wait a little more, princess. I’m coming.

 

Tabi’s POV

‘Yes’, I said through the phone as I look at her sleeping figure on my bed.

‘I’ll meet you there’, I concluded before ending the call. I sat on the bed and watch her sleep peacefully.

‘My little angel’, I said as I gently her cheek.

You’re a devil, don’t ever forget that.

I clenched my jaw before abruptly leaving my bedroom and striding towards the kitchen to cook her breakfast. I lit up another smoke as I cook some French toast, eggs and bacon before making some coffee for me and hot chocolate for her. Can’t believe a devil can cook, huh? Human food are great for snacks since I can never really get nutrients from them. I need jealousy, lust and hate to keep myself healthy. I need to eat those dark emotions or else I’ll be a powerless devil.

You already am.

‘G-good morning, T-tabi’, I heard a soft voice behind me and saw her small form near the dining table.

‘Mornin, little one. How’s your sleep?’, I asked as I inhale my smoke while putting the cooked bacon and egg on two separate plate. I disposed my cigarette on an ashtray before putting the French toast on another plate.

‘It was somehow comfortable’, she replied before grabbing our plates and putting it on the table. I raised one of my eyebrow at how naturally she did that. I stared at her before putting down the French toast and our drinks on the table as well. She noticed me staring at her.

‘S-sorry, I-I was usually the one making the breakfast’, she fidgeted and I just nodded with an amused smirk.

‘Come on, little one. Let’s eat’, I said as I sat opposite her. I watched her obey hesitantly before she starts eating which I then followed.

‘How about you?’, she asked as she looks up at me timidly.

‘What about me?’, I asked, confused.

‘How was your sleep?’, she asked again.

‘Oh. I don’t’, I simply answered as I eat my toast.

‘Don’t?’, she asked in confusion as she struggle to cut the bacon. I gently slapped her hands away and cut her bacon for her.

‘I don’t sleep. I can’t sleep’, I shrugged as I continue to cut the bacon.

‘There’, I said after a minute before looking up to her. Her expression shows how shock she was at my answer but I just shrugged again before continuing to eat.

‘How come?’, she finally recovered from shock as she starts eating again.

‘I’m a devil, little one. Devils don’t sleep’, I chuckled before sipping my bitter coffee.

‘Oh’, she simply replied before finishing her breakfast.

‘May I ask a question?’, she said after a while.

‘You're already asking, little one’, I said with a grin as I finish my drink.

‘May I?’, she asked, ignoring my humour.

‘Ok, sure go ahead’, I said as I watch her sip her drink slowly.

‘When will you let me free?’, she asked and I tensed.

She never asked for that before. She always comes back after I kick her out. Always.

‘I… After taking back what’s mine’, I firmly replied before standing up and going towards my balcony for another smoke.

‘You’re just a devil, Tabi…’, I whispered harshly to myself as I chuckle darkly at the bright sky.

 

******************************************************************************************************************

heeeya~ as promised I update again! 

Anyways this is just a plain update

I hope you enjoy it, guys~

sorry it's not Jaedara moments >.<

-Love, Rako-chii~