Chocolate Ice Cream

My Darabie

"What's the whole point of being pretty on the outside when you’re so ugly on the inside?"

Jae’s POV

It’s been a week since I moved to my new home. Everything was in place and I couldn’t be more satisfied with the outcome.

‘Uncle Jae, where are we going?’, my little niece asked. I looked at the back where she was seated safely in her own little seat. My sister was visiting her mother-in-law in the hospital and since she didn’t want Hyunah to be upset when she sees her grandmother in a bad condition she asked me to babysit her for the whole day. I couldn’t say no so I took Hyunah with me.

‘Sweetheart we’re going to an ice cream shop’, I smiled at her before looking back at the road.

‘But Uncle Jae, you told me you have a date today’, my niece mumbled adorably.

‘It’s ok, sweetheart. I think she’ll like you’, I assured her. Yes, I have abdate. Her name is Jung Jessica. She’s my hoobae in my company but I never really paid attention to her because of the busy schedules. Three weeks ago my friend invited me to a party. He told me that Jessica has a crush on me. During the party she kept glancing at me and eventually we were introduced. She was pretty and was very polite. She told me she adored children which was pretty interesting. We chatted for a long time and then she confessed to me. I haven’t dated for a long time so I decided to give this a try and thus I have a date with her today.

‘You think?’, she asked innocently.

‘Yes, sweetheart’, I smiled at her softly.

We arrived at the ice cream shop and I saw her. She was wearing high heels with a short white dress, a brown hat and signature sunglasses. I frowned at her outfit. I told her it was just a casual date and looking at her, I think she didn’t get that. I mean it’s not that I have something against it, it just looks uncomfortable and it’s not something you wear when you’re in an ice cream shop full of kids and parents running around.

‘Hey’, I greeted as I approach her table.

‘Oh! Finally you’re here, baby! I was waiting for you for ages!’, she said as she flung herself to me and kissed me on my lips. I didn’t let her continue as I untangle her away from me.

‘Uh, sorry. I was just getting my niece. Speaking of which, Jessica this is Hyunah, Hyunah this is Jessica’, I introduced them to each other.

‘Oh, hi there Hyunah!’, she greeted with a strained smile and I frowned.

‘H-hi’, my niece shyly waved behind me.

We settled on the table and ordered some ice cream. Jessica ordered some organic ice cream, I ordered mango ice cream while Hyunah ordered chocolate ice cream. Jessica and I conversed while eating but I sensed her awkwardness whenever children passed by her or when I get distracted with Hyunah. Didn’t she say she likes kids?

‘Hey, I need to go to the toilet. Hyunah, be a good girl ok?’, I said before excusing myself.

I did my business and I also paid for our ice cream on the way back. I just finished paying when suddenly I heard a loud shriek coming towards our table. I immediately went there and saw Jessica fussing hysterically over her dress that is now smudged by chocolate and in front of her was a sobbing Hyunah. I went pass Jessica and rushed towards my niece.

‘Sweetheart, what’s wrong? What happened?’, I carried her to my arms before wiping away her wet face.

‘I-I’m sorry U-uncle Jae. I-I didn’t mean it’, she sobbed uncontrollably.

‘You didn’t mean it?! This is a limited edition from Milan! And look what you did?! You dirtied it with your filthy hands! God Jae why did you bring your niece to our date?!’, she hissed as she tried to rub away the stain from her dress. I frowned at her as anger and disgust consumed me.

‘I’m sorry u-unie. I-I just wanted to know w-where you got your pretty d-d-ress. I-I didn’t mean to dirty your pr-retty dress’, my niece sobbed.

‘Sorry? Do you think you can get me a new one, you brat!’, she venomously stated while pointing at her not even caring I was there. Everybody in the shop looked at us and children started crying.

‘Enough!’, I whispered angrily while glaring at her. I saw her stiffened.

‘Jessica what the hell happened?!’, I hissed.

‘I-I…She uh..’, she mumbled nervously.

‘The child was asking her where she got the dress. But she ignored her. The child went towards her and asked again but she suddenly screamed like it was the end of the world when she saw the child’s hand on her dress. She slapped the child’s hand and started scolding her’, an old couple stated beside us while looking at Jessica distastefully.

‘What?!’, I shouted before looking at my niece. I noticed her red swollen hands.

‘Sweetheart, does it hurt?’, I cooed before blowing it, hoping that it will soothe her.

‘I’m sorry Uncle’, she sniffed. I shook my head before kissing her hands. I turned and glared at Jessica.

‘You could’ve told me what my niece did first before screaming like a lunatic and scolding her! Text me the price of that damn dress and I’ll send you a new one. I hope we don’t see each other anymore and don’t even come near me because I don’t know what I’ll do to you!’, I harshly stated before picking up my niece’s little bag.

‘I’m sorry for the inconvenience’, I apologized to the costumers and the staff before leaving without a second glance to Jessica’s pleas. We settled in my car before I drove away leaving Jessica alone.

‘I’m sorry’, my niece mumbled.

‘It’s ok sweetheart, it wasn’t your fault. I shouldn’t have left you there, I’m sorry’, I said with a bitter smile.

‘No Uncle it wasn’t your fault’, she shook her head.

‘kekeke how about we go to a toy store?’, I suggested so she can forget about what happened and cheer up.

‘Really? Can we buy a house for Darabie then?’, she beamed and I nodded before heading to the toy store.

After spending 2 hours in the toy store we finally got home. I let Hyunah play in the living room with Darabie before going to my own room. I called my sister and told her what happened. She was cursing at Jessica after I told her the story. I apologized but she told me it wasn’t my fault. She told me that she’ll get Hyunah in a few hours before hanging up. I went towards the living room and heard Hyunah talking to Darabie.

‘Darabie I wish you’re human, like me. You’re really pretty. Prettier than Jessica! You would be perfect for my Uncle! Uncle Jae really needs a pretty, kind, caring and loving girlfriend. If you become a human we can go to the ice cream shop and eat ice cream together! Then we can go to the zoo and then go shopping for pretty dresses! Don’t worry, Uncle Jae will pay for everything because he loves me and I love you!’, she told the doll before hugging it with so much love. I smiled at the adorable scene before letting myself known.

‘Hey, don’t I get an ‘I love you’ as well? I’m the one who’s paying everything’, I playfully said as I tickle her and she giggled cutely.

‘We love you too Uncle Jae!’, she declared before giving me kisses on my cheek.

‘Ok, ok! I’ll let you play. I need to do some work’, I said before kissing her cheek and went towards my room, getting my laptop. I settled on the couch in front of Hyunah and started writing some lyrics.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm sorry I needed someone to play the  

I have nothing against her whatsoever! I swear!

I just thought that she's great for this role >.<

Anways hope you like it~ I might update another one

kekeke oh btw guys just to let you know, I won't be able

to post an update during weekdays coz being a senior 

student is not easy, hope u understand >.<

-Love, Rako-chii~