Unexpected Reward

My Darabie

"The problem with human attraction is not knowing if it will be returned."

Jae’s POV

I look at Dara as she happily enjoy her raspberry ice cream.

‘Like it?’, I asked before eating my chocolate mint ice cream.

‘Yes! This is truly amazing!’, she beamed as she nods her head.

‘Next time, let’s bring Princess Hyuna! She told me she would love to share ice cream with me’, she exclaimed softly before smiling softly at me.

‘Yeah, next time’, I smiled back at her.

Somehow, seeing her amazed with simple things makes me contemplate on how I take those things for granted. Watching her eyes glitter with excitement and joy makes me feel nostalgic. I used to be like her, getting excited and happy over little things but now that I experienced most things, I find it boring and meaningless. Seeing her now, makes me feel those emotions that I have forgotten. The feeling of excitement, sparks and joy. I can feel it and it’s all because of her.

‘Prince, what is that strange thing?’, I looked at where she pointed and saw a bike rental with rows of different types of bicycles.

‘Oh that? That’s a bike rental’, I replied as I finished my ice cream.

‘Is it some kind of transport?’, she asked before finishing hers as well.

‘Yes. Do you want to try it?’, I asked with a smile.

‘I would gladly try it though you must teach me first, prince’, she replied with a sweet smile.

‘Of course’, I smiled back at her before renting a bicycle with a seating at the back.

‘This only works if you keep your balance right’, I explained to her as I help her seat on the bicycle.

‘If you want to stop just press this’, I pointed at the break while she nodded in understanding.

‘You pedal so you can move but you must continue to paddle at the start so you won’t fall. You must keep moving straight ahead. Do not wobble and just look forward, ok?’, I briefly explain to her.

‘Ok’, she replied with a determined nod. I helped her balance as she put her foot on the pedals and her hands gripped tightly on the handles.

‘Ready, princess? I’ll catch you if you fall, ok?’, I said to her as I keep my hands on the back of her seat and on the handle. She nods shakily.

‘Ok, go’, I said after a moment and let go of the bicycle as she starts to paddle. At the start she seems a bit wobbly but when she got the rhythm she started moving forward.

‘I did it, prince!’, she shouted as I follow her.

‘You’re doing well!’, I shouted back at her. I watch as she keeps moving forward but somehow I noticed how she seems to be moving a little too fast. Next thing I know, her balance broke as she starts wobbling uncontrollably.

‘Prince!’, she shouted helplessly. I ran as far as I could and before she crashed I got a hold of her bicycle.

‘Phew! That was close!’, I sighed in relief before looking down at her trembling form.

‘You ok?’, I asked before scanning her body, looking for any injury.

‘Y-yes’, she shakily replied before looking up at me.

‘You did great’, I smiled at her as I ruffle her hair. She got off the bicycle and sighed in relief.

‘Do you want to just seat at back while I ride it?’, I asked looking at her with concern.

‘I-I don’t think I can..’, she said as she shook her head.

‘Don’t worry you’ll be safe with me’, I assured her as I tuck her hair away from her face. She looked at me and I saw fear and doubt swirl in her eyes.

‘Trust me, princess. I caught you before you fell, right? This time I’ll protect you again. I’ll always protect you’, I smiled tenderly at her as I caress her cheeks. I waited for a minute until she replied with a soft nod.

‘Ok, prince’, she said and I smiled.

‘Ok, let’s go’, I said as I got on the bicycle.

‘Hop on, princess’, I told her as I point at the back seat. She hesitantly got on the back seat and held onto my waist. I grinned as an idea went into my head.

‘You have to hold on tight, princess’, I told her as I get her hands off my waist before wrapping it around me instead. I grinned wider when I feel her snuggle closer to me.

‘Ok, kaja!’, I said before starting to cycle.

I smiled as I savoured the soft wind blowing into me and the warmth that I feel on my back. I never rode a bike with anybody before and honestly it’s something I could get used to.

We rode the bike for a few hours before arriving back at the rental store. We gave the bike back before heading back to our house.

‘Did you have fun, Dara?’, I asked as I parked my car.

‘Yes, I truly enjoyed it’, she replied with a smile and I smiled back before we both got out of the car and went towards the elevator.

‘There’s more places that I will bring you to, princess’, I said as we descend up.

‘I look forward to it, prince’, she smiled softly before we heard a ding.

‘You better’, I grin at her as I open the door, letting her in first before I follow her.

‘Prince’, she called as she turn back to me.

‘Yeah?’, I responded as I look at her fidgeting and looking at me with hesitance.

‘Is everything ok, princess?’, I asked as I went closer to her and bent as I scan her. What she did next made me froze. She went into up to her toes and rewarded me with a kiss. She freaking kissed me! On my cheek!

‘Thank you’, she whispered against my cheek before pulling away and running off to our room.

I stood there, still in the same place.

‘Did she just kiss me?’, I asked myself dumbly. I stand up straighter before feeling the tingling sensation on my cheek.

‘Dara… kissed me’, I muttered again before my face broke into a wide smile and I started pumping my fist up as I silently celebrate. Damn, yeah! Dara just kissed me and I don’t give a if it’s just on my cheeks!

‘I’ll take what I can, for now’, I muttered softly as I smile like a goof as I go towards our room while chanting mentally ‘She kissed me~ She kissed me~’ like a fool.

 

**************************************************************************************************************************

You pabo! I miss you so much! >.<

Hahaha I hope you like it guys :)

This bold affection is my reward for

this week , for waiting patiently :)

Let me see what you guys think about it :P

See ya my lovelies~

-Love, Rako-chii~