I Promise

My Darabie

"Promises are only as strong as the person who gives them."

Jae’s POV

‘This is … very strange’, my father said with a frown as he used his stethoscope to feel Dara’s non-existent heart. My father and mother rushed this morning when I called them. Fortunately, my father used to be a doctor but a year ago he retired due to his health.

‘What is wrong, father? Why doesn’t she have… a heart?’, I asked as pressed my side closer to Dara. I don’t know why but after what happened this morning I find myself wanting to stay close to her as much as possible.

‘I… I don’t know son… Dara by any chance do you know the reason why you are in this state?’, my father cautiously asked as he put down his stethoscope.

‘Your maje—‘, she tried to start.

‘Father. Call me father, dear’, my father softly smiled at her and Dara reluctantly nodded before starting again.

‘F-father, I apologize but I truly do not know the reason for …this strange situation’, she replied meekly while fiddling with her delicate fingers.

‘This is more than strange! You are human! You can eat! You can breathe! But for some unknown reason your body can function without a heart!’, my mother exclaimed hysterically as she pushed my father to sit beside Dara.

‘Why do you have to be put in this situation, my dear?’, my mother said in tears as she held Dara’s hands.

‘I- I do not know, my maje- mother…. I do not know’, Dara replied softly as I see her eyes moistened.

‘Maybe it’s a curse?’, my father suggested and everybody looked at him.

‘Why do you think so, darling?’, my mother asked.

‘Well she was curse into a doll before, right? Maybe there was another curse that we don’t know of’, my father responded with a grim expression. I know my expression was the same. Just thinking of the person who did this to her made my blood boil.

‘But I never heard of another curse that had been inflicted to me. Jea only stated that I was curse into a doll unless…’, Dara trailed and I knew what she was about to say.

‘Unless there's another reason... another curse before you were turned into a doll’, I blurted out and everybody went silent. I can see that they all agreed to my statement.

‘How do we undo the curse?’, my mother asked.

‘We don’t know how’, I mumbled but I knew they heard me.

‘We’ll try to figure this out. For now, let’s eat breakfast’, my father stated as he rubbed mother’s arms to comfort her. I did the same for Dara.

‘Thank you, my prince’, she whispered as she unconsciously leaned closer to me.

‘Are you ok, princess?’, I asked softly.

‘I will be’, she smiled back.

‘Come on, let’s eat breakfast’, I said before leading her to the kitchen followed by my parents.

‘I’ll cook’, I suggested once I seated Dara, across from her was my parents who was still deep in thoughts.

DING DONG!

My doorbell suddenly rang while I was whisking some eggs while cooking some bacon.

‘I’ll get that. It’s probably your sister’, my father said before going towards the door.

‘Father! You’re here?’, I heard my sister say.

‘Yes, something came up with Dara. Where’s Hyunah?’, my father replied once they were inside the kitchen. My sister carrying bags of different brand of clothes probably for Dara. If you’re wondering, my sister married a man with lines of relatives that manages many different clothing brands even her husband owns one of them.

‘Oh she’s with her dad but wait what’s wrong with Dara?’, she asked, concern written on her face as she approach Dara and mother.

‘We’ll tell you after breakfast’, my mother responded and my sister just complied before sitting beside Dara.

I finished cooking breakfast and we all ate in silence. My parents deep in thoughts, my sister looking around silently and me, I just assisted Dara as she ate quietly. Once breakfast was done my parents relayed my sister of what happened in the living room while Dara and I washed the dishes.

‘Are you ok now, princess?’, I asked as I scrub some plates, our hands keep hitting each other unconsciously under the soapy water.

‘I think so, my prince’, she replied softy.

‘Hey, we’ll figure this out. I’ll find a way to undo your curse, I promise’, I promised her as I held her hand under the soapy water. I watched her as she slowly look up at me with watery eyes. My heart clenched.

‘H-how, my prince?’, she asked, her voice shaking.

‘I don’t know how…but I will find out’, I assured her while squeezing her hand as I held her gaze. She didn’t respond and just stared down the soapy water where our hands intertwined.

‘I will find it, I promise I will give you your heart back’, I vowed before reluctantly letting her hands go and continuing with the dishes.

 

**************************************************************************************************************************

Happy mother's day to all mothers out there!

It's mother's day here kekekke I'm not sure 

if its different to other countries but anyways~~

this is an update!! :D I might/ not update later >.<

-Love, Rako-chii~