Dinner team? Nope!

Painful Past Leads To A New Future

CAP's P.O.V

 

Niel, Changjo and I walked to the nearest supermarket. "So what are we going to make for dinner?" I said and stopped walking. They stopped walking too.

"Molla." Ricky said and shrugged his shoulders.

 

. . . . After 10 minutes of thinking . . . .

 

"Any ideas?" I said getting off of the pillar I was leaning on outside of the supermarket.

"How about kimichi, ramen, and dukbboki?" Neil said standing in front of me.

"Why?" 

"Molla, it was just an idea." Niel shrugged his shoulders.

"This is hard, hyung! We don't even know anything about Mei noona, besides her name and what she looks like!" Ricky pouted.

"Don't forget her birthday." Niel chimed in.

"You guys have a point there." I said wagging my finger at Niel and Ricky while my other hand was under my chin. "Now what?" Niel blurted out.

"Let's call L.Joe and see if he knows first." I took out my phone and dialed L.Joe's number.

 

-Ring, ring-

 

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yah! How are we supposed to know what kind of food she likes, or if she can even eat it!"

"Hmm, never thought about it."

"Chincha?"

"Neh, well you guys should go buy the candles instead because I forgot to tell Chunji."

"Arrasseo." I was about to hang up when, "Wait! Make sure you get 17 candles!"

"Got it." I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket.

"What did L.Joe hyung say?" Ricky said looking at me with curious eyes.

"He said he didn't know and we have to buy candles instead."

"Shouldn't that be the decor-ake team's job?" Niel said walking on my left side.

"Neh, but L.Joe forgot to tell Chunji to buy at least 17 candles."

"Oh."

"Yup, so let's move our location to a bakery. Kaja!"

 

. . . . 40 minutes later . . . .

 

No one's P.O.V

 

CAP, Niel, and Ricky arrived at the Kitty Bakery. (It's not real, don't look for it) Each of their cakes had a cat feature included in it. Even if it looked plain at first, no cats or anything. But if you looked at it closely you were bound to find a small cat drawing on the cake. They even took requests and let you design the cake if you really wanted too. 

 

Ricky's P.O.V

 

~Eonea nal uyeonhi neoreul cheoeum Bon sungan cheot nine bonhaebeoryeo nun doragangeoya~ Niel and CAP looked at me, "What?" I picked up the call before they could respond. Of course I knew it was Changjo because that was his part from a recent song of ours, Miss Right.

"Yoboseyo? What is it Changjo?"

"Annyeonghaesayo, the bakery hyung and I went to doesn't sell birthday cakes. They do almost everything but birthdays."

"Oh well . . . CAP hyung, Niel, and I are at a bakery right now."

"Why?"

"To buy candles."

"Oh." I was about to say something else when, "Changhyun pass me the phone." CAP hyung said. Sort of unwillingly I gave CAP hyung my phone.

 

CAP's P.O.V

 

I took Ricky's phone.

"Jonghyun what's the problem?" I said in a serious tone.

"Well like I said to Ricky, the bakery Chunji hyung and I went to doesn't do any birthdays. Oh and if you want to make a request it has to be a week in advance, and pick one of the original designs they have. All of them are ugly and there's only about 10 of them in total."

"Chincha? That's strange."

"Wait, hyung you're at a bakery, right?"

"Neh, why?"

"Do they take requests at any given time?"

"Neh . . . So?"

"Make a request!"

"Why?"

". . ."

Then it hit me, "Oh, oh! Arrasseo. I'll call back later if not Niel will text you our location."

"Arrasseo." I hung up and walked over to the counter.

"What can I get you, handsome young man." The Ahjumma behind the counter said.

"Well, my chingus and I would like to request a cake, may I look at the templates?"

"Neh, of course you can. Wait one second." She went in the back and came back with a binder.

"I'll let you look through these." She handed me the binder.

"Neh, kashahamnida." I bowed to her and walked over to a table. Ricky and Niel came and sat down along with me.

 

. . . . After 20 minutes of thinking and discussing . . . .

 

"Personally, I think they're all good but . . ."

"None of them seem right for a birthday cake." Niel said finishing my sentence.

"Exactly."

"So, what now hyung?" Ricky said looking up at me.

"We'll just have to design out own cake." I said closing the binder and walking to the counter.

"Have you made a decision?"

"Ani, but can we design a cake instead?"

"Neh, of course. Wait here." She took the binder and went to the back again but this time she was holding a drawing pad, pencils, and a coloring box.

"Here but you only get 1 hour to design your cake. I'll start the timer once you get settled in, arrasseo ?"

"Neh, kashahamnida." I bowed and took the materials from her. I walked back over to a separate table from Niel and Ricky. I set the drawing pad down, along with the other materials. I sat down and gave a thumbs up to the ahjumma at the counter, signaling to her I was ready to start. She started the timer.

 

. . . 59 minutes later . . . 

 

"1 minute left!" I was practically done but I wanted to label what color each part should be.

 

-Ring, ring-

 

"Time is up! Bring it here." I walked over to the counter with the drawing pad in one hand, and the coloring box with the pencils in the other. First I handed her the coloring box and pencils. Nervously, I slid the drawing pad on top of the counter.

"Wah! Daebak! Are you an artist?" The Ahjumma said looking up from my design. The expression she showed was amazed.

"Aniyo!" I said waving my hands in front of me.

"Still you're very good for your age and I find something interesting about your design."

"Mwoh?"

"Well, the cake is assigned to "Kim Mei", my granddaughter has the same name and her birthday is today also! But sadly I only talk to her brother every once in a while, she doesn't even know I exist."

"Mianhe for asking but why?"

"Well you see, her parents died in a car accident on Mei's 6th birthday. It was horrible." She shook her head then continued. "I still remember it like it was yesterday. I can tell you the story if you would like but I've gotta make your cake, unless you and your chingus would like to help me while I tell the story." She said taking the drawing pad and ripping out my design.

"I would love to hear the story, ahjumma. Let me ask my chingus first." I walked over to Ricky and Niel who seemed to be napping.

"Yah! Changhyun and Daniel get up! Do you want to know about Mei's past?" I said shaking both their shoulders.

"How can I trust you, hyung?" Ricky said rubbing his eyes.

"The ahjumma is Mei's grandmother."

"Wah! Such a coincidence!" Niel said.

"Yup, she said if we help her make the cake then she'll tell us the story."

"Arrasseo." They both said in unison. We walked back to the counter.

"So?"

"We'll help."

"Kashahamnida. Follow me." We walked around the counter and followed. *What a coincidence. Oh right L.Joe should know we'll be back late.* I took out my cell phone and sent him a text. 

 

[Text mode with L.Joe]

 

We met Mei's Halmeoni, she's the owner of the bakery. We're helping her, so we'll be back later. - CAP

 

I put my phone back in my pocket.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This turned out a lot longer than I expected but . . . I hope you guys liked it! Oh and also if you are a reader, please subscribe so I know you're out there! - >~<