Convincing

Painful Past Leads To A New Future

Chunji’s P.O.V

I walked back into Mei’s room, still pissed off at L.Joe’s idiocy, everyone looked at me for a response. “Uh.”

“Did L.Joe not tell you where he was?” Yeongjin hyung asked.

“He’s at the dorm. He said he needs a breather away from the chaos.” *Why I’m covering for him, I’ll never know.*

“Oh, really now?” Cap questioned in a sarcastic tone and gave me a look that said who are you trying to convince. I gave him a nervous glance and pulled out my phone. I gave him a signal to tell him to put his on silent, to take a “phonecall” outside. Cap nodded knowing the protocol.

“Sorry, I forgot to call our manager to tell him to clear our schedule for the next two weeks.” Cap stepped out.

“Is Byunghyun not coming back?” Everyone’s head turned in Mei’s direction, her eyes were red and puffy, her voice was slightly hoarse, and she looked weak. She was looking at me for a response, which in turn made the others looked at me as well. Luckily, Cap called.

“Sorry, I have to take this.” I left, leaving Mei’s question unanswered.

Cap’s P.O.V

I saw Chanhee coming my way, when we first made eye contact I said, “Spill it.” Giving him a glare. He broke eye contact and leaned on a pillar across from me, as I was standing against the wall. He let out a giant sigh.

“The idiot loves her-”

“Mei? Byunghyun loves Mei?” I was somewhat surprised, but I knew that Byunghyun getting together with Mei could jeopardize the group, as a leader I have to make wise decisions. This one will probably the most difficult I’ve ever made.

“Yes. But he thinks it’s best for her if he stays out of the picture.” What is Byunghyun trying to pull?

“How is he going to do that?” Chanhee glanced at me with a worried face and was hesitant.

“What is he going to do? Tell me Chanhee.”

“He plans to leave to the states, live with his aunt, and finish his education there. He said he doesn’t know if he’ll come back.”

“Wait, did he already leave?” Chanhee was confused at first, then he gasped, “, I didn’t think he would leave right now.” I was already calling Byunghyun. *Pick up, pick up, come on.*

“. . .” Breathing could be heard on the other end.

“L.Joe tell me you didn’t leave yet.”

“Chunji told you didn’t he?”

“L.Joe, tell me you’re not getting on a plane right now.”

“I can’t leave yet. There’s still many things I have to do first.”

“So you’re still going to leave? When?”

“I don’t know, maybe next week.”

“Where are you staying?”

“You’re right, I’m not staying at the dorm. I’ll still come to practice so don’t worry too much.” 

“Where, L.Joe?”

“You know there’s only one place I can stay if not at the dorm.”

“You’re really staying there? The orphanage?”

“Yeah, Ms.Park doesn’t mind and I’ll be helping out too. I like it there.”

“What about your clothes and stuff?”

“I’ve already taken what I needed. I’ll be back every once in a while to pack it all up. I already told manager hyung that I won’t be staying at the dorm and I know he cleared our schedule for the next few weeks.”

“You think you’ve got this all figured out, don’t you?” I can’t believe how much of an idiot Byunghyun is right now.

“What? You think otherwise?”

“I do. People don’t do what you think they will, life isn’t like the movies Byunghyun. People are unpredictable.”

“You don’t understand, you never will. You have never loved someone!” 

“I have! You just think everyone is like Minyoung! They’re not! No one is the exact same!”

“You don’t know that!”
I sighed, “She seriously ed you up didn’t she?” That’s when I heard him trying to keep it in. 
“Byunghyun, tell me where you are right now. We’ll talk about this, please don’t make rash decisions.” He sniffled, “I’m at the dorm.”

“I’m on my way.” Click.

“What do I tell them?” I forgot Chanhee was still here.

“Just tell them, I had to leave. They’ll understand.” I hoped.

“Alright, just promise me that you’ll stop that idiot best friend of mine from doing anything stupid.” I cracked a smile feeling a little better after all this chaos. We linked pinkies and sealed it with our thumbs, “I promise Chanhee.” 

Later that same day

L.Joe's P.O.V

I was packing clothes, amongst other things, into suitcases and boxes. Overall, I'm about half the way done with everything. It was hard for me, I couldn't even step inside my own room at first, because it made me think of her. The things that reminded me of her, I set aside. The pile consisted of the clothes we wore together, what I wore the day she first came, the night we spent together, all of that. Including things I thought she would like, or would want while I would be gone.

"Hey." I turned around, Cap was standing or rather leaning on the door frame.

"What? Are you here to tell me I'm stupid?" I asked continuing to pack.

"No, I'm sure Chunji already did that for me." I could hear him walking in the room and sitting down. "Byunghyun, will you stop for one second and look at me?" I sighed and put whatever I was holding down. I got in a more comfortable sitting position and turned around. "You know I love you all like we're brothers. I only want you to be sure about your decision. I don't want you to regret-"

"I know what I'm doing."

"Really now?"

"I won't make the same mistake as last time."

"Mei is different! You don't know what her decision is. You need to understand that, she is different from Minyoung-"

"I said not to say that name ever again." I hissed cutting off Cap.

"Face the facts Byunghyun! Accept what's right in front of you! You can't keep doing this every time you love someone." *Am I really wrong?* I let out a huge sigh, ruffled my hair, and finally really looked at Cap.

"What should I do then?" I asked helplessly.

“First, stop packing.” I nodded.

“Second, clear your mind.”

“How do I do that?”

“What do you normally do when you have to think?” I gave Cap a weird look but actually thought about the answer.

“I practice till I’m worn out. Take a long shower, or take a long walk around.”

“Okay, go do one of those. Then think about your decision. Consult with me before you finalize anything, Byunghyun.”

“Yeah, I’ve got it Minsoo. Thanks.”

"This is what I'm here for." I changed clothes, grabbed my phone and my headphones, heading out to who knows where.