Mental Break Down

Painful Past Leads To A New Future

Mei's P.O.V

 

You didn't know where you were going. You just let your feet take you wherever, through the cemetery in hopes of finding her parents graves close by. The guys were following not far behind, but they kept their distance. You looked at each tombstone you passed, you've already gone by 30 of them. So far none of them were your parents. 

You glanced back at the guys for a moment you thought they would have given up on you and left you alone like everyone else when you were a child. But instead they stood their ground, some of them were looking down, others gave you a small smile. *You guys are different. You didn't leave or push me down.* You looked straight ahead and kept walking. 

After a few more steps, they were there, right at your feet. You knelt down and brushed your hands over their names. *Omma . . . Appa . . . I finally get to meet you again after all these years.* 

"Omma, Appa, I would have visited you sooner but oppa kept me from you after all these years. Mianhe. . ." Unknowingly your tears started to flow. You covered your face with your palms. 

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

 

I just wanted to come beside Mei and pull her into my arms, comfort her until she stopped crying but it wasn't my place. To me she's like the little sister I've never had. I glanced at the others, each of them looked at Mei in a way they would look at a little sister. I never knew each of us would feel this way to one girl, Mei. We've barely known her for a day and we're already caring for her. We already think of her as our dongsaeng. Unconsciously, each of us were drawn to her. 

I was about to step closer to Mei but oddly enough Kris was the one to pull Mei into his embrace. Offering her the comfort, any one of us would have.

 

Kris's P.O.V

 

Mei reminded me so much of my best friend. But the thing was I couldn't have protected her, like I could with Mei right now. Mei was fragile just like everyone else under that false strong, brave facade was just a little girl. 

"It's gonna be okay." I said even though I wasn't entirely sure if that was true. I rubbed small circle on her back, hoping to ease some of her pain. 

After a little bit she calmed down. She didn't try to get out of my embrace. Instead she spoke.

"Omma, Appa, mianhe. I was the one who was supposed to go. Not you. If only I could turn back time, you'd be here and I'd be where you are now. I've always only caused you trouble. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. If I could I'd change places in a heartbeat. Everyone would have been happy, Sunggyu oppa wouldn't have had to do what he did just to help me. He didn't get to live he's childhood. Everyone would have forgotten me, anyways after a couple of months. I'm sorry I caused not only you, halmeoni, and oppa pain. Others hated me for being happy without my parents, without you two, but I didn't know. I'm sorry, I was so naive." Mei started crying again. 

I looked up at the guys and signaled them to come closer. We all gathered around Mei and gave her one giant hug. 

"It's gonna be okay. It wasn't your fault. You were young, you couldn't have controlled what happened." I said.

"Really? I don't believe it." She looked at me, tears filled her eyes. "If you were in my place, you would be blaming yourself too. If I didn't run across the street, letting go of both their hands to get to car, they would have been here! They would have been here everyday! They would have been here for me and oppa! It's all my fault! You can't just say everything's gonna be okay! Because it'll never be okay!" 

The guys backed away, letting Mei throw her tantrum. Funny thing was she needed to vent, since I was the closest I became her punching bag. It had hurt the first couple of times but it would never compare to the pain and regret she was feeling right now. 

I held her tight, receiving all the punches she'd given me. Gradually she started to slow down, I looked down at her. She fell asleep. Her face was tear stained, her eyes were red and swollen. She looked so fragile, vulnerable, and weak. 

"Let's bring her to our dorm. Xiumin you can share right?" I asked, getting up with Mei in my arms.

"Neh, Mei's just like my younger sister." Xiumin said.

"Alright let's go." I replied. We walked back warily to the dorm. We were all tired and depressed. But there was one thing that kept bugging me, what does she mean? How could her parents death be her fault? Who's her brother? I looked down at Mei, no matter what she doesn't deserve to feel this way.

*Maybe you don't see it Mei but we'll be here for you.*