Maybe There's Still Hope. . .

Painful Past Leads To A New Future

No One's P.O.V

 

"Let's get straight to the point, shall we?" Mr.Lee said. Everyone just nodded.

"Okay then, I'm sure you're all aware that Mei had been in a coma for six years from a car accident?" Mr.Lee asked, looking at Mei's medical records.

"Neh." Ms.Kim replied.

"Well were any of you aware that what Mei's dreams are trying to trigger or flip some sort of switch to her memories?"

"Neh." Chunji replied.

"We have a bright young man here. As I was saying, Mei may not be able to remember the people she has met since the time she woke up from that coma. But she may be able to remember those from the time she was a child."

"So what you're saying is Mei won't be able to remember us?" CAP said slowly letting the information sink in.

"That is correct."

"Is there any way for Mei to be able to remember us and regain her lost memories?" L.Joe said in a desperate tone.

"Actually, yes there is one possibility." Mr.Lee said and took  off his glasses. "But Mei would have to take Jenova-2635, but in addition to that there are serious symptoms." (Jenova-2635 is not real.)

"What are the symptoms?" Changjo said in a serious tone.

"Some symptoms are headaches, high fevers, hallucinations, blurry vision, dizzyness, and possible fainting. But of course Mei could be watched over in the hospital." Mr.Lee said as a matter of factly.

"How long would she have to take Jenova-2635?" Niel asked out of curiousity.

"Approxiamately 4 to 6 weeks. The pill would kick in instantly."

"I see." Ms.Kim said nodding.

"Mei will also have to come in once a week for a check up."

"Can we see her now?" Ricky asked.

"Of course, she's in room 353, take the elevator to the 3rd floor and keep going to the right until you see her room. I've got another appointment now." Mr.Lee said and stood up. Everyone except Mr.Lee left with this thought in their minds, *Should we risk it? Or should we start over again?* 

 

. . . 15 minutes later . . . 

 

L.Joe's P.O.V

 

We all arrived infront of Mei's room. But none of us dared to step inside, not even Ms.Kim. *What if she doesn't know us anymore? I mean, we may have only known each other for about a day but she's the first person that's opened up my heart agian. She's the only one I feel I can trust. The only one who can make me feel love again. . . * I walked to the door and grabbed the door handle, slowly turning it. As soon as everyone heard the click sound, they looked at me, shocked and unsure.

"I'm going in." I said trying to put on a smile. As I was walking in, Ricky grabbed my arm.

"Coming?" I whispered. Ricky only nodded back in response. Once we were fully in the room, we saw Mei lying in bed, her eyes were closed. She had a small smile on her face. At the end of the bed was a clipboard. I picked it up while Ricky stood beside Mei's bed, holding onto the bed railing. 

 

Clipboard

Patient : Kim Mei

Status : Currently resting

 

After that was her medical charts, which I didn't understand at all. I put the clip board back and sat down on the chair beside her bed, opposite from Ricky. I took a hold of Mei's right hand in both of my hands, rubbing my thumb over her hand.

"Mei-ah, please get better or at least let us be chingus again. Please be healthy again for us, for halmeoni, for Sunggyu, and for me. Please. . ." I said, my voice cracked a bit here and there but I got it out. Ricky was already bawling his eyes out, again. I was gonna come over and give him a hug when Changjo came in and did it instead.

"I've got him, hyung." Changjo said and gave me a weak smile. I looked back at Mei. *I never knew. . . I never suspected anything . . . I never asked . . . * I looked down, and felt tears rolling down my cheeks. Everyone else had come in.

Chunji gave me a hug, "It's not your fault. No one knew this would happen." Chunji said. It was like he read my mind.

"Mei-ah, please get better. I can't stand the fact that I was the one who made you become like this. I have no clue what Sunggyu might do when he finds out. Please, Mei-ah open your eyes." Halmeoni cried, standing at the end of the bed. CAP had put his arm on her shoulder and patted her shoulder before handing her a handkerchief. In that instant Halmeoni's phone began to ring. She knew that one of the Infinite members had called her. She hesitated to pick it up.

"Halmeoni, I'll take the call for you." I said. She passed me the phone.

"Yoboseyo?" I said cautiously.

"Who is this?"

"L.Joe-imnida. Halmeoni is unable to speak right now."

"Ah, can you tell me how Mei is?"

"As of right now she's sleeping."

"Actually sleeping? She's not in a coma?"

"Aniyo, she's just sleeping."

"Arrasseo, what did the doctor say?"

"He said Mei won't be able to remember the people she's met since she woke up from her coma 12 years ago. But if she wants to remember both the past and present she has to take Jenova-2635. Though, there are dangerous symptoms."

"Like what?"

"High fevers, headaches, dizziness, blurry vision, and possible fainting."

"How long does she need to take it?"

"Four to six weeks."

"I see, kashahamnida."

"Ani, it was nothing. I didn't catch your name by the way."

"Ah, Woohyun-imnida. We'll try to be back as soon as possible."

"Arrasseo, annyeong."

"Annyeong." The room was dead silent when I ended the call and gave halmeoni back her phone.

"Who was it?" Halmeoni asked.

"Woohyun, he said they'll try to be back as soon as possible." I said and sat back down. I looked at my phone, checking the time, it was 3:50 am.

Then we all heard it, "Mhmm."Mei groaned. She first sat herself up. Then opened her eyes but blinked multiple times trying to adjust to the light of the room.

 

 

Mei's P.O.V 

 

*Ugh! Man, my head hurts!* "Where am I?" You said, glancing around the room.

"You're in the hospital  honey." Halmeoni said. You looked at her,  her eyes were red and puffy.

"Why?" You said.

"You fainted." A deep voice answered.

"Who are all you guys?" You asked noticing 6 other people in the same room.

"Bang Minsoo-imnida, some call me CAP." Cap said and bowed.

"Who are the others?" You asked innocently pointing to the 4 other people who were sitting on the couch.

One of them  stood up, "Choi Jonghyun-imnida, call me Changjo." Changjo sat back down and nudged the person beside him. He just shook his head.

"Sorry, about him." Changjo said.

"It's fine."

The person next to them stood up, "Lee Chanhee-imnida. as known as Chunji. Call me oppa." Chunji tried his best to smile.

"Oppa?" You said and tilted your head slightly to the side. This time he had a real smile.

The person at the end of the couch stood up, "Ahn Daniel-imnida, Niel for short."

"Arrasseo, but can someone tell me why Byunghyun oppa is leaning on my arm?" You said receiving shocked faces from everyone.

"What you know him?" CAP said and pointed at Byunghyun.

"Of course I know him, oppa's my best friend." You said with a smile. This time Byunghyun looked at you with a shocked expression.  

"Wait a second, you're the girl from the park? 13 years ago? But you said your name was Mei. The girl from the park was Mai."

"I couldn't pronounce my name properly back then."

"I just can't believe its you." Byunghyun said. You giggled, lifting the dark atmosphere in the room. Byunghyun ruffled your hair.

"Oppa!" You pouted. Everyone else began to laugh.

"I don't get it why is everyone laughing?" You said a little irritated.

"It's nothing, we're laughing because you're cute." Byunghyun said and pinched your cheeks.

"Oppa, that hurts! Stop it!" You pouted.

Byunghyun chuckled and ruffled you hair some more, "Yep, definitely cute." You puffed your cheeks and glared at him.

"We should call the doctor now, you've been awake for 15 minutes already." Chunji said looking at his watch.

"Right, I'll go get him." CAP said and left. 

 

No One's P.O.V

 

Moments later CAP and Mr.Lee had entered the room.

"How are you feeling?" Mr.Lee asked clicking his pen.

"I had a headache when I woke up but it subsided." Mei said looking up at Mr.Lee.

"I see, so has anyone told you about Jenova-2635?" Mr.Lee said scribbling something down.

"Ani, what is it?"

"Well if you want to remember the time from when you  left to the states to becoming eighteen along with the time you were a child, you would have to take Jenova-2635."

"Arrasseo, but would I have to stay in the hospital?"

"Ani, but I would suggest you try to be indoors at all time."

"Kashahamnida, when can I leave the hospital?"

"Tomorrow and if you would like to, you could take it now."

"Actually yes, I would like to take it now."

"I'll have the nurse bring it in along with some papers you need to sign."

"Arrasseo." With that Mr.Lee left.

 

Mei's P.O.V

 

You yawned. *I guess I'm still sleepy.*

"Sleepy?" Byunghyun asked.

"Yep but you must be tired too. Everyone else went to sleep and Halmeoni went home. You should rest too, oppa."

"You sleep first, when the nurse gets here I'll wake you."

"Aniyo, I'll stay awake with my pabo oppa."

"Here's an idea, how about we both go to sleep, hmm?"

"Arrasseo." You said and moved over. You patted the now empty space beside you. Byunghyun pointed at himself with a questioning look.

"Neh, pabo." You said and tugged his hand.

"Arrasseo." Byunghyun said and climbed in. He pulled you closer to him so it was kinda less squishy and little more comfortable.

"Night,night." You said. The both of you fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

I almost freaked out when I thought I was still on chapter 15 and I didn't save it the last time I updated. Anyways, has anyone listened to Exo's new song Growl? If you didn't, you absolutely should! I loved it! Also if you haven't checked out Bangtan Boys also known as BTS, check them out! You won't regret it, I swear! Annyeong! - >~<