Decor-ake team . . . Not anymore

Painful Past Leads To A New Future

Chunji's P.O.V

 

"What did they say, Changjo?"

"Well, they were at a bakery getting candles so they also requested for a cake since we couldn't. And I got a text from Niel hyung saying that we should head over there A.S.A.P"

"A.S.A.P?"

"As soon as possible."

"Arrasseo, kaja!" Changjo and I left the bakery and went to a party store. There we got a couple of party hats, balloons, noise makers, and of course party poppers. (They're actually called that, hard to believe.)

"Where to now?" I asked Changjo.

"The Kitty Bakery. It's not far from here. It's like a ten minute walk away."

"Arrasseo."

 

. . .  After what seemed to be the longest 10 minutes ever . . . 

 

No One's P.O.V

 

Chunji and Changjo walked to the counter.

"Yoboseyo?" Chunji called out.

"One minute!" Chunji and Changjo looked at each other, then past the counter and into the kitchen. It looked like CAP, Niel, and Ricky were doing some baking.

"How can I help you fine young gentle men?" The ahjumma asked.

"Well our chingus asked us to come here." Chunji said, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh, you must be Chunji and Changjo, please follow me." The ahjumma waved Chunji and Changjo over to follow her. She took them to a locker room to change their clothes. Then to the kitchen. To their surprise, CAP, Niel, and Ricky didn't look too happy at all. 

"You two help CAP and Niel with the mixing." They went over to them.

"Now shall I continue or shall I start over?" She asked not looking away from the pot of chocolate she was melting.

"Can you start over please?" Changjo said after he raised his hand.

"Alright, but no interruptions and focus on the task at hand not just listening."

 

Mei's Halmeoni's P.O.V

 

"It was around noon when I got that call. It was the police, they had told me, my son-in law and daughter had gotten in a car accident along with their children. I thought to myself at the time, they just left here moments ago, it's not possible is it? I closed the bakery and ran to the scene of the crime. When I got there I saw policemen asking Sunggyu questions. I called out to him and he ran to me. He was trying to hold his tears in, to be strong for Mei. I didn't know at first but when I asked if they saw a little girl, they pointed over to an ambulance."

"I looked in and saw my only granddaughter, Mei laying there unconscious, in a coma, showing no signs of movement at all. The paramedics asked me to get in. I did. When we reached the hospital, Mei was rushed to the emergency room. Once the doors were shut Sunggyu just let all of his tears go. He fell asleep with his head on my lap. The boy was only eight for pete's sake! After 7 or 8 hours the doctor came. He said Mei was going to be fine but he didn't know when she would wake up or if she would. He also said he couldn't save my son-in law, Kim Jonghyun or my daughter Kim Jieun. He said he was sorry. He said they were in a better place, that things were going to be alright."

A tear dropped and I continued.

"Afterwards, Sunggyu and I went to Mei's room. She had bandages on her head and a cast on her right arm. He took her hand and vowed that he would protect her, to keep this from ever happening to her again and to make her happy. To get her anything she ever wished for. That was when he started training to be an idol. It wasn't his dream but his sister's dream for him. Everyday no matter how late, he would visit me then visit Mei in the hospital and sing her a lullaby. No matter what he felt like he had to do that at the very least, foolish huh?"

There was complete silence.

"We had held the funeral 2 weeks later because we hoped Mei would have woken up by  then but she didn't. She had woke up on her 12th birthday. It was 6 years after the incident that she finally woke up. She missed a whole 6 years of her life, her childhood! There was no way she could relive it. She had no recollection of anything what so ever. Not of me, Sunggyu, or her parents."

"The doctor said she could remember her past if she wanted to but Sunggyu was against it. He didn't want Mei to have to regain those memories and go through depression, he wouldn't allow it. So instead when he had to travel aboard because of his career he took Mei along with him to the states. That's why she understands English so well."

"It was truly a miracle that Mei didn't have to learn how to talk,walk, read or write again. They came back when Mei was fourteen, Sunggyu sixteen. He got them a house, enrolled Mei into his high school, a week after that he came to see me. He took all the things they left behind, when Mei was twelve. He said he'd see me at least once a month and tell me how Mei was doing, and he has. I always hear things like, she's doing well, she's all grown up, or she doesn't need me to protect her anymore. But I really wish I could have seen it with my own eyes. That's my side of the story but I'm sure if you ask Sunggyu he'll tell you." I sighed.

"Kashahamnida for sharing this with us, ahjumma." CAP said and all of them bowed along with him.

"Aniyo, kashahamnida for helping. You all have done more than enough to help. I'll do the rest from here on out."

"Kashahamnida, annyeong!" They all left and I continued my work, knowing that this was for her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kinda y back story but . . . whatever. Till the next update, annyeong! - >~<