You Found Me

Painful Past Leads To A New Future

L.Joe’s P.O.V

I’ve been wandering the streets of Seoul and somehow I find myself at the Han River. *Everytime I leave to think, I’m led back to this place, why? None of the memories I have here are happy. Every single one of them are just sad and lonely.*

{Flashbacks}

“Byunghyun­ah!” Umma, Appa, and I were playing together on the side of the river. Umma was trying to teach me how to make a boat out of paper as she was telling me a story along with Appa.

“People say that if you make a boat with your wish on it and sail it on the Han River, if it doesn’t come back the next day, your wish will come true.” I was listening as I thought about what I wanted to wished for.

“That’s right, in fact when your mother and I were teenagers, we made a wish to wait for eachother. I was going to college here, while your mother had to study in the States because of her parents.” I scrunched up my nose and made a face at Umma and Appa, too young to understand what love was.

“Have you thought of a wish­” Umma was asking but we heard a gunshot, and voices. Umma immediately picked me up, making me drop my boat.

“Honey, get Byunghyun and yourself to the car, I’ll be there as soon as I can.” Appa kissed Umma and I on our heads, but soon we could clearly see drunkards approaching, as we were saying goodbye, I never knew it would be our last.

“Hey, hand over the kid and the pretty lady.” One of them ordered Appa, there were three. I was scared and so was Umma.

“There’s no way in hell I’ll do that.” Appa stood in front of Umma and I shielding us. Then there was that clear click sound of the gun, one of the other men pointed it at Appa. “Run, quickly, get help. I love you.” Appa then ran up to the men and kicked the one with the gun, as Umma was running away with me. Bang! Umma put me down.

“Byunghyun­ah,” She caressed my cheeks and wiped away my tears, “run as far away as you can okay?” She put a cell phone in my hand, “Press one, okay? Mommy is going to help daddy, hurry. Love you. Go.” She turned me around and gave me a push, I looked back, Umma was fighting off the men and Appa was on the floor. Tears swelled in my eyes.

I don’t know how long it’s been but I finally reached the car, and hid. Taking Umma’s phone and pressing one, waiting for someone to pick up.

“Hello? Miss Lee?” It was the butler of the house, Alfred, the one who took care of me when Umma and Appa were gone most of the time.

“H­elp, Alfred.”

“Young Master? What’s wrong? Where are your parents?” I heard footsteps but no one came.

I whispered, “Gone. People. Guns. Help.” I didn’t know complete phrases in Korean yet, so I spoke in broken up english as I had originally lived in the States before.

“Hang tight, okay? I’m calling for help, stay with me, okay.”

“Okay.” I could hear Alfred on the other side, speaking to the police and telling them the situation.

“The police will be there in five minutes, okay? Hang on.” I said nothing, I was slowly feeling sleepy. My eyelids were drooping, when I heard the sirens.

“Sir! There’s a child here!” Someone said, I heard footsteps approaching.

“It has to be young master, Byunghyun!” This voice I knew, it was Alfred. I opened my eyes as someone picked me up. “Thank god you’re alright.”

“Sir, please move to the police car. We’re going to have to bring the boy to the hospital to get him checked, and close off the scene, his parents unfortunately didn’t make it.” Everything seemed to go numb, I couldn’t feel anymore.

Soon after I was pushed from family to family, until they finally put me in an orphanage. I don’t remember much after their deaths.

8 years later

“Byunghyun, let’s break up.” The person who gave me light in those dark days of my life, is now leaving me behind like my loved ones.

“Wae? You don’t like me anymore?” 

“Yes. I found someone else that’s better, and let’s me live the way I want. Goodbye, Byunghyun.” She turned and walked away. I felt that same numbness from when my parents died, I became paralyzed, unable to chase after her.

{End of Flashbacks}

I sat down underneath a tree, holding my face in my palms. I hadn’t known when, but I was crying, I wanted to stop but the tears kept flowing. I just wanted someone to be there with me, anyone. I didn’t want to be alone. I didn’t want to be pushed away. My phone went off, but I let it ring.

Mei’s P.O.V
I was discharged from the hospital after a few hours. L.Joe never came back 
during the whole time I was in the hospital. I was with Sunggyu oppa at Infinite’s dorm, even though I asked him to let me go to Teen Top’s dorm. As a compromise, he said I could use his phone to call them instead, but the one I was calling, never picked up. I could feel it in my heart, he needed me. *Oppa please, I want to be where you are.*

“Anyone picking up?” Dongwoo oppa asked as he sat beside me. I shook my head, I was sad and frustrated at L.Joe, even though it wasn’t my place to be like that.

“I just feel like he needs me, someone, but I also feel like I’m in the wrong. Like I’ve hurt him somehow. I want to make it right, but it’s like he’s pushing me away, I don’t know what to do anymore!” I broke out in tears and Dongwoo oppa hugged me.

Chunji’s P.O.V
“Where’s L.Joe?” We were back at the dorm, the younger ones went to sleep 
after the stressful day. I was speaking with Cap in the living room. “I don’t know.”

“Are you ing with me?!?” I was pissed beyond belief, “Where the hell is he? He could be in danger or in pain!”

“Byunghyun is old enough to not need protection.” 

“That’s not it, you fool. L.Joe needs company, comfort, and care, right now. You didn’t think he just needed to clear his head did you?! That’s it! I’m going to go find him.”

“You can’t. It’s already more than enough that L.Joe is out this late, we can’t go losing you too.”

“I don’t get it, what are you trying to say?”

L.Joe’s P.O.V
Ring, ring. I had already finished crying, it’s like my eyes dried out. I picked 
it up. “Hello? Oppa?” I closed my eyes, and imagined her in my mind. “I know you’re there, can you please talk to me? Or tell me where you are? I really really want be where you are.”

“Han River.” That’s all I said to her. I didn’t think I even needed anymore words, because somehow she knew exactly what I needed and wanted.

“I’m coming! Stay there, okay? Don’t leave me again.” I could hear others in the background asking her where she was going, she said, "To oppa!" They tried to chase her or so I thought, I heard one of them tell the others not to follow. Not long after she left them, she came to the Han River. I heard her voice, but I couldn't formulate words to respond.

"Oppa? Eodi? I need to know you're okay. Please." I could hear her voice shaking, was she crying? *I'm not worth your tears, I don't deserve them.*

"Mei." I called out once and she came running. The moment she saw me, she literally fell on me and hugged me. "Shush, it's okay." My voice was hoarse from my previous crying.

Once she let go, she stayed on my lap, holding my face with her petite hands. "Thank god you're okay. I don't know what I'd do if you left me." She began crying, but not moving her hands to wipe her own tears. *Aish this girl.* I grabbed her wrists, and pulled her in as I leaned in. Her lips were soft and sweet, yet salty from her tears.