Chapter 8

We Are GEMS!

"Tao...." I thought, walking aimlessly through the S.M. building.

 

After the meeting with Exo yesterday, I couldn't get him off of my mind!

 

I couldn't even sleep a wink last night!

 

It was frustrating...

 

Every time I thought about him, I would start to feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

 

"So, this is what it's like to be in love..." I looked up at the ceiling, in a daze.

 

BUMP!

 

"YAH!! WHAT WHERE YOU'RE GOING, IDIOT!" An unfamiliar voice screeched. I then realized that I had bumped into somebody and quickly bowed.

 

"Sorry." I said then looked up.

 

It was a girl.

 

She flipped her long, dark hair and glared down at me with burning green eyes.

 

"That really hurt, y'know. I could have a serious injury now." She said dramatically. I gave her a blank stare.

 

This girl was seriously over-exaggerating.

 

"I already said I was sorry." I said with no emotion. "Besides, you look fine to me."

 

Her eyes flashed and she took a step towards me.

 

"Sorry doesn't cut it if a person as great as myself is injured." She said in a snobby tone.

 

My eyebrow twitched and I slightly grit my teeth.

 

She is very irritating.

 

"Look, if you don't want to accept my apology, then that's really your problem. I'll be on my way now." I said in a low voice and took a step to the side. I was about to leave, but then was stopped when another girl stepped infront of me.

 

"Leaving so soon?" She smirked then pushed me. After stumbling backwards slightly, I quickly regained my balance and stood up straight.

 

I glared at the newcomer.

 

"Yura, who's this?" The irritating girl, Yura, glanced at us.

 

"No one, Minji. Just some trash." Yura replied with a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at her.

 

She was seriously asking for it...

 

"Hmm...she looks familiar though..." The other girl, Minji, said, eyes scanning me. She then had a look of realization.

 

"Oh! She's the girl that got scouted by Min Kyung!" Yura looked at me with wide eyes.

 

"Min Kyung scouted her? Why would he do that? Talentless trash like her shouldn't even be here!" I clenched my fists.

 

I wanted to punch her.

 

I wanted to punch her so bad.

 

But, I wasn't stupid enough to do it and get myself thrown out of S.M., so I held back.

 

"Hmm...maybe we should mess up that face of hers. Then, she would be too ugly to ever show her face here again." I took a step back as they looked at me, smirking evilly.

 

"Damn...." I thought, quickly glancing behind me.

 

It was a dead end.

 

The only way out is past these two crazy chicks. I took a deep breath.

 

"It's worth a try..." I thought, bending my knees slightly. I then took off, going towards them.

 

I was already almost in their reach, but at the last second, I quickly sidestepped them.

 

I thought I was actually going to make it, until one of them tripped me, sending me to the floor.

 

I groaned in pain as I laid on my stomach. Putting the pain aside, I tried to get up, but went back down when I felt a heavy weight on my back.

 

"Oh, look. She's still trying to run away." Minji said humorously.

 

"Get off of me!" I shouted angrily. Yura laughed and folded her arms.

 

"What should we do with her?" Minji made a humming sound.

 

"Let's mess up her face and cut her hair!" I gritted my teeth when she pulled my hair hard.

 

"You two." We all looked forward at the sudden voice.

 

My eyes widened.

 

There stood Jihyun, or as everyone calls him, HyunJ. He was glaring coldly at Yura and Minji, his lips formed in a straight line.

 

"HYUNJ OPPA!!!" They both shouted in a mixture of shock and surprise.

 

HyunJ glanced at Minji and narrowed his eyes. "Get off of her."

 

Minji gulped at the coldness of his voice and was instantly on her feet. HyunJ walked towards me and offered his hand, which I accepted.

 

"Are you okay?" He asked me, his voice softening. I nodded.

 

"Yeah. Thanks." I smiled at him. HyunJ stared at me for a second before turning his attention to the other two.

 

"I'll be reporting this to Lee Soo Man himself. Bullying is not tolerated here so if you get kicked out, don't be so surprised." He said in a low voice before walking off, taking me along with him.

 

"Are you sure you aren't hurt anywhere?" HyunJ asked as we walked.

 

"I'm okay. Anyways, thanks again." I said, grateful. "I would've been seriously injured if you hadn't saved me back there."

 

"No problem. I'm pretty sure Myon would've gone on a rampage if that happened to you. So, I'm glad you're ok." He said cooly. I smiled widely and continued to walk with him.

 

"Umm....HyunJ..." He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I played with the hem of my shirt and glanced at him. "Is...is Exo gonna come by again?"

 

He nodded. "Yeah. I heard from my manager that they're gonna start coming back to S.M. for more dance practices."

 

HyunJ looked at me. "Why?"

 

I quickly looked away, feeling my face redden. "No reason."

 

He smirked a bit. "You like someone in that group, don't you?"

 

"NO!" I denied, a bit too quickly. I mentally smacked myself.

 

Kyu Mi Ri, you at lying.....

 

His smirk widened. "Who is it?"

 

I looked down in defeat.

 

"....Tao....." I covered my face in embarrassment.

 

"Anyways, how the heck did you know that I have someone I like?" I asked, looking up at him.

 

"You act the same as that sister of mine when I talk to her about Luhan." HyunJ said. "Plus, you at lying."

 

I frowned. "Gee, thanks."

 

"MIRI-AH!!!!!!!!" We both stopped walking.

 

"An idiot is coming our way..." HyunJ mumbled.

 

Just then, I was tackled in a bear hug by my idiot brother, Myon.

 

"I'VE MISSED YOU!! WE BARELY GET TO SEE EACH OTHER ANYMORE!!" Myon exclaimed sadly. He then spotted HyunJ and put me down.

 

"Oi, I was looking for you! We have practice!" Myon said, glaring a bit at him.

 

"Like I don't already know that, idiot." HyunJ responded cooly. Myon growled.

 

"WHAT DID YOU CALL M- OI!! WAIT UP!!!" Myon shouted and ran to HyunJ, who was already walking away.

 

“Bye.” HyunJ waved to me as he walked away with Myon.

 

“Don’t be so familiar with her, you bastard!”

 

“Like I would listen to you, idiot.”

 

I laughed to myself.

 

Those two are a funny pair!~

 

“Better get to class…” I thought as I checked my watch. “Break was over 8 minutes ago…”

 

After 10 minutes, I made it to my vocal class and opened the door.

 

“Miri! Where were you??” Jijoon asked, coming over to me with our group.

 

“..I…uh….got lost...” I lied. They all looked at me, unconvinced.

 

I sighed deeply. “Something happened…I’ll tell you guys later, ok?”

 

“…Fine. You better, though.” Chaerin said, staring at me with worry. I smiled at her and nodded.

 

“Y’know, you’re lucky Lee seonsangnim went to an important meeting before class started. He would’ve probably gotten mad at you for being late.” Sooyun said.

 

I laughed sheepishly. “Hehe…yeah.”

 

Just then, the door opened behind me.

 

It was Lee seonsangnim.

 

“You six…” He said with a serious look after his eyes landed on us. “Come with me.”

 

We all looked at each other in confusion and followed Lee seonsangnim without a word.

 

“Are we in trouble?” Jiwoo whispered to me. I shrugged.

 

“I don’t think so…” I whispered back as Lee seonsangnim led us into a room that I’ve never been in. There, we saw Min Kyung.

 

I looked at him, even more confused.

 

What’s going on???

 

“Girls.” Kyung said, gaining our attention.

 

“We have discussed this at our meeting today and it’s been decided.”

 

“What’s been decided?” Hyunae asked curiously.

 

Kyung looked at us then smiled.

 

“You are going to debut as a group.”