Chapter 10

We Are GEMS!

"Miri....wake up."

 

"Nnn....." I rolled over onto my back and slowly opened my eyes. Umma smiled at me as I groggily sat up and stretched.

 

"Morning, umma. What time is it?" I asked.

 

"It's 7:25 am. Hurry and get ready. Isn't your manager going to pick you up at 8:00?" My eyes widened at that.

 

"THAT'S RIGHT!! I FORGOT!!!" I exclaimed then ran around my room, searching for something to wear.

 

"Umma! Have you seen my favorite purple shirt anywhere? Nevermind, I'll just wear this.....Aish!! I can't find my matching shoe- AH!!!" I then accidently tripped over my own feet, causing umma to laugh lightly.

 

"Owww...." I slowly got up and pouted at her.

 

"Umma! It's not funny!" I whined, earning another laugh from her. She stood up and smiled at me when she calmed down.

 

"Hurry and change. He'll be here soon." She walked over to the door and opened it.

 

"And Miri..." I looked at her. "I want you to know that I'm proud of you. You worked very hard to get to where you're at now."

 

I smiled at her. "Thanks, umma."

 

She nodded to me then left, leaving me to my business.

 

20 Minutes Later...

 

I stepped out of my bathroom, feeling refreshed, after I had finished my daily morning routine. I quickly threw on a black and white T-shirt that was laid out on my bed and grabbed one of my many sweaters and pulled it over me. I then proceeded to put on my blue skinny jeans along with my purple shoes. After, I hurriedly brushed my hair out and checked the time.

 

"7:48..." I murmured, putting my brush away. I walked over to my door, but stopped when I saw something in the corner of my eye. I looked over at my dresser and saw Tao's neatly folded jacket resting above it. I walked over to it and unfolded it.

 

"It smells good..." I thought as I hugged it. "Just like him...."

 

"Have you ever been in love?"

 

"I had a good time with you too."

 

"I'd feel bad if I don't do this."

 

"You're short."

 

"FIGHTING!!"

 

I hugged his jacket tighter, blushing.

 

Gah….

 

I miss him….

 

"Miri! Palli! They're outside!" I heard umma shout from downstairs. My eyes widened.

 

"OK!!" I shouted back, putting his jacket on my bed and ran downstairs.

 

"Bye umma!” I said to her as I ran out the door, quickly closing it behind me.

 

“Miri! Good morning!~” Chaeri sang happily, sticking her head out of the window of a white van. I grinned at her as I walked over and opened the door.

 

“Morning!” I said, taking a seat beside her. I looked around and noticed everyone else was here aswell.

 

“Where are we going?” I heard Sooyun ask Kyung as he drove the van.

 

“You’re all going to get a makeover. If you’re going to be an idol, you need to look the part.” He replied.

 

“Cool! Hey, can we even get something to eat after?? I want ice cream!!” I exclaimed excitedly, bouncing in my seat. Kyung glanced at me.

 

“No ice cream. You’ll gain weight. Besides, it’s too early in the morning for that.” I pouted at him while the others scoffed.

 

“It’s never too early for ice cream!” I said, crossing my arms.

 

“This girl? Gain weight? That’s impossible. No matter how much she eats, she’s still so freaking slim!” Chaeri said, glaring at me a bit. “You and your high metabolism.” I just grinned at her.

 

“Even so, idols must be on diets.” Kyung responded, his eyes never leaving the road.

 

“How will I live without my food?” I said, posing dramatically.

 

“It’s so cruel!” Chaeri said, copying me.

 

“So horrible!” HyunAe sniffed, pretending to cry.

 

Kyung just shrugged while Jihan raised an eyebrow at us, probably questioning our sanity.

 

After a while, we finally made it to our destination and got off the van.

 

“This is that super high-class mall where all the idols shop at….” I thought and looked up at the tall building as we all headed to the doors. As we walked inside, I smelt mixtures of different kinds of perfume in the air and scrunched my nose.

 

“Too strong…” I thought, covering my nose.

 

When we reached the barber shop, the whole group took a seat near each other while the barbers tended to our hair. I felt slightly awkward through the whole process when one of the male barbers were cutting my hair and was relieved when it ended.

 

“Ah! Cute! I knew giving you a full fringe was the right choice! It looks good! Now, time to wash it!” He said happily as he took me over to one of the sinks and began washing my hair. After I had my hair dried and curled, I looked at myself in the mirror in amazement.

 

I loved it. My fringe framed my face amazingly and my hair stopped at my chest, in soft curls. It was parted perfectly and had much more volume than it did before. It was so cute! I turned when a female employee told me to sit down for makeup and did as I was told. I was a bit nervous that she might’ve put a bit TOO much makeup on me, but was relieved yet amazed when I saw myself in the mirror. It looked natural. Not too much, but just enough to make me look better. And it felt light. In short, I liked it a lot.

 

After everyone was finished, we walked out, heading to our next stop.

 

“You all need more fashionable clothes to wear whenever we go somewhere. Go look around in that shop. Get a few things. I’m paying for it, so don’t worry.” I looked at Kyung with a frown.

 

“What’s wrong with my clothes?” I asked. He gave me a look.

 

“Just go.” I laughed and ran ahead of them, dragging Chaeri and Suye along with me.

 

“Woah…” Suye said in awe as we stepped into the store.

 

“Look at all the pretty clothes! OH! I SEE PINK DRESSES!!” Chaeri exclaimed excitedly, pointing to one section.

 

“Yeppeun!~ Yeppeun!~” I sang with my aegyo, skipping around.

 

“YAH! NO AEGYO!” Chaeri shouted at me while Suye cringed slightly. I just smiled widely at them and looked around, until something caught my eye.

 

“AH!” I shouted and pointed to the back, getting stares from people. I ignored them all and ran to the item that I saw.

 

It was a panda jacket. A PANDA FREAKING JACKET. I quickly looked at the hood to see little ears attached to it, making me squeal. “IT’S TOO CUTE!!” I exclaimed, hugging it.

 

“I’m so buying this.” I said to myself and walked around with it in my arms. When I finished grabbing a few other clothes, I started looking for Chaeri and Suye, who I left at the entrance. I walked around for a few minutes then finally found them. They were outside, bags of clothes in their hands.

 

“Damn, they work fast…” I thought.

 

After finding and giving Kyung my clothes to pay for, I walked towards them.

 

They were talking with somebody. Well, more like that person was talking to them while they just stood there and looked frozen.

 

As I got closer, my eyes widened at who it was.

 

Yesung.

 

Yesung of freaking Super Junior was talking to them.

 

“So, you’re Chaerin. Your brother tells me a lot about you.” I heard him say to Chaeri, who’s eyes were as wide as plates.

 

“Uh…yeah. Nice to meet you.” She said slowly, trying to contain her excitement. Yesung smiled at her.

 

“Nice to meet you too. I’m-“

 

“Yesung. Yesung of Super Junior, right?” Chaeri cut him off, smiling at him. He grinned sheepishly and scratched the back of his head.

 

“Yeah. Are you a fan of mine?” Chaeri blushed a bit at that and just nodded cutely.

 

“Wow, really? Well, I’m glad I have such a cute fan.” Yesung said, patting her head.

 

I looked at Chaeri with wide eyes. She looked like she was about to die in happiness.

 

“You three!!” We all looked back to see Kyung and the others waiting for us. “C’mon. We still have things to get done.”

 

I walked over to Yesung and smiled at him.

 

“Hi, Yesung of Suju! I’m going to steal them now! BYE!!” I said with a huge grin and hurriedly dragged Suye and Chaeri away, leaving a confused Yesung behind.

 

“How long were you standing there?” Suye asked me, a bit freaked out. I glanced at her. “A while.”

 

Suye looked at Chaeri, who looked as if she was in a daze.

 

“Unnie?? Are you alive???” She asked, waving a hand in front of Chaeri’s face.

 

She didn’t even blink.

 

“What’s wrong with unnie?” Hana asked a bit worried when we caught up with them.

 

“She just met the man of her dreams.” I muttered as Chaeri just stood there, looking off into the distance.

 

Just then, I got an idea and smiled mischievously.

 

You want to know what I did next?

 

I smacked her on her head.

 

Really hard.

 

“YAH!!! THAT HURT!!!” She shouted, rubbing her sore head. I just shrugged and looked away innocently.

 

She narrowed her eyes at me. “You mother fu-“

 

“No cussing. Idols don’t use such foul language.” Kyung reminded Chaeri.

 

Chaeri frowned and just crossed her arms.

 

I hugged her and kissed her head.

 

“Nnn….Mianhae unnie.” I said with my aegyo. She glared down at me.

 

Uh oh…

 

“You have till three.” My eyes widened.

 

“One.” I quickly let go of her and ran.

 

“THREE!! GET YOUR OVER HERE, YOU PANDA!!!” She yelled as she chased me.

 

I inwardly cried.

 

Chaeri is so scary…