Chapter 30

We Are GEMS!

I covered my nose with my sleeve as I sneezed loudly, catching the attention of my fellow members and manager.

 

"You okay panda?" Chaeri asked concerned. "That's like the seventh time you sneezed."

 

I nodded, sniffing a little. "I'm fine."

 

"Are you sure? Your face is a bit red." HyunAe tilted her head, staring at me with worried eyes.

 

"Come here." Kyung gestured for me to stand in front of him. I looked at him with a sigh, but listened anyways.

 

I stood still as he felt my forehead.

 

"...You have a fever." He told me after a moment. Kyung sighed, taking his hand away. "You can't practice like this."

 

I pouted at him.

 

"Don't look at me like that. You have to get well quickly for the performance next week."

 

"....Fine." I sighed out.

 

"I would take you back to the apartment to rest, but I can't leave you there alone. So you should stay at your house until you get better." He said.

 

"I don't mind." I shrugged. "I haven't seen my umma in a while anyways."

 

Kyung nodded before taking out his keys. He looked at the other members. "I'll be right back. I'm going to drop her back at her house." They all nodded.

 

"Get better unnie!" Suye and Hana said.

 

"We'll visit you later!" J-Kat waved at me.

 

I waved goodbye to them before exiting the room with Kyung.


 

"Hello?" I called out as I entered my house. I looked around, confused.

 

"She's not home?" I thought then sneezed.

 

I sniffed and took my Iphone out of my pocket, calling my umma.

 

"Hello?" She answered her cell.

 

"Umma! Where are you? I'm at the house right now." I told her.

 

"Oh! Eottoke? I'm taking your grandpa to the hospital right now. He's not feeling well."

 

"Oh..."

 

"Will you be alright alone in the house till I get back?" She asked with concern.

 

"Yeah, don't worry. Well, I'm gonna go now. Bye umma."

 

"Bye Miri!" She said before hanging up.

 

I stood there for a moment.

 

"......I'm hungry..." I said to myself and left to the kitchen to find something to eat. I soon stopped searching through the refrigerator and cabinets after finding nothing and pouted.

 

I dragged myself upstairs to my own bedroom, plopping onto my bed with a sigh. "There's no foooooooood." I groaned miserably. I then got an idea and called Myon to do some shopping for me.

 

"GOT IT, MIRI-AH! I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!!" I moved a little away from my Iphone as his voice rang through the room. "HOLD ON TILL I GET THERE, KAY?" And with that, he hung up.

 

I shook my head at his weirdness and got up to take a shower. Once I was finished, I quickly changed into more comfortable clothes and walked back downstairs when I heard a knock at my door.

 

"That was fast..." I muttered, opening the door. My eyes widened as I came face to face with some unexpected visitors.

 

"Miri-sshi, annyeong!" Suho greeted me with a polite smile. I stared at him and the rest of the members that stood behind him.

 

"Uhh...why is everyone...?..."

 

"We heard you were sick and came to visit." Chanyeol answered, smiling.

 

"I see." I said and moved aside so they could come in.

 

"Sorry for barging in unexpectedly." Chen apologized. I shook my head.

 

"It's fine. I was getting bored anyways." I grinned at him.

 

After we all settled in the living room, Tao walked towards me. I looked at him as he stopped in front of me. We haven't talked since the incident with Juree and to be honest, I missed him.

 

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked with concern laced in his voice as he tilted his head to the side cutely.

 

I wanted to glomp him and smother him with love right then and there. But since there were people here, I couldn't.

 

"Yeah." I smiled, hiding my disappointment. At that moment, I sneezed.

 

"Uggh...." I groaned and covered my face. "I take that back. I feel like crap."

 

They all laughed.

 

"I hate being sick..." I sniffed and sat down on an empty couch.

 

"Do you want us to go buy you something to eat?" Kris asked as he took a seat beside me.

 

"It's okay. I already have someone doing that for me. He'll be here soon. Thanks anyways."

 

I then started to cough. After my little coughing fit, I buried my face in a small pillow beside me, groaning.

 

"Miri-sshi, have you taken medicine yet?" Sehun asked me. I just shook my head.

 

"Do you have any?"

 

"Kitchen....top cabinet...bottom shelf..." I pointed to the kitchen, feeling too weak to get it myself. He nodded and left to get it for me. When he came back, he handed the two pills to me along with a glass of water.

 

"Thanks." I thanked him before swallowing the pills and drinking my water.

 

I let out a sigh and rested my head back on the couch.

 

"Where is your family, Miri-sshi?" Luhan asked curiously.

 

"Umma had something to do, but my brother should be here any time now." I answered.

 

"Ahh..."

 

"You have a really nice house." Xiumin told me. "It reminds me of my home."

 

I smiled at him. "Thank you! Now come here so I could pinch your cheeks! I'll feel better if you let me!"

 

He laughed and walked over to me so I could do so.

 

"You did the same thing when we first met." He laughed some more after letting me pinch him.

 

I pouted. "Don't judge me! Your cheeks are always so tempting! You're lucky Chaeri isn't here though. Her pinches are much worse."

 

"I don't doubt that." Kai grinned.

 

"Miri-sshi, you should dry your hair." D.O told me after noticing my wet hair. "You could get even more sick like that."

 

"Really?" I touched my hair.

 

He nodded and stood up. "Where are the towels?"

 

"In the bathroom over there." He nodded and left before coming back with a blue towel in his hand.

 

"Here. I got it." Kris said and took the towel from him. He put the towel on my head and started drying my hair for me.

 

I sat there.

 

"Y'know, you guys are acting like my big brother..." I voiced my thoughts.

 

"Does it bother you?" Lay asked.

 

I shook my head and smiled. "Nope. It's nice."

 

After Kris finished with my hair, my throat began to hurt.

 

I coughed, not liking the uncomfortable feeling in my throat.

 

"Ow...." I pressed my fingers against my throat.

 

"Do you have a sore throat?" Chen asked.

 

"I think..." I said, my voice strained. I coughed some more.

 

"You don't look so well..." Tao frowned, sitting down on my other side. "Here." He held the glass of water up for me to drink.

 

"Thanks. I can do it myself thou..."

 

"YAHH!!!!!"

 

My eyes widened and we all turned towards the entrance to see a very furious Myon along with the rest of his group members standing there, staring at us.

 

Myon instantly dropped the plastic bags in his hands and pointed to the other guy group. "WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING IN MY HOUSE ALONE WITH MIRI!?" He then spotted Tao and Kris, who were sitting on both sides of me, and growled.

 

"I WILL KILL YOU!!!" He yelled and ran to attack them. Luckily, HyunJ was there to hold him back.

 

"Idiot. Calm down." He told Myon with a blank face.

 

"Shut up, bastard! Can't you see I'm trying to destroy those s over there!?" Myon clawed at them, gaining scared looks from some of the Exo members.

 

I sighed deeply and stood up.

 

"Myon, calm down. They were just taking care of me." I sighed, feeling a headache coming on. "Can you be quiet? My head hurts."

 

He stopped and ran to hug me. "Sorry, Miri-ah." He pulled away and felt my forehead. His eyes widened. "Miri-ah, you need to rest! You have a high fever!"

 

"But, I'm hungry!" I whined.

 

"I'll wake you up later after I'm done cooking, okay? Go!"

 

I sneezed and just nodded.

 

"Oh, Myon. Try not to fight with HyunJ too much. Also, you better be nice to the others." I gave him a look before leaving to my room to get some sleep.

 

(3rd Person!)

 

"Alright! Let's make some ramen!" Myon exclaimed as he rolled up his sleeves.

 

"Exactly how much is some?" Wonho questioned, staring at the plastic bags full of ramen. "You bought way too much for one person."

 

"I was going to make ramen for us and Miri, but since we have...guests here, I'm going to have to make a lot for all of us." Myon glanced at the Exo boys before turning away.

 

"Can we help?" D.O asked Myon for all the Exo members. "We would like to help Miri-sshi get better too."

 

Myon eyed them all. He turned and tossed some of them aprons. "Get to work."

 

They all nodded.

 

"Sorry about him. He's not very friendly with any of Miri's guy friends. Don't take it personally." Yejun smiled apologetically.

 

"It's okay. We know." Kai said with a chuckle, tying the apron around himself.

 

While they were talking, Luhan quietly walked over to HyunJ, who was boiling water.

 

"...Hello..." Luhan greeted him with a smile. HyunJ glanced at him and politely dipped his head in acknowledgement as he tossed the uncooked ramen inside the big pot.

 

"Um....You're Jihan-sshi's brother, right?"

 

HyunJ simply nodded.

 

"I was just wondering if..." Luhan paused for a moment before blushing. "Ani! Nevermind! It's nothing!"

 

"Yes, she talks about you." HyunJ told him, as if reading his mind. "Too much for my ears to handle."

 

Luhan's blush deepened. "I-Is that so?" He scratched the back of his head, smiling to himself.

 

"Also, she likes you very much." HyunJ turned to him, a twinkle in his eyes. He was enjoying embarrassing his sister a bit too much.

 

Luhan's eyes widened. "Jeongmal?"

 

"Mm. Did you know that before she was famous, she used to stalk you on the internet and watch videos of you day and night?" HyunJ grinned at the shocked look on Luhan's face.

 

To his surprise, Luhan laughed.

 

"So, she's my number one fan, huh?" He chuckled while blushing.

 

HyunJ stared at him.

 

"Huh...I thought he'd be creeped out. This guy isn't so bad. Nice catch, sis." He thought and continued to focus on the task at hand.

 

Myon watched everyone busy themselves as they made different side dishes and walked over to HyunJ.

 

"Oi, peasant! You done yet?" Myon smirked, crossing his arms with a ladle in his hand.

 

HyunJ sent him a glare. "What did you call me?"

 

"You heard me, you peasant!" Myon exclaimed, pointing the ladle at HyunJ.

 

"You idiot. You're seriously asking for it." HyunJ turned to him fully, still glaring.

 

"Yah! No fighting!" Wonho shouted, standing between the two.

 

"Yeah! Don't fight!" JJ frowned at them. "Remember what Miri-noona said!"

 

Myon and HyunJ continued to glare at each other.

 

"Woah...are they really mad?" Baekhyun asked, freaked out.

 

Yejun shook his head. "No, this is just how they are with each other. Nothing serious."

 

"Do you want me to call Sooyun down here to get you two to stop?" Wonho asked, crossing his arms.

 

They both shuddered at the thought and shook their heads, going back to what they were doing before.

 

"How do you deal with that everyday?" Sehun asked Wonho, raising an eyebrow.

 

He just shrugged.

 

An hour later...

 

"Alright! Everything is done!" Myon cheered in an unmanly voice, getting weird looks from the Exo members. He turned to get Miri, but then bit his lip.

 

"Can one of you wake her up for me? I need the bathroom really bad!" He quickly asked and sprinted towards the bathroom. "IF ANY ONE OF YOU 'GUESTS' DO IT, I WILL SERIOUSLY MURDER YOU IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO HER!!!" He shouted before slamming the bathroom door shut.

 

It was quiet for a moment.

 

"I'll go wake her up." Lay said, a bit quickly. He then hurriedly ran up the stairs with Tao staring after him.

 

"Miri-sshi?" Lay called softly, opening the door to her room. There, he saw her resting in her bed. He walked over to her and stood beside her.

 

He stayed like that for a moment and sighed, looking at her.

 

"Why am I like this?" He asked himself. "Why did I have to fall for you?" He sat down beside Miri.

 

"I wish I could stop liking you." He murmured, resting his hand on her cheek. "But, it's impossible now..." He slowly leaned towards Miri's face.

 

He was about to kiss her lightly when suddenly, he was pulled back by the back of the collar of his shirt.

 

Tao pushed Lay away from Miri, causing him to stumble a bit.

 

"What were you about to do?" Tao asked, giving him a hard glare.

 

Lay looked at him. "You already know the answer to that."

 

Tao's frown deepened. "While she's asleep?"

 

"I'm at my limit." Lay told him then sighed. "I never wanted to fight with you or anything Tao. But, I just like her way too much to hold back now."

 

"I may be gentle in everyone's eyes, but when it comes to the girl I love, I'm a completely different person." Lay continued.

 

"So what are you planning on doing?" Tao questioned him.

 

Lay stood up straight. "I'm going to fight for her. Even if I have to fight you, I won't back down."

 

Tao stood his ground.

 

"Same goes for me. Prepare yourself because this is going to be a long fight."