Chapter 32

We Are GEMS!

"GUYS!!!"

I looked up from my phone to see HyunAe burst through the doors of our practice room with eyes as wide as plates. "THE MOST INCREDIBLE THING HAPPENED TO ME LAST NIGHT!!!"

I stood up from the floor with a raised eyebrow.

"You grew an inch taller?" Jihan said jokingly with a small smirk on her face.

HyunAe shot her a glare. "YAH! DON'T MAKE ME RELEASE MY CHINESE DRAGON WHOOP ON YOU JUST CAUSE YOU'RE TALLER THAN ME, JIHAN!" 

Jihan merely backed off, holding her hands up as if giving up.

I had to laugh at that.

Jihan was practically taller than everyone else in the group, followed closely by Hana, Suye, J-Kat, and Sooyun. HyunAe, Chaeri, and I were the three shorties of the group so we often got teased by our tall members.

Yeah...

It being short.

"What 'incredible thing' happened to you, unnie?" J-Kat asked curiously. HyunAe instantly became excited again.

"I MET MINHYUK!!!" She squealed. "I FREAKING MET KANG MINHYUK!" We all paused.

"....SERIOUSLY?" Chaeri questioned with wide eyes.

HyunAe nodded with a big grin.

"WHERE AT!?"

"MY FAMILY'S RESTAURANT! HE CAME THERE WITH HIS WHOLE GROUP! I SERVED THEM THEIR FOOD AND HE RECOGNIZED ME FROM OUR PERFORMANCE WHEN WE DEBUTED! I ALMOST DIED OF A HEART ATTACK!!" She exclaimed loudly. 

"Good for you, unnie!" Hana smiled at her.

"I'M SO HAPPY I COULD DIE!"

"Yah, no dying! We need you for the group!" Chaeri grinned widely.

"Guys." Sooyun got their attention and gave them a look. "We need to practice."

They all looked at her.

"DAE!!"


After a few hours of dance practice, we decided to head to the lounge for a well deserved break. It was almost empty, which made it easier to find good seats to rest at. Once we all settled down on one side of the lounge, we relaxed and began to eat our snacks. It was quiet for a good ten minutes until we were interuppted by someone I thought I'd never see here.

"Hi everyone!" Juree walked over to us wearing a simple short pink chiffon dress with white heels and a diamond necklace.

I stared at here, my eyes slightly wide.

What was she doing here?

I suddenly remembered our last meeting and watched her cautiously as she stood in front of us.

".....What are you doing here?" Chaeri asked her, not caring if she sounded rude. Juree simply smiled as if it didn't bother her.

"Oh, didn't you know? I work here!"

My fork slipped from my fingers and landed in my salad bowl.

She works here?

I mean, I know she's an idol too, but seriously?

Out of all entertainment companies, it had to be this one?

I inwardly sighed.

I feel a headache coming on...

".....You have got to be ting me." Chaeri murmured to herself, obviously not pleased with this.

"...I see..." Sooyun said without interest as she continued to eat her sandwich. 

"Well, I have to go to my interview now! Bye!~" Juree smiled and turned around before walking away.

"...I seriously don't like her." HyunAe frowned deeply.

"Yup." Chaeri agreed. "I don't see how you can like her, Miri."

I just sat there silently.

She looked at me. "Why are you so quiet?"

"Yeah. It's weird." Suye told me.

I opened my mouth to say something, but then stopped.

Should I tell them?

"What's wrong?" J-Kat asked me, now concerned.

"...It's nothing." I smiled at her and faked a yawn. "I'm just tired."

Acting classes must seriously be paying off since they all seemed to have bought my little lie.

"Chaeri-sshi!" 

Chaeri looked up, hearing her name being called, and paused.

"Hey." Yesung jogged up to us and smiled at her sweetly with the rest of Super Junior following behind him.

IT'S FREAKING SUPER JUNIOR!

"Hi!" Chaeri smiled back and quickly stood up from her seat. She looked over at the rest of s and waved at them. "Hey guys!"

Since when did she meet them!?

"Can I talk to you real quick?" Yesung asked her quietly. She nodded and he looked at us. "Sorry, I'm going to borrow her for a bit."

I immediately grinned. "It's okay."

"Take your time." Hana said, grinning aswell.

Yesung blushed slightly and gently took Chaeri's wrist.

"Get some!" I mouthed to her and she shot me a glare as her boyfriend pulled her away.

Ah!~

Young love!

It's too adorable!

After a moment of awkward silence, we all introduced each other and began chatting.

In the corner of my eye, I noticed Sooyun staring at something, or rather someone. I followed her line of sight and found her staring at none other than Lee Sungmin. Super Junior's aegyo king.

OHHH! I SEE!

I smiled widely and watched as they started talking to each other. I've never seen Sooyun act so shy before! It was so cute!

"Everyone is aware that those two are dating, right?" Jihan asked bluntly, catching everyone's attention.

"Yes." Kyuhyun answered, chuckling at her bluntness. 

"How did you find out?" Suye asked.

"Yesung brought Chaeri-sshi over to our dorm once and we instantly knew." Donghae told us.

"And we caught them kissing in the kitchen." Shindong grinned widely and we all laughed.

"Yah!" Yesung suddenly appeared with Chaeri. "What are you telling them!" He frowned, embarrassed, and lightly smacked Shindong's head.

"Nothing! I swear!" Shindong laughed and tried shielding himself from the turtle's attacks.

"Ah, we have to go now." Eunhyuk said suddenly. "Our manager just texted me. He's waiting for us outside."

"Alright." J-Kat smiled at them as they all got up. "Bye guys! It was nice meeting you all!"

"You too." Siwon said with a smile and began walking away.

"I'll call you later. Bye." Yesung told Chaeri before quickly pecking her forehead and ran off to catch up with the rest of s.

She smiled happily to herself and looked at us, only to notice that we were all staring at her. She raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

I slowly smirked at her.

"GET SOME!"