Chapter 19

We Are GEMS!

 (~Miri~ )

 

"Congratulations. The MV has reached over two million views."

 

I fell off of the living room couch in shock and quickly stood up.

 

"JEONGMAL!?!?!?" Chaeri and I exclaimed to Kyung with wide eyes. He nodded.

 

"But, it's only been two weeks!" Suye shouted.

 

"THIS IS JUST SO.....DAEBAK!!" Jihan spazzed with Sooyun.

 

"I can't believe we're getting this popular!" Hana squealed with HyunAe.

 

"Oh!! Look at the comments!!" J-Kat called, gesturing us to come over, her eyes never leaving the laptop.

 

We all walked over and stood behind her.

 

- THIS MV IS THE BEST!! OMG, I AM SO IN LOVE WITH GEMS!!!

 

- They are all so pretty!~

 

- I LOVE YOU, GEMS!!!

 

- KYA~ HyunAe is my bias!~

 

- Jihan!! <3 <3 <3 She's so talented~

 

- This song is awesome!!

 

- MIRI'S AEGYO. OH GOD. <3 <3

 

- GEMS!!! <3 <3 <3

 

"WE HAVE FANS!!!!" Chaeri squealed.

 

"THIS IS SO AWESOME!!" HyunAe bounced with joy.

 

"Calm down. There's something I need to tell you all." We all turned to Kyung. "A few days before your big debut on stage, you will all have your first mini performance at a local school."

 

"Really? Why?" Sooyun asked with excitement in her deep brown eyes.

 

"It will help you get used to performing for big crowds. Plus, you would get to meet some of your fans there and maybe give a few autographs."

 

Jihan nodded. "I see."

 

"Cool! I can't wait!" J-Kat said, smiling happily.

 

Just then, there was a knock at the door.

 

"I'll get it." Kyung said as he walked towards the entrance. When he opened the door, I tried peeking to see who it was, but couldn't since he was blocking the way.

 

I heard a chorus of greetings, which sounded oddly familiar to me, and I tip-toed to try and get a better view.

 

"What brings you all here?" Kyung asked in a tone mixed with surprise and curiousity.

 

"We want to ask GEMS if they would like to hang out with us today, if that's okay with you." Kyung paused.

 

"I don't think that's such a great idea. What if your fans catch you all together? Someone could get hurt."

 

"We promise we won't let anything happen to them. We'll protect them."

 

Kyung stood there for a moment, deep in thought, before letting out a sigh. "Alright. I'll trust you. Just remember to keep your promise." He opened the door widely, revealing all the members of Exo.

 

My eyes widened along with the other members of GEMS.

 

"Hello!" Chanyeol greeted us with a smile as they approached us.

 

"Do you guys want to hang out with us today? We already got permission from your manager and ours aswell." Suho said.

 

Chaeri and I glanced at eachother before looking back at the Exo members.

 

"....Sure..." Chaeri answered, somewhat amazed.

 

Chen smiled at us. "Awesome. Let's go!"

 

We then started following the group quietly, still processing what was happening at the moment.

 

"....Is this really happeing?" Suye asked Jihan. She simply nodded.

 

"Why is everyone so quiet?" Xiumin asked as he stopped walking and looked back at us, causing all of us to stop.

 

"Sorry." Sooyun apologized. "We're just...surprised and confused by your sudden invite."

 

"What's there to be confused about?" Kai asked with an eyebrow raised.

 

"Why you guys want to hang out with us." Hana said quietly.

 

"To be honest, we all thought it would be fun to hang out with you." D.O. smiled. "Also, some of our members has missed you girls." He smirked slightly at three other members in particular.

 

Tao coughed in his hand, a bit awkwardly while Luhan looked away with a red face and Sehun just stood there, staring at the wall.

 

"Shall we go now?" Kris laughed lightly at his fellow members.

 

We nodded and began to walk once again, but this time, without the awkward silence.

 

"Hey..." Tao greeted me as he slowed his pace so we were walking side by side. I looked up at him.

 

"Hi." I smiled.

 

"So, your foot's okay now?"

 

I nodded and happily skipped. "Yup! It's all healed!"

 

"That's good." He smiled back at me. I suppressed a blush and just nodded.

 

"Oh yeah, your MV was great."

 

My eyes widened a bit. "You watched it?"

 

Tao nodded. "Yeah. I really like the way you sing."

 

I looked away, feeling my face redden. "Thanks..." I muttered.

 

"So, this is where you guys wanted to take us?" I saw HyunAe ask Baekhyun as we all stopped in front of a grocery store.

 

He smiled widely. "We're gonna go grocery shopping for dinner. We wanted you to join us."

 

"Food?" I looked at Baekhyun with wide eyes. "We're gonna eat?"

 

"Yup."

 

I cheered. "Let's go! I'm hungry!!" I began tugging Tao's sleeve, pulling him through the door. He laughed.

 

"You really like food, huh?" I glanced at him with a serious look.

 

"Yes. Yes I do." He just continued to laugh and patted my head.

 

After we finished buying everything we needed, we all headed back to the apartment, chatting.

 

"I really liked your MV for Growl. It was awesome." I heard Suye say to Sehun, who thanked her with a small smile.

 

"I love the dance. I seriously must learn it." Jihan said, making Luhan look at her.

 

"I can teach you if you want." Luhan smiled. Jihan hid her blush and nodded.

 

I glanced at Tao and raised an eyebrow as he began taking out his phone.

 

"...Are you taking a selca?" I stiffled a giggle. He nodded and took a picture of himself, holding a plastic bag while doing a peace sign. He looked over at me for a moment then pulled me to him.

 

My eyes widened slightly as he put his arm around my shoulders. "Wha-"

 

"Smile." He cut me off. I looked forward to see his phone positioned in front of us.

 

He's taking a picture of us.....

 

I quickly smiled, a bit awkwardly, and copied Tao, making a peace sign. After taking the picture, we both separated.

 

I frowned at the tightening in my chest and shook my head.

 

Whenever I leave his side, it starts to hurt...

 

Just how deep is my love for this guy?

 

I sighed, not used to this feeling, and tried distracting myself by talking with J-Kat and Lay.

 

"OMO!! ISN'T THAT EXO!?!?" Looking off to the side, I spotted a group of girls whispering and pointing in our direction. My eyes widened and I quickly gripped the sleeve of the person next to me, which happened to be Chanyeol.

 

He glanced at me with curiousity that quickly changed to concern when he noticed the look on my face.

 

"What's wrong?" He asked. I gestured for him to lean down and whispered in his ear. "Look over there."

 

He did as I said and after realizing what I meant, his eyes widened.

 

"Kris." He called Kris, who looked back at us.

 

"We've been caught."

 

Kris glanced to the side. "Damn..." He stopped walking, causing all of us to stop.

 

"Everyone, hide your faces. We need to run home as quickly as possible."

 

Hana tilited her head. "Why?"

 

"Sasaeng fans..." Baekhyun sighed in slight irritation.

 

He's probably still mad about the whole incident that happened at his brother's wedding.

 

I couldn't blame him though.

 

Those sasaeng fans were just crazy penguin stalkers.

 

".......Let me kill just one." Chaeri cracked her knuckles. Jihan, Sooyun, and HyunAe just nodded, surprising me since they were usually the ones to stop Chaeri's violence.

 

This was how much they hated sasaeng fans.

 

It was seriously that bad.

 

"I'll help." Jihan crossed her arms, glaring at the group of screaming banshees.

 

"I'M GOING TO UNLEASH MY CHINESE DRAGON WHOOP ON THEM!!!" HyunAe exclaimed, getting into a stance.

 

"Calm down, guys." I said, trying to stay calm myself. "We can't start any violence. We're going to be idols, remember?"

 

Sooyun sighed deeply. "She's right. Forget them. Let's just get out of here."

 

Chaeri, Jihan, and HyunAe stood there and nodded reluctantly.

 

"KYAA!! OPPA!! IS THAT YOU??" The squealing girls started running towards us.

 

Oh god...

 

Just then, a jacket was thrown over me, shielding my face, and a hand grabbed my wrist, leading me away from the crazy fans.

 

After a while of running, we came to a stop, the squealing now gone.

 

I took the jacket off of me and saw Tao holding onto my wrist, wiping sweat from his forehead.

 

He protected me.

 

He looked back at me. "Are you hurt anywhere?" I shook my head.

 

"I'm fine. What about you?" I asked in concern.

 

He gave a small smile. "I'm okay."

 

I smiled back in relief and looked around, seeing everyone was with us.

 

"Is everyone alright?" Kris asked after catching his breathe.

 

We all nodded.

 

"The food is safe too!" Chaeri grinned, holding up the plastic bags she held in both hands.

 

"OH, THANK GOD!!!" Sooyun, HyunAe, and I cried, making everyone laugh.

 

"...Why do I have such crazy people as group members?" Jihan sighed.

 

"Haha! You gotta love them though!" Hana laughed, feeling the mood lighten up.

 

"Our group is so strange." Suye let out a small giggle.

 

"At least we're back at the apartment." J-Kat said, pointing at the building we stood in front of.

 

Exo watched us in a mix of surprise and amusement.

 

".....You guys are seriously different from most girls." Xiumin said.

 

Chaeri and I looked at eachother before looking back at him, wide smiles spread across our faces.

 

"YOU LOVE IT!!!"