Chapter 6

We Are GEMS!

Six months.

 

It's been six months since I've started training at S.M. Entertainment.

 

Truthfully, it's been really hard for me during the first few months.

 

Go to school, train for hours, go home, do homework, then finally sleep. To be honest, I felt like I barely slept at all. That's how my life has been over the months. But as time went by, I got used to it and managed to put up with it.

 

I'm happy to say that my skills have gotten a lot better since I started training. I was now able to sing with barely any problems at all and my dancing wasn't too bad either. I even learned a few things about acting!

 

Also, I advanced into the upper classes not long after I started. I've been told by a few teachers that I progressed faster than the other trainees and that I had a really good chance at debuting.

 

I was really hoping I would. Just five months ago, I graduated from school along with Jijoon, so I didn't really have to worry about my education, unless I wanted to go to university or something (which I put aside for now).

 

After graduation, Jijoon, Chaerin, and everyone else celebrated with me at a nice little resturant owned by Hyunae's father. We had all actually become really close friends over time and hung out with each other everyday, whenever we could.

 

Yeah.

 

Life was good.

 

"MIRI-AH!!!"

 

"Oof!" I glared up at my brother as he hugged me. "Pabo! Let go!"

 

Myon stared at me with tears in his eyes. "BUT, MIRI!! THAT STUPID HYUNJ IS BEING MEAN TO ME AGAIN!!! HE'S BEEN LIKE THAT EVER SINCE I BECAME A NEW MEMBER IN HIS GROUP!!!" He cried dramatically.

 

I stared at him blankly. "Not my problem."

 

"BUT!!!!" I took Myon off of me and started heading to the elevator.

 

"I have to get to class. Go to practice! You don't want HyunJ to yell at you for being late!" I said as he stared at me like he was going to cry.

 

"MIRI, YOU PABOOOO!!!!" He then ran off dramatically, in tears. I laughed a bit to myself as I got into the elevator and rode it to the fourth floor. He is such an idiot.

 

But, I love him.

 

Actually, Myon had recently became a new member in the group DM. Jijoon's brother, Jihyun (or his stage name, HyunJ), always seemed to be picking on Myon ever since he came to the group. Myon, being the idiot he is, always turns their petty arguments into World War 1 or something and comes to me in tears when he fails.

 

"Boy, do I feel sorry for their manager...." I thought, stepping out of the elevator.

 

"-believe it!!!" I looked to my right and saw Chaerin talking to Jijoon, rather excitedly. I walked up to them, catching their attention.

 

"What's up??" Chaerin glomped me.

 

"GUESS WHAT!!!!" She exclaimed, letting go of me. I raised an eyebrow.

 

"EXO IS COMING TO S.M. TOMORROW!!!" She squealed, jumping with joy. "I'M SO HAPPY!!! Especially Jijoon!~ She just LOVES her Luh-" Chaerin was cut-off when Jijoon put her hand over .

 

"Speak another word and I'll make your death look like an accident." She threatened and sent Chaerin a death glare. Chaerin just nodded slowly, a bit frightened as Jijoon removed her hand.

 

"Exo....you mean the group that sang that popular song 'Wolf'? Awesome!" I smiled. They both stared at me, expressionless.

 

"...That's it? 'Awesome'? AREN'T YOU IN LOVE WITH AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE Y BEASTS!?" Chaerin shouted, shaking me madly.

 

"BUT, I NEVER SAW THEM!! I ONLY HEARD THEIR MUSIC!!!!" I exclaimed dizzily.

 

Suddenly, the shaking stopped.

 

"....SERIOUSLY!?!?!?" Chaerin shouted loudly. I flinched and nodded.

 

"Guys, we seriously need to get to class." Jijoon then looked at Chaerin. "She'll see them eventually. Let's go now."

 

Chaerin nodded then looked at me with a grin. "Y'know, there's this one guy in Exo M who I think you would fall for!~" She sang as we started walking to our class. I gave her a weird look while Jijoon glanced at her knowingly.

 

"Who?" I asked. Chaerin smiled mischievously.

 

"Not telling!~" She then started to skip ahead of us. I pouted.

 

Now, I'm REALLY curious.

 

Who could she be talking about?

 

"Hey guys!" We all spotted Hyunae, Jiwoo, and Sooyun as we opened the door of our class.

 

Yup.

 

We all had a class together.

 

Insert happy squeal here.

 

I smiled, walking over to them along with Chaerin and Jijoon.

 

"Hi!" We then sat down together, forming a circle.

 

"So, what's up?" Jiwoo asked.

 

"Nothing much. We were just talking about Exo coming here tomorrow!~" Chaerin said happily.

 

"BWO? JEONGMAL!?" Sooyun started getting excited.

 

"YUP! My brother told me so!" Chaerin replied.

 

Chaerin's brother, Chunggi, was actually the leader of DM (I seriously thought it was HyunJ at first...) Then there was Wonho (Hyunae's brother), JJ (Sooyun's brother), and Yejun (Jiwoo's brother) as the other members. And now they had Myon.

 

I remember the time they found out I was a twin.

 

They saw me and Myon together once and then started freaking out, saying 'I see two Miri's!!!'.

 

Then Myon got mad and said that he didn't look like a girl. It was pretty hilarious actually.

 

"I wish Super Junior would come too!!" Chaerin said hopefully. Sooyun grinned at her.

 

"To see Yesung oppa, right?" Chaerin blushed at that then shot Sooyun a glare.

 

"Oh shush! What about you? Don't you want to see a certain aegyo king?" Now, it was Sooyun's turn to blush, making Chaerin laugh.

 

"I want to see Minhyuk oppa..." Hyunae said sadly.

 

"Missing your boyfriend?" Chaerin grinned. Hyunae's face turned red.

 

"H-he's not my boyfriend!!" Hyunae stuttered, covering her face. Aigoo..she's so cute.

 

"Well if Exo is coming, then Jijoon would get to see Luhan!" Chaerin grinned at Jijoon, who looked about ready to kill.

 

"Watch yourself, Choi Chae Rin." Jijoon said in a murderous tone. Hyunae laughed.

 

"Jiwoo would be lucky if Shinee came here. Then, she could see Taemin oppa!" Hyunae said as Jiwoo blushed and played with her hair.

 

"What about you, Miri? Do you have someone you like?" Sooyun asked.

 

I just sat there, looking lost. "Ani...I've never fallen in love before..."

 

They all stared at me.

 

"Jeongmal?" Jiwoo asked. I nodded.

 

"It's ok! Like I said before, there's someone who I think you'll fall for!" I glared at Chaerin.

 

"Tell me already!!" I said. She just shook her head and laughed.

 

Just then, the door opened, revealing our vocal teacher, Lee seonsangnim. "Alright. I have a special assignment for everyone." I looked at him in curiousity.

 

"Today, you will be singing in groups. Each group must have a total of six people only. This is the time where you put what I've taught you to work. For example, harmonizing. I will allow you to pick your members. After that, figure out what you're going to sing it. You have an hour to do this, then you will perform it here." I stared wide eyed at him before looking at the others in excitement.

 

"WHOO!! WE GET TO WORK TOGETHER!!" Hyunae said as we all got together. "So, what should sing?"

 

"Do you guys know 'Twinkle Twinkle' from Girl's Day?" Chaerin asked. Everyone nodded at this.

 

"Then, let's do that!" She said with excitement in her eyes. "There's five members in the group, but I'm sure we can make it work!"

 

"Let's do it!" Sooyun said, just as excited.

 

So for the past 30 minutes, we all practiced singing together, making sure everyone got a part in the song. We even decided to dance a little here and there! Another 30 minutes passed and it was finally time to perform for the class. It wasn't easy putting all this together in an hour, but we managed to do it. And we were ready.

 

After watching a few performances from other groups, it was our turn.

 

I walked up to the center with the group.

 

"Start." Lee seonsangnim said. We all nodded at him and faced the class.

 

(All:Black, Miri:Purple, Jijoon:Blue, Chaerin:Pink, Jiwoo:Green, Sooyun:Red, Hyunae:Orange)

 

Girl's Day~ Do you hear me? Listen~

Nae mareum jom deureobwa oppan jeongmal labbasseo~

Nae mameul wae humchyeosseo oppan jeongmal motdwaesseo~

Eojjeom eojjeom eoddeokamyeon nan joha~

Utjima utjima neomu meotjyeo nan molla!~

Hajima hajima ma-ma-ma-ma ma-ma-ma-ma,

Gajima gajima ma-ma-ma-ma ma-ma-ma-ma~

I love you~

Seuljjeokseuljjeok barabojima,

Banjjakbanjjak nae ipsul barabojima~

Johahaneun uri sai meoreojilgga bwa~

Meoreojilgga duryeowo!~

Hey boy you make me feel like weak girl~

Don't worry, baby now I'm falling love~ With you~

 

As we sang through the song, I noticed the amazed look we were getting from our teacher and inwardly cheered. I think we were doing really good!!

 

G-I-R-L! neomanui Lady~

D-A-Y oh! Nan neoui Medic~

G! (G) I! (I) R! (R) L! (L) This is a girl's day oooo-yeah!~

 

The whole class cheered as soon as we finished. We all looked at each other in amazement.

 

"Great job! Very good, girls!" Lee seonsangnim praised. "Your performance skills are great along with your vocals! Also, you work very well together!"

 

I smiled widely at that and looked at the group. We really did sing well together. I noticed that Chaerin was pulling the girls into a group hug and joined them, laughing.

 

It would be great if we could debut together...