Chapter 24

We Are GEMS!
"Miri.....Miri....MIRI!!!"
 
"Huh?" I turned around to face Chaeri as she stared at me with curious blue eyes. She crossed her arms.
 
"What's up with you? You've been spacing out lately." The others watched us from the sides as we both stood in the middle of our practice room.
 
"Nothing really. Just tired." I lied with a weak laugh.
 
Chaeri gave me a look. "Seriously, what's up? Are you sick?" 
 
I shook my head rapidly. "Ani! I'm fine!"
 
"Then, what is it?"
 
I bit my lip.
 
The reason why I've been spacing out was because...well...
 
Tao has been on my mind all day.
 
Ever since he asked me out, I've been thinking about him non stop. 
 
He's the first boyfriend I've ever had.
 
I still can't believe that I'm actually dating him. And that he even kisse-
 
My eyes widened at the sudden memory, making my face go bright red. Hana ran up to me.
 
"Unnie! Are you really sick? Your face is red!" She asked with worry and concern. I turned away quickly.
 
"I'm fine! I'm fine! Don't worry!" I picked up my jacket from the floor and headed towards the door. "I'll be right back!" Before they could ask any more questions, I quickly closed the door behind me and sighed.
 
There was no way I was gonna tell them.
 
Not now, at least.
 
I CANNOT IMAGINE THE EMBARRASSMENT THEY WILL PUT ME THROUGH ONCE THEY FIND OUT THOUGH...
 
SIGH......
 
I sat down on the floor and leaned my back against the wall as I took out my phone. I scrolled through my contacts list and stared at Tao's number.
 
Tao and I had actually exchanged numbers after he asked me out. I was quite happy.
 
"...........Should I call him?" I asked myself and kept staring, my thumb hovering over the 'Call' button. I shook my head.
 
"No, he might be busy....." I pouted as I held up my phone. I suddenly smiled. "I'll text him!"
 
Nodding to myself, I began to type.
 
"What'cha doing?"
 
I grinned as I sent the message and sat my phone in front of me, waiting for a reply.
 
A few minutes later, my phone vibrated.
 
"I just finished a photoshoot. What about you?"
 
Smiling, I picked it back up and replied.
 
"I'm taking a break from practice. So hungry..."
 
"Want to go out somewhere tonight?"
 
I raised an eyebrow questioningly.
 
"Where to??"
 
"Anywhere. We could stroll around for a bit and I can buy you some delicious food :)"
 
"Jinjja?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Promise?"
 
"I promise."
 
I grinned widely.
 
"Yay! :D Don't forget your promise!"
 
"K :) I'm going to go now. I'll see you till then."
 
"Alright! Bye!"
 
As soon as I finished sending my message, I got up and began to jump around happily, squealing a bit as I did so.
 
"Ah!~ I'm so happy!!" I smiled and suddenly stopped to stare at my stomach.
 
"....HOLY , I HAVE THE BUTTERFLIES!!! THEY'RE IN MY STOMACH!!!" I looked at my stomach in amazement. I laughed. "THAT WAS SO CORNY!"
 
".....Panda, what are you doing?"
 
Whipping around, I saw Chaeri and HyunAe standing a few meters away from me, staring at me weirdly. My eyes widened.
 
"....What are you doing?" I asked slowly. 
 
Chaeri gave me a look. "Really?" I just grinned at her.
 
"Yah, why are you acting so suspicious?" HyunAe eyed me.
 
"I'm not." I said lightly. I then grabbed both of their arms. "LET'S GO BACK TO PRACTICE, SHALL WE?"

 

"Miri-sshi!"
 
I looked up from the ground. My brown eyes lit up at the sight of Tao jogging towards me as I sat on a bench outside a small cafe in the streets of Apgujeong. I stood up and dusted the skirt of my white ruffled mini dress then pushed up my fake thick rimmed glasses.
 
Tao stopped infront of me, wiping his forehead. 
 
"Hey." He greeted. He wore a white graphic T-shirt, a black jacket, casual dark blue jeans, black Nikes, shades, and a grey beanie. 
 
I smiled back at him, playing with the hem of my long sleeve navy blue sweater. "Hi."
 
"Did you wait for me long?" He asked. I shook my head.
 
"No, I just got here a little while ago." I told him. He sighed a bit in relief. 
 
"Let's go then." Tao smiled at me. I nodded and we began walking down a street, side by side.
 
As we walked, I did my best to keep up with Tao because of his long legs and the crowds of people didn't make it any easier for me.
 
"Sorry...Excuse me...I need to get through..." I tried saying, but my words fell on deaf ears. I looked around for Tao, but he was no where in sight.
 
I tip-toed and frowned. I don't see him anywhere....
 
"Where did he go??" I thought in slight panick.
 
"Miri-sshi." I jumped in surprise when someone tapped my shoulder and turned around.
 
Tao sighed in relief. "I thought I lost you." 
 
"Sorry for worrying you..." I apologized. He shook his head with a light laugh.
 
"I guess I'm going to have to keep you by my side." Tao then took my hand in his, grinning at me. I stared at him with big eyes as my face turned red.
 
"Let's go." He pulled me close to him, slowly intertwining our fingers as we walked.
 
"CALM DOWN, MIRI." I mentally told myself as I clutched my chest with my other hand, trying to calm my beating heart. "JUST CALM DOWN..."
 
"Where do you want to go first?"
 
I looked up at Tao. "Oh, umm...." I looked around, before my eyes landed on something. I pointed to a small ramen shop not too far from where we stood and glanced back at Tao.
 
"Let's go there!" I said brightly. "You promised you'd buy me food, remember?"
 
Tao smiled slightly at me. "Alright."
 
After entering the shop, we both made our orders and sat down at a table as the waiters brought our food.
 
Tao removed his shades and beanie and set it on the table. I glanced at him questioningly.
 
"There's no one here, but us." He told me, as if reading my mind. I nodded in understanding and stared back down at my food, eagerly.
 
"It looks so good..." I drooled a bit, causing Tao to laugh. 
 
I then began to eat, not caring how un-lady like I looked as I did. I paused when I felt a stare and looked up slowly.
 
Tao was watching me with a wide smile as he leaned his head in his right hand. I raised an eyebrow and swallowed my food. "What?"
 
"Nothing. You just look cute right now." He told me, still smiling. I looked back down at me food, feeling embarrassed.
 
"Tao, I've wanted to ask you this for a while..." 
 
"What is it?" He asked curiously.
 
"Why.....do you like me?" I glanced up at him.
 
He paused for a moment.
 
"Because you're different." He told me. "You're the first person who ever moved my heart this much." He held the back of his neck, blushing a little.
 
I stared at him.
 
Then, I laughed. "You're blushing! Cute!" Tao covered his face quickly in embarrassment.
 
"Don't look at me..." He whined, still feeling embarrassed. I just grinned at him.
 
After we had finished eating, we walked around aimlessly under the night sky, hand in hand. 
 
"You really like your Gucci, huh?" I giggled as I watched Tao adjust the strap of his Gucci bag on his shoulder. He nodded unhesitantly with a smile.
 
Just then, we heard a ring. Tao whipped out his phone and checked it. A few moments later, he frowned. I raised an eyebrow.
 
"What is it?" I asked curiously. 
 
"Nothing." He said and smiled. "Sorry, can you wait here for a second? I need to make a call." 
 
I nodded slowly and watched as he walked off. I let out a small sigh and sat down on a near by bench as I waited for Tao to come back.
 
"Miri-sshi?" 
 
I looked up quickly, thinking it was Tao, but instead Lay stood in front of me. What was he doing here?
 
"What are you doing out here at night? It's dangerous." Lay said with worry.
 
He probably doesn't know about Tao and I yet...
 
"C'mon, I'll take you home." He said and gently grabbed my arm, pulling me from the bench.
 
"Wait!" Lay stopped and stared at me, confused.
 
"I'm....waiting for someone." I told him.
 
He raised an eyebrow. "Who?" I looked down.
 
"....A friend."
 
"One of your members?" He asked.
 
"Um......It's...." I hesitated.
 
"Miri-sshi."
 
We both turned to Tao, who stood not too far from us, his hands shoved in his pockets. He casually strode over to us and pulled me to him, making Lay release his grip on me.
 
"Sorry I took a while." He apologized to me. I shook my head. 
 
"It's fine."
 
"So, you were with Miri-sshi this whole time?" Lay asked slowly, staring at Tao with a look I couldn't describe. Tao simply nodded.
 
"...Can I speak with you for a second?" Before Tao could answer, Lay grabbed his arm then turned to me with a smile. "Wait for us, okay Miri-sshi?" 
 
I nodded and watched as Lay dragged Tao away.
 
(3rd Person!)
 
"We've been trying to get a hold of you all day and you've been out with Miri-sshi. Is there something going on between you two?" Lay questioned Tao as soon as they were out of ear shot.
 
Tao stared at him. ".....Yes." 
 
Lay frowned deeply. "....What is it exactly?"
 
Tao paused for a moment. "We're dating." Lay's eyes widened.
 
"Since when?"
 
Tao sighed. "Since her debut."
 
Lay clenched his fists. "You do realize how dangerous this is for Miri-sshi right? What do you think will happen to her if our fans found out?" 
 
"Nothing is going to happen because I'm going to protect her." Lay glared at Tao.
 
"Can you really say that with confidence? You're not always going to be with her at all times. You're an idol." 
 
"Even so, I'll find a way to protect her." Tao shoved his hands back in his pockets. "Are we done?"
 
Lay gritted his teeth. He has never felt so angry in his whole life before. He would let go of Miri if she really wanted to be with Tao, but if that meant her ending up getting hurt, then he wouldn't have it.
 
Lay stepped up to Tao, glaring at him. "Listen. You're one of my best friends. We've been together for a long time and I really care about you Tao. But, if you break your promise and something happens to Miri-sshi, I won't forgive you." 
 
Tao glared back at Lay. "Don't worry. I'll make sure nothing happens to her."
 
Lay stared at Tao then turned away. He glanced back at him. "Also, if you hurt her, I won't hold back."
 
Tao froze. "What do you mean?"
 
"I'm going to take Miri-sshi away from you." Lay looked straight ahead.
 
"Afterall, I do like her."