Chapter 5

We Are GEMS!

"You think she can do it?"

 

"No way!"

 

"In such a short amount of time?"

 

"This will be a good laugh."

 

"I can hear you, y'know..." I thought, preventing myself from glaring at the other trainees as they whispered amongst each other.

 

"Quiet down." Bae seonsangnim ordered, shutting them up.

 

I mentally smiled at that and walked to the center of the room.

 

I went through the movements in my head once more and got into the first position.

 

Then, the music started.

 

It had a fast beat, so I had to make my movements quick without looking sloppy.

 

As I danced through the song, I thought of something.

 

When I watched the others dance, it looked so good because the way they moved matched the music.

 

How were they able to do that?

 

I thought about it in mind for a moment before it clicked.

 

This song a bit powerful.

 

Then I noticed my dancing.

 

I'm dancing softer than they were.

 

I needed to put more power into my dancing to make it come out good.

 

So, I did.

 

My heart was beating so fast from the dancing and I couldn't help but smile.

 

This was so much fun!

 

When the song finally ended, I wiped my forehead and took deep breathes, trying to calm my beating heart.

 

Then, I heard an applause.

 

"Wow! She actually did it!!"

 

"Not bad!"

 

"She really is talented!"

 

"Good job." Bae seonsangnim took a step towards me. "Though you were stiff here and there, you were pretty good. Min Kyung truly has an eye for talent."

 

I smiled happily. "Thank you!"

 

After class, I attended a few other classes and finally, it was time for a break.

 

"YAY!! Let's go get a snack!" I said eagerly to Jijoon, jumping up and down.

 

She gave me a weird look. "How can you have so much energy in that tiny body of yours?"

 

I pouted. "I'M TALL!!"

 

She stared at me for a second, fists clenched. "I swear, use any more aegyo and I will punch you."

 

I laughed. "You don't like aegyo?" I asked as we headed to the lounge. She nodded. "Yes. And skinship. They give me the chills." She shuddered.

 

"I see." I then remembered something. "Oh yeah! I forgot to ask, but why are you keeping being a trainee here a secret?" Jijoon looked at me.

 

"I trust you, so I guess I could tell you." She said. "I have a brother that just debuted not too long ago in a group called 'DM' which stands for Diamond. They were instantly popular. The girls at our school adore them, especially my brother. I don't know why though, since he's a big pabo. Anyways, if word got out that I'm his sister, the bullying could get worse. So, that's why I'm hiding it." She explained.

 

So that's why.

 

"Jijoon-unnie, let's start hanging out at school! I'll protect you whenever you're in trouble!" I said with a grin.

 

"Thanks. I appreciate it. But, are you sure you can handle it? Y'know, being tiny and all." She teased, patting my head.

 

I glared at her. "YAH!!"

 

"JIJOON-AH!!!" A sudden voice caught our attention and we stopped walking to turn around.

 

It was a blonde girl with three other girls behind her. The blonde ran up to us and glomped Jijoon.

 

"I'VE MISSED YOU!!!" She cried. Jijoon stiffened.

 

"CHAERIN-UNNIE. SKINSHIP. GET OFF." Jijoon looked at the others. "HELP???"

 

"It's no use getting her off and you know that!~" A girl with short, dark brown hair sang.

 

"This is very amusing." The girl with long, dark brown hair said with a grin.

 

"Hey, who's that?" The last girl with curly, ebony hair asked, noticing me.

 

That's when they all looked at me.

 

"Hi! I'm Kyu Mi Ri!" I said and bowed.

 

The blonde, Chaerin, came up to me and smiled.

 

"I'm Choi Chae Rin!" She introduced herself.

 

"My name is Kim Hyun Ae!" The girl with short hair said.

 

"I'm Cho Sooyun." The long haired girl said politely.

 

The ebony haired girl smiled at me. "Hello! My name is Park Ji Woo!"

 

"Are you new here?" Hyunae asked curiously. I nodded.

 

"Yup! I was scouted two days ago! It's my first day here!" I said happily.

 

"Cool! Hey, let's all go get a snack! I'm hungry!" Chaerin said, rubbing her stomach.

 

After getting a few snacks from the vending machines, we all sat down on the velvet chairs that were placed on the right side of the lounge, near a window.

 

We sat there and chatted about various things.

 

I had learned that Chaerin and the others have been in S.M. for about 4 months now. Jijoon was here for 2 months.

 

I had also learned that all of their brothers were in the group that Jijoon mentioned earlier. DM.

 

We practically talked about everthing and anything. I was actually having a great time. I felt as if I could just be myself with them.

 

 After a while, we all got up to leave to our next class.

 

"See you later!" Hyunae waved at me and Jijoon as she left with the others.

 

Time passed and before I knew it, it was already time to go home.

 

"See you at school tomorrow, Jijoon-unnie!" I smiled and waved at her as she waved back.

 

"See you!" She then left to go find her brother.

 

I walked outside and looked around for Myon.

 

Where is that pabo?

 

"MIRI-AH!!!!!" I suddenly felt a huge weight on my back and looked behind me.

 

"Oppa, stop leaning on me! You're heavy!!" I said, frowning.

 

"BUT I'M TIRED!!! I DANCED SO MUCH THAT I CAN'T EVEN FEEL MY LEGS!!!! I THINK THEY'RE GONNA FALL OFF!!!" He complained.

 

I deadpanned at him and moved, causing him to stumble and face-plant into the ground. "YOU'RE SO MEAN!!!" He cried, looking up at me. I shrugged.

 

"Get up. People are staring." I said after noticing the odd looks we were getting from people. Myon huffed and sat on the ground, legs and arms crossed.

 

"NO!" He refused, turning away from me with a pout.

 

"Ok then. Bye!" I started walking away.

 

Step...

 

Step.....

 

Step.........

 

"WAIT FOR MEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

 

I mentally laughed.

 

I knew it.