Chapter 37: Final

We Are GEMS!

Tao wiped the sweat off his forehead as he and Lay dashed through a crowded sidewalk they were on, ignoring all the attention and loud greetings they were receiving from their fans while they hurriedly tried to get to their apartment. They had been running non-stop since they left the S.M. building, both desperately wanting to apologize to Miri as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, their fans were making it a bit difficult for them to do so.

"Yah! Isn't that Tao and Lay!?" They heard a young girl's voice behind them when they were forced to stop at a crosswalk due to traffic. Lay tapped his foot impatiently  as Tao stared at the traffic ahead and silently wished he truly had the ability to control time so he could get to his girlfriend faster. A sudden squeal erupted from another person behind them.

"Omo! It is! Eottoke!?" The two boys were suddenly surrounded by a group of excited fangirls.

"Oppa! Can I take a picture of you!?" The girls shouted as they closed in on them.

"Mianhae! We're busy at the moment!" Lay apologized with a small bow.

The group of girls pouted. "Awe! Just one picture!" They continued to beg. Tao bit his lip in frustration.

"Sorry!" He then grabbed Lay and pushed through the barrier of fangirls, succeeding to get past them in the process. Though, it didn't stop the delusional females from their crazy antics.

"Tao-oppa! Where are you two headed!?" One girl asked loudly. Tao inwardly scoffed. Fangirls tended to be nosy most of the time and he really disliked it.

"Tao! Let's go!" Tao's attention snapped towards Lay. He noticed the traffic had stopped and it was now okay to cross. He nodded and was about to run but a familiar figure crossing the street towards them caught his attention. 

Lay's eyes widened when he realized who it was. "Miri-sshi!"

(First Person Miri!)

"Miri-sshi!" I heard a familiar voice call my name and slowly lifted my eyes from the ground to see Tao and Lay straight ahead of me. I froze in my spot as guilt once again began to wash over me.

I completely ruined their friendship. It's my fault. Lay is hurt because I'm dating Tao. 

If I hadn't started liking Tao...

I slowly opened my mouth. "I'm sorry..."

Their eyes widened. They looked like they were about to say something but I quickly cut them off.

"I'm sorry for hurting you, Lay." I looked at Tao sadly. "I'm sorry for ruining your friendship with him."

I paused. I took a deep breathe as I held back my tears. 

"And I'm really sorry that I'm breaking up with you now."

I couldn't even believe my own words as soon as it left my mouth. I hesitantly glanced at Tao and instantly regretted what I had done.

Tao was frozen stiff. His eyes stared at me with a mixture of shock and hurt as he dropped his jaw slightly. It felt as if the world had stopped turning at this point. Lay was looking between us with with wide brown eyes.

I quickly turned around when I felt a tear escape my eye and began walking in the direction I had come from. 

"I'm sorry, but I had to make things right. So please, don't fight anymore." As I silently prayed, I didn't take notice of a big red truck that was speeding towards me. 

"OMO! THAT GIRL WILL GET HIT!" I heard a woman yell. Slowly, I looked up. When I saw the truck, it was already so close.

Why had my body stopped moving? I needed to get out of the way now.

"MIRI-SSHI!" Lay's voice filled my head. He sounded so terrified. 

Was I going to die?

Before I could register what was happening, I was on the ground with the weight of another person on my own body.

"Are you okay?" My eyes shot open and I looked to see Tao as he held onto me tightly. He winced in pain when he tried to move. I slowly looked and saw that the arm he used to protect my head had been cut deeply and was bleeding profusely. 

At that moment, I broke down.

"You're seriously asking if I'm okay?" I sat up and furiously wiped my tears away. "Look at you! You're hurt!"

Tao smiled at me gently. "This is nothing." I smacked his head.

I frowned deeply with tears in my eyes. "It's not nothing! It looks bad!" 

"MIRI-SSHI! TAO!" We both stopped and looked when Lay suddenly appeared beside us. "ARE YOU TWO OKAY!?"

"We're fine." Tao told him. Lay then saw Tao's injuries. 

He gasped. "Yah! You're hurt!" He looked at the crowd of people that was surrounding us. "Someone call for an ambulance!"

I let my hands fall into my lap and gripped the hem of my shirt.

"I'm so sorry that I caused all of this to happen." I apologized deeply to the two as I sniffed and wiped my tears.

They both just stared.

"Hey! Stop being sorry all the time!" I looked at Lay in surprise. "None of it was your fault. Including the fights between Tao and I."

"Yeah." Tao nodded his head in agreement. "We realized we were being childish after Chaeri knocked our door down and made us talk. We're the ones who are sorry."

"We don't like seeing you so sorry all the time so don't apologize anymore."

I sniffed again and slowly nodded. "Okay."

(At the hospital...)

"Does that hurt a lot?" I asked Tao sadly as I stared at his bandaged stomach. He had gotten a huge bruise on the side of his body when it slammed into the cemented ground earlier during the accident. I glanced at his bandaged arm. "And that?"

"A bit." He admitted and ruffled his hair.

"You should rest." Lay said worriedly.

"Eottoke?" I looked at him with worry. Suddenly, he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me towards him. Tao stared at me seriously. "Don't break up with me and I'll feel better."

My eyes widened. "Y-yah!" I glanced at Lay with concern. 

To my surprise, he smiled. "I want the girl I like to be happy. Also, I don't want to be the cause of your breakup. It makes me feel bad." He grinned before turning towards the door. "I'm gonna go see if the others arrived. Have a nice talk!" With that, we were left alone.

After a long silence, Tao gripped my waist tightly and looked up at me from his seat. "Will you stay with me?" 

I stared back at him before hugging him around his neck. "Yeah. I'll stay with you." I smiled slightly when he hugged me back with his one good arm.

"MIRI!" We both quickly pulled away from each other when the door was slammed open by Chaeri. She looked around the room before her blue eyes landed on me. She then burst out in tears.

"MIRI!!!" She shouted and glomped me. "I-I heard you were in an accident! I was scared to death!" She cried loudly into my shoulder.

I hugged her back tightly, feeling tears form into my own eyes once again. "I'm sorry for worrying you..." 

"MIRI!!!!!" Our whole group appeared in the room along with Kyung, the rest of the boys from Exo, the members of DM, and Yesung.

"YAH!" I was suddenly smacked on the head from Jihan. I pouted up at her and was surprised to see tears in her eyes as well. "I THOUGHT YOU WERE SERIOUSLY INJURED. OR WORSE, DEAD." She fought to keep her tears back as she shouted at me. 

"We all thought you were badly hurt..." HyunAe wiped her tears away with her hand.

"I'm so glad you're okay unnie." Hana sniffed.

"Where the hell is that truck driver!? I'll murder him for this." Sooyun gritted her teeth as a tear slipped from her eye. "I'M NOT CRYING DAMN IT!"

J-Kat laughed through her tears. "You kind of are."

"You're all making my eyes sweat." Suye frowned and wiped her eyes. "I'm leaving."

"JUST DON'T EVER SCARE US LIKE THAT AGAIN, ARASSEO!?" Jihan looked at me seriously. I nodded.

"Okay..." We all then hugged.

Silence......

"Okay, moment's over. GET OFF ME PEOPLE." Suye said, causing everyone to laugh.

"YAH! WHO TOUCHED ME AGAIN!?" Jihan moved away as she eyed us suspiciously. 

Sooyun pointed at our manager. "It was all Kyung." I snickered as I stared at the real culprit.

Chaeri looked back at me with a cat-like grin. "Told you he was a byuntae."

"WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?" Kyung looked up at the ceiling in complete despair. "IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?" 

Hana giggled. "Did he just pull a Jonghyun?"

J-Kat laughed and looked at her. "Sounds like it to me."

"HAJIMA!" HyunAe kneeled down while laughing. "I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER HERE!"

"So strange." Sehun laughed lightly at us. 

Chaeri turned her attention to him with a wide grin. "YOU LOVE IT!" 

"I know I do." Yesung grinned at her.

"Cue heart attack." She sighed dreamily and ran towards him. "Hey, beautiful." 

Yesung laughed in response. "Hello, cutie."

"EW! NO FLIRTING!" Hana made a grossed out face. 

"I agree." Chunggi narrowed his eyes at Yesung. "No flirting."

Chaeri just stuck her tongue out at her brother. "No fun!"

"M-Miri." We all looked at Myon who was being held back by Wonho. He had tears running down his face and a runny nose. He looked like he had been crying like there was no tomorrow. "C-can I hug you now?" 

I smiled and turned to him with open arms. At that second, he broke away from Wonho and gave me the biggest bear hug I had ever recieved from him. "OPPA WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU! I THOUGHT I LOST YOU! I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE OKAY!" He cried loudly into my shirt.

"EW! I GET IT! PLEASE GET OFF! DON'T WIPE YOUR SNOT ON MY SHIRT!"

"I really hate to interrupt, but DM's scheduled for an interview soon." DM's manager walked in and waved for the group to follow him. "Come on."

"I'll see you later, sis!" JJ smiled at Sooyun. She returned it with her own smile. "Bye."

Wonho ruffled HyunAe's hair, completely messing it. "Bye, shortie."

"YAH! I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT!" She huffed and tried to fix it.

"Bye, Jiwoo-ah." Yejun waved to his sister. "Tell Taemin I said hi."

J-Kat pouted with a small blush. "Yah!"

HyunJ stared at Jihan as she stared right back. After a moment, the two nodded and turned away from each other. Weird....

"Absolutely no flirting while I'm gone, arasseo?" Chunggi kept his eyes narrowed at Yesung and Chaeri. "I'M SERIOUS."

Myon let go of me and nodded. "Same goes for you!" He looked at me and frowned. 

I pouted. "No fun."

Chaeri laughed. "Bye, oppa!" She sang as they all left.

"Well, why don't we all go out for some lunch." Kyung suggested.

J-Kat looked at him curiously. "What about our photoshoot? We gotta be there soon."

He shrugged. "I figured you guys could use a break so I cleared your schedule for today."

"Jeongmal?" Hana exclaimed.

"You're the best, Kyung!" HyunAe cheered.

"I know." He said cooly.

Chaeri snorted at him. "Still a byuntae."

"YAH!"

"Still as weird as ever." Xiumin chuckled.

"The strangest group of girls." D.O. grinned.

"They're the best." Luhan smiled at Jihan.

"Your group really is the best." Tao appeared next to me with a small smile.

I smiled as he slipped his hand into mine. I held his hand tightly. "Hell yeah we are."


Thank you so much to those who stuck with me through this crappy story of mine.

I hope to hear from you all again soon.

Till next time.