Chapter 12

We Are GEMS!

"Will you be alright umma? Being alone in the house..." I asked my mother worriedly, my luggage in my hands.

 

A week has passed since the small incident with Sejung and today was the day I would be moving in the dorm room with GEMS.

 

I was really happy, but also worried for my mother.

 

I didn't want to leave her by herself in the house.

 

"I'll be fine!" She smiled at me, tucking a lock of her black hair behind her ear. "Your grandpa is coming over. He's going to stay here from now on, so don't worry and go."

 

I sighed in relief. "Alright then. I'll call you whenever I can!"

 

She just smiled and nodded.

 

After saying our goodbyes, I headed outside to Kyung, who was waiting for me in the van with the rest of the group. About 30 minutes passed, and we finally made it to our apartment.

 

I got off of the van, fixing my fringe.

 

"Woooow..." J-Kat gasped in awe as she stared at the building.

 

"Niiiiiice." Chaeri said and stared. I nodded in agreement, staring aswell.

 

"C'mon." Kyung gestured for us to follow him. "Your dorm is on the third floor."

 

"Uwah! This is awesome!!" Hana exclaimed excitedly as we walked inside the building. Suye nodded, a small smile on her face.

 

We rode the elevator and stepped out when it reached the third floor.

 

"Here it is." Kyung said, stopping infront of the fifth door on the right side.

 

Chaeri, HyunAe and I squealed happily while the rest of the group waited for him to open the door.

 

"Omo! It's huge!" Sooyun exclaimed in surprise, looking inside.

 

Chaeri snickered.

 

"That's what she sai-" She suddenly stopped when Kyung and Jihan shot her a look and laughed nervously.

 

"Ahaha..." She then ran inside, taking me with her. "LET'S TAKE A LOOK, SHALL WE?"

 

I laughed and explored the place with Chaeri.

 

"There are four bedrooms in all, so choose a roommate and share!" I heard Kyung say and turned to Jihan, who was admiring a painting on the wall.

 

"Unnie!" I strode over to her. "Wanna be my roommate??"

 

"No." She answered immediately, not even looking at me.

 

I pouted.

 

"WHY NOT?" I whined. She glanced at me with a small glare.

 

"I won't be able to handle you and your aegyo." She said simply.

 

"BUT I LOVE YOU!!!" She walked over to J-Kat, ignoring me.

 

"You're my roommate from now on." Jihan told her.

 

"K!~" J-Kat said happily.

 

"Saaaaad." Chaeri patted my back as I fake cried. "Hey, let's be roommates!"

 

"OK!" I said with a huge smile, already over it.

 

"Check this out!" Chaeri then led me to one of the rooms. "THIS ROOM HAS A BATHROOM!!"

 

My eyes widened. "LET'S CLAIM IT!!!"

 

She nodded quickly.

 

"THIS ROOM IS NOW PANDA AND KITTY'S TERRITORY!!" She shouted as we dumped our bags on the beds.

 

"NICE JOB KITTY!" I laughed, using her nickname.

 

"What are you guys shouting about?" Kyung asked, appearing at the doorway.

 

"HALT!" I exclaimed with my hands in front of me, causing him to stop. "THOU SHALL NOT PASS!!"

 

He looked at me then began walking away. "Never in my life had I met girls as strange as those two..."

 

"YOU LOVE IT!" We both shouted after him with big smiles.

 

After we unpacked and cleaned up, we walked into the living room to see everyone along with some hair stylists. I looked at Kyung questioningly.

 

“Did you forget that you have a recording session today?” He asked me with an eyebrow raised. My eyes widened in realization.

 

“Hehe….maybe.” I laughed sheepishly.

 

“Sit down here please.” One of the hair stylists said, placing a chair down in front of me. I nodded and did as I was told. I waited until she finished curling my hair and got up.

 

“There’s clothes you could choose from in that closet over there.” Kyung told me and pointed. “Hurry and change. We need to get there by 12:00 pm.”

 

I quickly nodded and walked over to the closet. I opened the door.

 

“…..THIS IS ONE BIIIIIIG CLOSET.” I thought with wide eyes and walked inside, staring at all the clothes.

 

“It’s like heaven!!” I said happily and grabbed a white over- sized floral sweater and some cute lace trim shorts along with a grey beanie. I walked out and saw a shelf with a wide selection of various shoes across from me. I stared and walked over to it.

 

“Like I said. Heaven.” I thought joyfully and picked out a pair of brown heeled boots. I left to my room, took a pair of white long socks from my dresser and hurriedly slipped everything on.

 

“You are seriously obsessed with sweaters.” I whipped around and saw Chaeri, already dressed.

 

“Well, you’re obsessed with pink.” I retorted, eyeing her clothing.

 

She was dressed in a light pink ruffled tank top, white floral print skinny jeans and a nice pair of pink heels with bows.

 

“Well, yeah.” She admitted with a grin then twirled around. “But it looks good on me, right?”

 

“Yeah.” I nodded with a smile. “Pink suits you.”

 

Chaeri cheered and grabbed my arm. “Let’s go!”

 

After we all got in the van, we left and arrived at the studio an hour later due to all the traffic.

 

I took a deep breathe as I got out of the van and looked up at the huge building.

 

This is it.

 

“This is gonna be the first time we record seriously…” Suye said nervously. I glanced at her and patted her back.

 

“It’s ok. We practiced a lot for this. Don’t be nervous.” I smiled. She looked at me then nodded, smiling a bit at me.

 

As we entered, we were approached by an older man with shades.

 

“Min Kyung! Good to see you again!” Kyung bowed to him.

 

“It’s good to see you again too, Daehyun-sshi.” The man, Daehyun, then turned to us.

 

“So, you girls must be GEMS?” He asked.

 

We all nodded and bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo!”

 

He bowed aswell and offered a friendly smile, which we returned.

 

We all then headed to his studio and sat down inside a recording booth, each of us in front of our own mic.

 

“Are you ready?” Daehyun asked from outside the booth, through a small mic once we finished some vocal exercises.

 

I took a quick sip of my water and gave him a thumbs up, putting on my headphones.

 

“Alright.”

 

I looked at the group and smiled. “Let’s do this!”

 

(Title: Brand New Start) -

 

The sun is shining especially bright today~

 

I’m ready! (Whoo!~) Nothing’s gonna take me down!~

 

We’re gonna win this! Don’t care if you’re in my way!

 

And I’ll say~ Ahahaha!~

 

Everyone’s with me, together like one family~

 

Let’s go! (Let’s go!)

 

We’re gonna reach towards our dreams!~

 

Oh ohh~ It’ll be very tough, but we’ll try harder than yesterday!~

 

(La, la! La, la!) We’ll sing with our very best!~

 

(Ha, ha! Ha, ha!) We’ll laugh it off and try again!~

 

(Na, na! Na, na!) Someday we’ll catch up to the rest!~

 

(It’s a! It’s a!) It’s a brand new start today!~

 

Hours passed and soon we finished recording half of our songs for our first album.

 

I slumped in my seat as I got in the van, feeling exhausted.

 

“My throat feels like it’s dying.” Chaeri muttered, holding .

 

I handed her some water, which she accepted gratefully.

 

“We still have to finish recording tomorrow…” Sooyun said, exhausted aswell.

 

“I’m going to sleep.” Hana said tiredly then knocked out along with HyunAe, Suye and J-Kat.

 

“Good job girls. You did great for your first time recording.” Kyung said as he drove the van.

 

“BUY ME ICE CREAM AS AN AWARD!” I exclaimed, getting up and leaning forward to the front.

 

“No. Now sit back down.” Kyung said. I pouted, but sat back down anyways, too tired to argue with him.

 

Once we made it back to the apartment, I immediately got off and ran towards the elevator.

 

“WHOO! YOU GUYS MADE IT!” I exclaimed with a grin as the whole group stepped inside the elevator, except for Kyung, who was taking his time walking.

 

I frowned. “YOU’RE SO SLOW KYUNG!!”

 

“Palli!!” HyunAe shouted.

 

Then, we heard music.

 

“OH YEAH! ELEVATOR MUSIC!! MY JAM!!” HyunAe exclaimed jokingly, starting to dance. We all laughed.

 

“Damn it! Don’t make me laugh! My throat still hurts!!” Chaeri said, trying to hold in her laughter as me, Hana, J-Kat and Sooyun broke out into a dance, leaving Suye and Jihan to stare at us as if we were insane.

 

Kyung noticed this then paused in his steps. He then sighed deeply when we were getting stares from people. “I don’t know them…”

 

“KYUNG!!! What are you waiting for!? PAL-“ Suddenly, the doors closed, cutting me off. “Oh…nevermind…”

 

“……I think our manager hates us.” Hana said.

 

Jihan sighed. “You guys are seriously insane.”

 

“THANK YOU!” I shouted, laughing.

 

We stepped out when we reached the third floor and stopped at our dorm room.

 

Sooyun paused. “Does anyone have the key?”

 

We all looked at eachother.

 

“Well…I feel dumb.” I said. “I should’ve asked for the key from Kyung…”

 

“You think?” Jihan looked at me, eyebrows raised.

 

I laughed sheepishly.

 

“Wait…do you hear that?” HyunAe asked.

 

“What?” J-Kat looked at her.

 

“Listen!”

 

We all stopped, hearing voices coming from the elevators.

 

Male voices.

 

I stared at the elevator as it began to open.

 

We all froze at what we saw.

 

“It’s them!!” Chaeri whispered to me, clutching my shirt.

 

I nodded slowly.

 

Exo.

 


 

Quick note. The song was written by me. Just thought I'd let you guys know! :) 

Anyways if you like my story, keep reading, subscribe, comment, whatever you want. I just wanna say I appreciate it all.

See you till next time!~

-PandaMiri*