Chapter 31

We Are GEMS!

 

A few days passed and I've managed to recover pretty quickly with the help of the Exo members and DM (who were all chased out of the house once Chaeri and the rest of my group came to visit me).

I was currently in front of the SM building, waiting for Tao.

Today, we decided to go on that date we talked about back when I was still in Japan.

I sported a casual grey short sleeved top, shades, dark blue skinny jeans, and a pair of white studded platform sneakers. My hair was up in a messy bun; a style I liked to use whenever I went out. 

When Tao arrived in his car, I quickly smoothed down my fringe and smiled, waving. I then hurriedly got in the car before any fans saw us.

"So, where are you taking me?" I asked curiously and buckled my seatbelt. 

"Where do you want to go?" He glanced at me, smiling as he drove. I thought for a moment.

"OH! Let's go watch that new horror movie that came out!" I bounced in my seat excitedly.

Tao stiffened. "Horror?"

I nodded then tilted my head. "What's the matter? You don't like horror movies?"

He quickly shook his head. "Ani! Let's go watch it."

I stared at him for a moment before grinning. "Alright."


 

I continued to eat my popcorn in my seat at the back as I watched the main character in the film scream bloody murder.

I sighed in boredom as she fell on the ground and continued to cry. 

"What the hell...." I grumbled. "They said this was the scariest movie of the year...." I frowned and sunk into my chair "What a rip off..."

"Ah....Get up....He's coming! AHH!" I turned and looked at Tao when he screamed. He was covering his eyes with his hands and shaking in his seat beside me. When he removed his hands from his face, I noticed a tear slide down his cheek and I instantly felt bad.

I put the popcorn down and stood up. I took his hand and quickly dragged him outside.

"Sorry that I made you watch this, Tao. Jeongmal mianhae." I apologized as he stood in front of me. "But you should've told me that you don't do well with scary movies."

He sniffed and rubbed his eye with his sleeve, pouting. "It's too embarrassing..." He covered his face with his hands. "Ahh, I'm really embarrassed. My girlfriend is more brave than me. I'm so uncool..."

I frowned and hugged him. "Ani. That's not true. You're the coolest." I looked up at him.

Tao looked down at me. "Jinjja?" 

I grinned and nodded. "Mhm!" He blushed slightly and looked around before kissing my forehead quickly.

I stared at him with big eyes and held my forehead as my cheeks turned red.

Tao just smiled at me and took my hand. "Kaja."

After two hours of walking and browsing various stores, Tao took me back to the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"You'll know when we get there." He smiled slightly, glancing at me.

I raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. 

After a long drive, we finally reached our destination.

"We're here." I looked outside the window to see that we were at the Muchangpo beach. We got out of the car.

"Why the beach?" I asked him curiously as I took off my shades. 

He smiled at me and took my hand. We began walking slowly towards the shore, hand in hand.

"I really love taking walks on the beach. It's really calming." He said to me, staring ahead at the ocean. "I usually come here whenever I'm upset or when I'm having a hard time." He told me, a serene look on his face. 

"I see." I looked up at him. "Do you usually walk alone?" 

Tao nodded. I tilted my head. "That seems a bit lonely, don't you think?"

He thought about it for a moment. "I guess. But, I feel like I can relax more when I'm alone."

"Wouldn't you want to have someone there to comfort you though?" I said thoughtfully. "Someone to listen to your troubles when you're upset or to tell you that it's okay when you're having a hard time. I think that would be nice." I smiled at him.

He looked back at me with a smile. "It would."

"So, who would you take here? Kris most likely?" I grinned and laughed lightly. Tao shook his head. "Ani."

Before I knew it, he had his long arms wrapped around my shoulders. He brought my body closer to his. "You." He whispered into my ear.

"You're the person I want to tell my troubles to and to tell me that it's okay." He leaned his forehead against my shoulder.

"It's you, Miri-ah." My heart felt like it was going to burst. 

"Although we may go through some hard times together, I'll hold onto you." He pulled back to look at me.

"Miri-ah, saranghae." He leaned down and kissed me fully on my lips right then and there. Without hesitation, I kissed him back, dropping my shades in the sand so I could grip the front of his shirt.

After a few moments, we pulled away. I stared at him lovingly.

"I love you too." He smiled widely at me and kissed me again. I smiled as he repeatively started pecking my lips. 

"Y-yah!" I laughed when he kissed my nose, my cheeks, and my forehead. 

"Ahh, eottoke? I can't stop." He grinned and continued to kiss my face. 

"Yah! I thought you were the innocent and shy one in your group!" I laughed, pulling away. 

"Not when it comes to the girl I love." He sang and leaned in to give me another kiss. I laughed again and got out of his hold.

"Okay! I can't handle all this cheesiness. I'm going home! Bye!" I turned around and pretended to leave.

"Ah! Mianhae! KAJIMA!" I laughed some more and turned around to see him running after me with wide eyes.

"Kidding." He pouted at me. I smiled at his cuteness and kissed his cheek as if apologizing.

"Ah! Isn't that Tao of Exo!?" A high pitched voice reached our ears. We both froze.

"No way! It couldn't be!" Another voice exclaimed.

"No, I'm sure it is!" The first voice whined.

"Why would he be here anyways? Especially with a girl?"

I stiffened and remembered I dropped my shades near the shore. 

"." I cussed in English, trying to hide my face. Tao pulled his hat down more and looked down at me. After noticing I didn't have my shades, he hugged me and buried my face in his chest. 

"I doubt that's Tao-oppa. He doesn't have a girlfriend, right?"

"I guess you're right..."

"Let's go."

We stood like that till we were sure they were gone then pulled away from each other.

"That was close." I muttered.

"Yeah. We should go before anyone else sees us." I just nodded and we both got back to the car and left. 

 


 

The next day was pretty busy.

My group and I went to interviews, recording sessions, dance practices, and photoshoots.

We were currently finishing up our last photoshoot when we ran into an unexpected person.

"Miri!" Juree smiled widely at me and stopped in front of us.

Chaeri and HyunAe instantly glared at her.

After that whole incident with her and Tao, I started comparing myself to her.

She's tall and beautiful. She also has nice skin and is very ladylike. Not to mention she's smart, nice, and talented.

Then there's me...

I felt small compared to her in all honesty. She's everything a guy would want. 

But the guy she wants is Tao.

My boyfriend.

"Hey..." I gave her a small smile. 

"Are you guys finished with your photoshoot?" She asked.

"About done." Jihan answered, eyeing her.

Juree smiled widely. "I see!"

"Juree-sshi! Break is over!"

She looked over her shoulder. "Dae!" She turned back to us, smiling. "Well, I need to go! Bye!" She bowed and left.

"Why does she have to be here?" HyunAe frowned.

"Unnie, be nice." I scolded her.

"But I don't like her!" She whined. Chaeri nodded in agreement.

"I don't like the either. There's something off about her."

"Guys, she's really nice." I told them. "There's nothing off about her."

"How could you still talk nicely about her? SHE WANTS THE MAN YOU LOVE! Doesn't that bother you?" Chaeri exclaimed. I sighed. 

"Yes. It does." I said truthfully. "But Tao doesn't like her like that."

"How do you know?"

I was quiet for a moment. 

Well, the truth would have to come out sooner or later, so...

"I'm dating him."

They all looked at me.

"I knew it."

I looked at them, freaked out.

"How did you know?"

"Because you are so obvious." Jihan dead-panned.

Hana nodded in agreement along with the others.

"WAIT! HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW ANY OF THIS!?" Chaeri yelled with wide eyes. "SINCE WHEN DID YOU TWO START DATING ANYWAYS!?"

"When we debuted...." I answered, looking at the floor.

"You probably didn't know because you were too busy going on dates with Yesung, right Chaeri?" Sooyun smirked at her.

Chaeri froze. "Um....uhh...."

"Oh, that's right. You two are dating." I said.

"HOW DID YOU KNOW!?" She asked with wide eyes.

"I saw you two holding hands back at SM." I told her with a grin.

"And because you're also very obvious." J-Kat smiled.

"..... you all." Chaeri frowned.

We laughed. "Love you too."

"I'll be right back. I need to go to the bathroom." I told them and quickly left. Actually, I didn't need it. It was just an excuse to get away from Chaeri before she bombarded me with questions about Tao and I. But then again, I would have to face her back at home. 

Sigh....

I entered the bathroom and was surprised when Juree came out of one of the stalls at the same time.

She smiled when she noticed me. I smiled back at her and went to the sink to look at myself in the mirror. Juree walked and stood next to me.

"Y'know, I've been wanting to ask you this for a while." She started as she checked her face in the mirror. "How do you know Exo?" I stiffened a little.

"We...met a few times before. That's all." 

"Oh. Are you close with any of the members?" She asked as she looked through her purse. 

"...Not really. Why?" I asked slowly.

"No reason!" She smiled and took out her red lipstick and applied it to her lips. "But, it's kind of strange."

I raised an eyebrow. "What is?"

"Saying you're not close with any of the members."

I glanced at her. "...Why is it strange?"

"Because I could've sworn I saw you yesterday with one of the members at the movie theaters." She continued to smile as she put her lipstick away and took out her mascara. "It looked like Tao."

I froze then laughed lightly. "It couldn't have been us! I was practicing at SM yesterday! And I'm sure Tao himself was busy."

"Oh! So I guess I thought wrong!" She put her stuff away. "Sorry!"

Juree smiled at me and moved to leave. But then, she stopped as she passed me.

"But y'know, I feel like that was really you two together. And it pisses me off." 

My eyes widened, noticing a change in her voice. I turned and saw her staring me down with piercing green eyes.

"I've loved Tao for a really long time. Probably longer than you. So, why would he be out on a date with you? It really pisses me off." 

I was so shocked at her sudden change of character that I couldn't say anything, but just stare.

"I'll just say it now." She flipped her hair and put a hand on her waist. "Tao will be mine. You heard me before, right? I love him. And there is not a man out there who wouldn't fall for me. Also if he really is dating you," Juree eyed me. "it wouldn't be much trouble taking him from you anyways." She smirked. 

"Well, I have to go now." She smiled at me. "Bye, Miri-sshi!"

And with that, she left.

I stood there, frozen.

I couldn't believe how right they were about her...

I couldn't believe that I actually wanted to be like her...

I bit my lip and sighed deeply.

What do I do?