Chapter 20

We Are GEMS!

(3rd Person!)

 

"I can't believe I'm in their dorm..." Miri thought in slight amazement as she stepped inside of Exo's dorm room along with the other GEMS members.

 

"Make yourselves at home!" Lay smiled at the girls and took the two plastic bags Chaeri held. "I'll start cooking."

 

D.O. rolled up his sleeves. "I'll help." He said and walked over to Lay.

 

"Can I help too?" They both looked at Sooyun.

 

"You like to cook?" Lay asked her. Sooyun smiled.

 

"Yes. It's one of my hobbies actually." She told them.

 

"Sure. C'mon." D.O. said then led her to the kitchen with Lay following along.

 

"YAY! UMMA'S GONNA COOK!" Hana cheered happily.

 

"She's the umma in your group?" Kai asked with a chuckle.

 

Suye nodded. "Yup."

 

"I can't wait for the food to be done!~" J-Kat said excitedly. "Umma's food is the best!"

 

"I just can't wait to eat! I'm hungry!" Miri said and rubbed her stomach. Jihan threw the brunette a look.

 

"When are you not hungry?" Miri just stuck her tongue out at her in response and skipped towards the couch before sitting down.

 

"Oh yeah." HyunAe looked at Chen. "Where's your manager?"

 

"He left earlier to S.M. for a meeting." He answered.

 

"I see." HyunAe nodded.

 

"So, you want to show us the dance to Growl?" Chaeri asked the boys.

 

"Sure." Suho said and stretched a little. Luhan copied him.

 

"I promised Jihan-sshi I would teach her anyways." He smiled at said person, making her turn a bit red.

 

Miri watched as the boys started to teach her members the dance steps in the middle of the living room, but her attention was mostly on four members in particular. She found it cute how Sehun would give Suye the smallest of smiles whenever she stumbled over her feet and how Luhan would cheer for Jihan when she succeeded in learning a part in the dance, making her get shy around him. Even the other members of GEMS and Exo had noticed the little exchanges between the two pairs and openly teased them, only to be glared at by Sehun and Jihan while Suye and Luhan shied away.

 

About thirty minutes passed and everyone was now sitting on the couches, chatting while they waited for the food to be done.

 

"Something smells good." Chaeri said as she sat up from the floor.

 

"What are they making?" HyunAe asked to no one in particular.

 

"I'm gonna check it out." Miri said as she got up and walked over to the kitchen.

 

"Umma!~" Miri skipped to Sooyun and looked over her shoulder. "What are you making?"

 

"Bulgogi." Sooyun answered with a smile. Miri's eyes widened with delight.

 

"Really? Yay!!" She cheered. "Is it done yet???" Sooyun shook her head.

 

"Almost."

 

Miri pouted, but said nothing and decided to just see what the others were making. She strode over to D.O. and Lay with a wide smile.

 

"What are you two making?" She tried tip-toeing to look over their shoulders, but failed.

 

"Kimchi and samgyeopsal." Lay told her.

 

"Waaah~ Looks good! You guys are awesome at cooking!" Miri complimented them. D.O. thanked her while Lay scratched the back of his neck, a bit embarrassed.

 

"You don't think this a girly thing for a guy to do?" Miri shook her head rapidly.

 

"Not at all! To be honest, I find it very attractive! Also, I would like to have a boyfriend one day that would cook delicious meals for me everyday!" Miri smiled at him.

 

Lay blushed a little. "Is that so?"

 

"Mhm!" She nodded.

 

Just then, Tao walked in the kitchen with a smile on his face, though on the inside, he felt a bit annoyed. He had heard what Miri had said just a few seconds ago and had seen the small blush that made it's way on Lay's face when Miri smiled at him.

 

He didn't know why he had this sudden uncomfortable feeling after that. He tried brushing it off, but when he saw those two together, the irritation just came flooding back.

 

"Miri-sshi." Miri looked at Tao with a raised eyebrow, noticing his change in tone.

 

"Yes?" She stared at him, questioningly.

 

He forced a smile, making Miri become slightly worried.

 

"We're picking a movie to watch. Come join us." He said and took her wrist.

 

"O-Okay..." And with that, Tao dragged Miri away from an amused D.O. and a slightly disappointed Lay.

 

"...I think Tao likes Miri-sshi." D.O. said with a small smile. Lay looked at him with wide eyes.

 

"Tao likes Miri-sshi?" He asked in shock. D.O. nodded.

 

"I'm pretty sure he does. Have you noticed how he acts when he's around her?"

 

Sooyun turned to them. "I have." They both looked at her.

 

"Tao definently likes my daughter and I know for a fact that she likes him back, so I'm just waiting to see when those two will finally get together." The boys stared at her in shock.

 

"Miri-sshi likes Tao?" Lay questioned. Sooyun nodded her head as she continued to cook.

 

He let out a small sad sigh, making D.O. turn to him.

 

"What's wrong? Don't tell me you like Miri-sshi too?" D.O. joked. Lay froze.

 

Sooyun saw this and stared at him, her eyes as wide as plates.

 

"YOU DO!?!?" Sooyun exclaimed. Lay pressed his finger to his lips, trying to get Sooyun to quiet down.

 

"DON'T SHUSH ME!! SINCE WHEN DID THIS START!?" Sooyun crossed her arms and D.O. stared at Lay, waiting for an answer aswell.

 

Lay sighed deeply and held the back of his neck. "...Honestly, when I first saw her, I was a bit interested and...well....my feelings started growing from there..."

 

Sooyun bit her lip. "I don't know whether to think this is cute or bad."

 

"But I can say this." They both stared at Lay. "I don't care whether she likes Tao or not. I'm going to do my best."

 

20 Minutes Later...

 

Exo and GEMS were currently in the middle of watching an American horror film, One Missed Call, with Korean subtitles after they had all finished eating. J-Kat and Sooyun were hugging eachother as they watched in fear, Hana was laughing at it all and gained weird looks from everyone, Chaeri was using Kris as a shield whenever something scary would pop up, Suye was shaking and was being comforted by Sehun, and Jihan was watching with wide eyes as she gripped the sleeve of Luhan's shirt while he tried to calm her down.

 

Miri, however, was not easily scared by this and even found it boring. She closed her eyes and began to nod off, swaying left and right from her spot on the ground. Tao and Lay, who were sitting on each side of her, were watching her closely, preparing to catch her if she fell backwards.

 

Slowly, Miri began swaying in Lay's direction and eventually fell on him, her head on his shoulder. Lay smiled slightly, feeling a bit victorious and moved to wrap his arm around her.

 

Tao glared at Lay and caught his arm. "What are you doing?"

 

Lay looked back at Tao in slight annoyance. "I'm just gonna hold her. I don't want her to fall and hurt herself."

 

Tao stared at him with disapproval and reached out for Miri, gently bringing her to his side. "I'll do it."

 

"No, it's fine. I got it." Lay tried to take her back, but Tao stopped him with his free hand.

 

"I said I'll do it."

 

Lay glared slightly at Tao. "Seriously, I can do it."

 

"I already said that I'll-"

 

"Mmm...." Miri stirred in her sleep, making the two look at her then back at eachother.

 

"Shh. You're waking her up." Tao whispered to him harshly.

 

"Me? I think you mean y-"

 

"That's enough boys." Chaeri cut in and gently took Miri from the two. She placed a pillow on the ground and slowly laid Miri down, covering her with a thick black blanket.

 

She shot Tao and Lay a possessive look. "My panda. Touch her and I cut off your.....boyhood."

 

The two shuddered and for the rest of the night, neither of them said a thing.