Chapter 17

We Are GEMS!

"FINALLY!! I CAN DANCE AGAIN!!!" I exclaimed joyfully as I jumped up and down in the lounge of S.M. Entertainment.

 

I waited a whole week for this!!

 

I CAN NO LONGER CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!!

 

"Yah! Calm down!" HyunAe scolded me.

 

"NO. I WANT TO DANCE NOW. LET'S GO, LET'S GO, LET'S GO, LET'S GOOO!!!!!" I continued to run around in circles, recieving many weird looks from the other trainees. LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU PENGUINS!!! LET ME BE MY STRANGE SELF!!!

 

"CALM YOURSELF, PANDA. WE STILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR SUYE AND HANA. THEY’RE STILL IN SCHOOL." Chaeri smacked my head, making me cry out in pain. I shot her a glare.

 

"." I said, still glaring.

 

"." She shot back.

 

"Touche." We both said before bursting out in laughter.

 

"Stop cussing, you two." Sooyun said in a motherly tone, glaring at us.

 

We both shrank and nodded, making J-Kat giggle.

 

"I'm going to get some bubble tea..." Jihan said, getting up from her seat and walked away. I inwardly grinned, knowing that she just wanted to get away from our craziness.

 

Well played, Jihan, well played.

 

BUT YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THIS!!!

 

"OOH! I WANT TO GO TOO!!" HyunAe exclaimed happily and followed after her.

 

(First Person Jihan!)

 

"I swear, those two are complete idiots..." I muttered as I walked outside, heading towards the small bubble tea shop that was close by with HyunAe beside me.

 

She laughed. "They're still not as bad as Myon though!"

 

I glanced over at her with a thoughtful look.

 

"True..." I nodded, remembering all the times Miri's twin would glomp and snuggle me whenever he had the chance to and the times where he would profess his love for me in front of people.

 

I mentally shivered and immediately pushed the thoughts away.

 

It's not that I didn't like him.

 

It's just that I didn't feel the same way he felt about me.

 

Though, he really needs to learn what personal space is...

 

"That boy seriously needs a leash." I thought with a sigh.

 

Once we reached our destination, we entered the shop to come across something....very....very....unexpected.

 

There sitting not too far away from us, was Luhan and Sehun. They were both wearing hoodies and shades to hide their identites. How did I know that it was them?

 

Simple. I just knew.

 

I've obsessed over Exo for nearly my whole life, so it's not very hard to spot the members, even when in disguise.

 

"Aren't those two....?" HyunAe asked me, frozen in shock. I looked at her. So, she noticed too.

 

I nodded slowly.

 

"What should we do?" She whispered in panic.

 

That was a good question.

 

What exactly should we do?

 

I know Kyung said not to bother them, but this was too good of a opportunity, especially since no one else was here but us.

 

I inwardly groaned in frustration. Gah....

 

"Let's just get our bubble tea and leave." I muttered with a disappointed sigh.

 

To be honest, I really wanted to talk to Luhan...

 

But, I knew I shouldn't.

 

Besides, I doubt he would actually want to....

 

HyunAe nodded and followed me up to the counter, a look of slight disappointed on her face.

 

After ordering and paying for our bubble teas, we walked over to a table, a bit far from the two Exo members, and sat down as we waited for our tea.

 

"Jihan-sshi? HyunAe-sshi?" My eyes widened at the familiar voice and we both looked up to see Luhan, staring down at us curiously.

 

S-Since when did he....??

 

"...Ah...." I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing would come out. I mentally smacked myself. GET IT TOGETHER, JIHAN!

 

Luhan broke out into a smile while we continued to stare at him in shock.

 

"Sehun-ah! I was right! It is them!" Luhan called over to Sehun, who just crossed his arms, glaring at us a bit as he walked up to Luhan and stood by his side.

 

He's always glaring at us for some reason...

 

"Probably thinks we're crazy fangirls..." I thought, feeling a bit offended. I am most certainly not one of those...those...delusional banshees.

 

Or he could possibly be jealous...

 

Ahh...

 

The Hunhan.

 

"We haven't actually talked before have we?" Luhan laughed lightly.

 

I just nodded.

 

"Excuse me, your order is ready!" The man from behind the counter called to HyunAe and I.

 

We both got up and walked to the counter, taking our cups.

 

I turned to Luhan and Sehun.

 

"Sorry, but we have to go." I smiled apologetically.

 

"Are you heading back to S.M.?" Luhan asked.

 

HyunAe nodded. "Yup."

 

"Great! We are too!" He smiled widely. "Let's all go together!"

 

"What if someone catches us with them? That could be troublesome." Sehun spoke for the first time.

 

"Don't worry! We'll be fine! Let's go!" My eyes widened when Luhan suddenly grabbed my wrist gently and began pulling me through the door with the other two following.

 

H-HE'S........

 

I felt my face redden and I quickly looked back at HyunAe for help.

 

All she did was grin at me and continued to walk beside Sehun.

 

I glared at her, knowing she was inwardly laughing at me.

 

Damn you, Kim Hyun Ae....

 

(First Person Suye!)

 

“Hey, look!” Hana stopped walking and pointed across the street. “It’s Jihan unnie and HyunAe unnie!”

 

She paused and stared for a moment. Her eyes widened.

 

“Omo! Aren’t those two Luhan and Sehun?”

 

I froze at the mention of Sehun and looked up.

 

“Woah….” I couldn’t believe it.

 

Sehun was right there.

 

“Awe! Look! Luhan is holding Jihan’s hand!” Hana squealed. “It’s so cute!!”

 

I smiled. It was. But it seemed like Jihan was the only one who noticed it because her face was very red. Everyone else was oblivious.

 

“Let’s go!” Hana grabbed my arm. I looked at her in panic.

 

“W-Wait!!!”

 

“UNNIES!” Too late….

 

They all stopped and looked at us as Hana ran towards them, dragging me with her.

 

“You guys just got off of school?” HyunAe asked.

 

“Yeah!” Hana said while I just nodded silently.

 

Feeling a stare, I looked up and was surprised to see that Sehun was the one staring at me.

 

“Uh….” I quickly shifted my eyes to the ground.

 

“Hand…” We all looked at Jihan.

 

“What?” Luhan was confused.

 

“Your hand…” She repeated quietly, looking away.

 

He looked down and saw his hand holding her own. Luhan blushed slightly and let go, muttering a small ‘sorry’ as he did so.

 

“Shall we all go?” HyunAe suggested, trying to get rid of the awkwardness. We all nodded and continued down the path that led to S.M. Entertainment.

 

“Talk to him.” Hana whispered to me, pointing at Sehun, who was in front of us. I looked at her with wide eyes.

 

“No!” I whispered back.

 

“C’mon! I know you like him!”

 

“W-WHO SAID-“ I was cut-off when Hana suddenly pushed me, making me bump into Sehun’s back. I quickly looked back at her as she grinned evilly at me.

 

“You can thank me later!” She ran to HyunAe’s side before I could say anything.

 

“HANA!!! WHY!?” I mentally cried.

 

I turned back to Sehun as he stared at me, a bit curiously.

 

“I-I’m sorry!” I apologized.

 

He stared for a moment longer then shook his head. “It’s fine.”

 

I stood there, staring at the ground.

 

THAT WAS SO EMBARRASSING!!!

 

“Hey.” I looked back up at him. Sehun pointed ahead of us. “They’re all leaving. Let’s go.”

 

My eyes widened and I nodded.

 

As we walked, I kept staring at the ground, not daring to make eye contact with him.

 

“You’re quiet.” Sehun stated suddenly. “Why?”

 

I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt. “Sorry…I’m just like this…” I hesitantly glanced up at him.

 

He was staring at me.

 

Again…

 

“You should open up more.” Sehun said, looking up at the sky. “You’re gonna be an idol, aren’t you?”

 

I paused in my steps, causing him to stop aswell.

 

He was right.

 

I couldn’t keep being the way I am if I was going to be an idol.

 

I needed to be someone everyone could look up to.

 

I needed to be stronger.

 

I slowly looked at Sehun, a wide smile spread across my face.

 

“That’s right. Thanks for reminding me.”

 

He stared, a bit surprised. His eyes softened and he patted my head.

 

“Let’s go.”

 


(First Person Miri!)

 

“THERE YOU GUYS ARE!!” I shouted as Jihan, HyunAe, Hana, and Suye walked into the building. “LET’S G-“

 

I stopped as Luhan and Sehun walked in after them.

 

“Well, it was nice talking with you all. Bye.” Luhan said with a smile, though it was mostly directed to Jihan.

 

“Bye.” Sehun waved to Suye as he walked away with Luhan.

 

As I stared at the four, I noticed something.

 

Jihan and Suye’s faces were as red as tomatoes and HyunAe and Hana were grinning at them like they had just accomplished something.

 

“…...WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED?” Chaeri voiced my thoughts.

 

“…….Nothing.” Jihan muttered.

 

“Uhuh….” Sooyun said, unconvinced.

 

“Can we talk about this later? We have practice to do.” Suye said with a loud voice, surprising us.

 

Okay, wow…..

 

WHAT THE HAPPENED!?!?

 

“She’s right. We should go practice now.” J-Kat said. “We only have a couple of more days till we film the MV, remember?”

 

My eyes widened.

 

That’s right….

 

I forgot….

 

We don’t have much time…

 

“RIGHT!” Chaeri exclaimed. “GEMS!”

 

We all looked at her.

 

“LET’S ALL WORK HARD, OKAY?”

 

We all smiled and nodded.

 

“Hana, dul, set!” HyunAe counted as we gathered together.

 

“GEMS FIGHTING!!!”