Chapter 33

We Are GEMS!

Hello! Hello! Hello, I am waiting!~

To hear your voice to answer my heart!~

Don't you dare try to hang up and leave me!~

Baby don't go away! Just come to me and say...

"HELLO!" I sang along with my group members as we listened to our song on the CD player.

Ever since we performed our song "Hello!" from our first Japanese album at Inkigayo, we've gained more popularity throughout the world. 

Popular to the point where there were hordes of fans waiting for our arrival at SM....

Or actually, anywhere we went. There were fans waiting to meet us.

Yeah. You could say it was a big success. 

And I am very happy about that.

"I have the urge to run out there and hug our fans..." Chaeri said as she stared out the window of our practice room and at the crowd of fans who were all sitting outside, holding signs with our names on them.

"Me too. And dance with them." I told her in a serious tone as I stared at them with her.

"Weirdos." Hana giggled.

I just shrugged.

"Oh. Miri." I looked at Chaeri. "Have you heard what our fans call themselves?"

I tilted my head before shaking it.

She smiled. "Jewels."

"That's pretty." Suye said. "But, it sounds kind of girly for our male fans." I nodded in agreement.

"...Should we come up with one for them?" HyunAe asked.

Chaeri nodded and started to think.

"...I've got nothing..." Suye broke the silence after a while.

"Same here..." Sooyun said with a sigh.

"Wait...." I paused and they all looked at me. "I GOT IT."

"Really? What is it?" J-Kat asked curiously.

"SPARKLERS."

It took a moment for it to sink in. Then finally....

"HAHAHA!! SPARKLERS!!!" Chaeri clutched her stomach.

"W-What?" Hana laughed. "How did you come up with that!?"

"Well, gems sparkle. Sparklers. Get it?"

Chaeri laughed harder. "IT HURTSS!!" She fell to the ground and started rolling around. Heh. That rhymed.

"SHE'S ROLLING LIKE A BUFFALO!!!" HyunAe exclaimed and pointed at the blonde. Chaeri's laughter only increased.

"Only you would come up with something like that Miri." Jihan chuckled. I simply grinned at her.

"MIRI-AH!!!!" We all turned to see Myon burst through the doors. He looked around wildly before his eyes landed on me.

Before I had time to do anything, I was carried out the door and away from my shocked group members.


"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT?" I exclaimed and crossed my arms as I stared at my twin brother.

"I'M SORRY! I JUST HAVE A BIG FAVOR TO ASK YOU!" I paused.

"...What is it?" I raised an eyebrow at him. I watched as he moved in front of me and held onto my shoulders.

"PLEASE PRETEND TO BE ME FOR TODAY!"

".......Later." I was about to leave, but Myon glomped me, preventing me from doing so.

"PLEAAASEEE!!! SWITCH PLACES WITH ME!!! JUST FOR TODAY!!!!" He cried.

"WHY!?"

"BECAUSE I WANT TO BE CLOSER TO JIHAN-NOONA!" I smacked his head.

"ARE YOU AN IDIOT?"

"YES! I'M AN IDIOT IN LOVE!!!"

I sighed deeply and looked at him.

"Myon...." I sighed again. "I think it's best to give up. Jihan has somebody she really likes. And I'm sure that person feels the same about her."

"I know that..." Myon frowned and let go of me. "But, if I have any chance of changing her mind, I'm going to take it! I love her!" He declared. I stared at him. Wow.

"I...didn't know you were that serious about her..." I told him and scratched the back of my head. I sighed.

"Aish... Fine, fine! I'll do it..."

"JEONGMAL!? SARANGHAE!!!" He squealed in an unmanly way and glomped me. Well, it's not like he was very manly in the first place...

"ALRIGHT! LET'S GO!"

"WAIT." I stopped him. "Where are we going?"

He grinned. "You'll see."


"I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU." I repeated to Myon as I touched my hair. "THAT LADY CUT IT SO SHORT. WHY COULDN'T I JUST WEAR A WIG?" I cried.

"Don't worry! You look great! " Myon gave me a thumbs up. I wore a plain red and white hoodie, black cargo pants, grey Nikes, and a black baseball cap to complete the whole look. "Ah... it's like looking into a mirror." He stared at me with a smile and I smacked his head.

"Idiot..." I'm going to get him back for this one day. "And why are you wearing that dress?" Myon raised an eyebrow and looked down at the blue dress he wore.

"Cause I look good in blue." He told me innocently and played with a lock of hair on the wig he wore. I face-palmed.

"You know I like wearing casual clothes and not dresses in public!"

"But don't I look cute?" He smiled at me and twirled around. My eye twitched.

"YOU BETTER NOT DO EMBARRASSING THINGS WHEN YOU GO TO THE FAN MEETING TODAY. I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DO." God, I'm starting to sound like Jihan...

Myon saluted to me. "No problem! And don't forget about the photoshoot today!" He then turned and started skipping away. "BYE, MY BELOVED MYON-OPPA!"

I glared after him.

"LIKE HELL I WOULD EVER SAY THAT!!"


 

"Ah! Myon! You're back!" I looked up as the members of DM ran to me when I entered the room they were waiting in.

"H-hey guys!" I grinned uneasily.

"Why the hell did you leave so suddenly? Are you a freaking idiot?" HyunJ crossed his arms and glared at me.

"A-ah... Sorry about that. I had things to do..." I laughed nervously and scratched my cheek.

They all stared at me.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

Wonho felt my forehead. "Do you have a fever?"

"What? No. Why do you ask?"

"You never apologize to HyunJ. You always bicker with him when he calls you an idiot. Are you okay?" .

"Oh! Now that you mention it, I do feel a bit out of it today!"

"Oh no! Will you be okay hyung?" JJ asked with worry. I smiled at him and patted his head. "I will! Don't worry!"

"If you say so..." Chunggi said. There was a knock at the door.

"Oh, they're here." Yejun smiled.

...Huh?

"Annyeonghaseyo!" The door opened and Exo walked in, causing my eyes to widen.

WHAT?

"What are they doing here??" I whispered to Wonho and he looked at me.

"Don't tell me you forgot that Exo is going to be joining us for our photoshoot." He sighed. "Seriously, are you okay? Do you actually have a fever?"

I stared at him with wide eyes. "N-no! I'm fine! I remember now! Haha!" Feeling a stare, I slowly turned to find that it was HyunJ who was staring so intensely at me. I quickly turned away.

WAS I CAUGHT ALREADY?

"It's nice to see you all again." Luhan smiled and we dipped our heads.

"Boys. Start getting ready. The photoshoot will start soon. Your clothes are over there on the hangers." We all nodded at the staff member and I took the outfit that had Myon's name labeled on it.

I turned, but then froze at the sight.

"What's wrong?" Yejun asked as he undressed along with the others.

"Are you not feeling well today Myon-sshi?" Tao questioned as he started taking off his pants, exposing his black boxers. I quickly looked away, feeling my cheeks become warm. 

OH. MY. GOD.

"I need....the bathroom." I tried saying as casually as possible.

There was a moment of silence.

All of a sudden, a white shirt was thrown over my head.

"Don't just stand there. Go if you need the bathroom, idiot." I recognized that voice to be HyunJ as I was pushed out the door.

"We'll talk about this later."

My brown eyes widened as HyunJ said this and I mentally cursed.

I was caught....