Chapter 15

We Are GEMS!

"BUT WHY NOOOOT???" I whined to Sooyun, sitting down on the harlequin floor of our practice room. "I WANT TO PRACTICE TOO!!"

 

Sooyun crossed her arms. "No. You heard what Kyung said. Until your foot heals completely, you are not allowed to dance."

 

"BUT I NEED TO PRACTICE FOR WHEN WE START FILMING THE MV!!" I continued to whine as she stood infront of me, giving me a look.

 

"I don't care." She said simply. "Get better first, then you can practice with us."

 

"But-"

 

"NO BUTS. YOU'LL ONLY HURT YOURSELF MORE IF YOU DANCE NOW, SO NO." Chaeri cut me off and put her hands on her waist.

 

"I agree." Jihan said, stepping next to Chaeri. "Just get better first."

 

Hana gave me a worried stare. "I think you should rest, unnie...I don't want you to get worse..." All the girls nodded in agreement.

 

I looked at them all and frowned.

 

"I appreciate the concern, but it's really no big deal..." I muttered stubbornly and slowly got up. I prevented myself from wincing from the slight pain I felt and headed towards the door.

 

"Where are you going?" J-Kat asked.

 

I shoved my hands in my pockets. "Out." And with that, I left.

 

(3rd Person!)

 

All the members stared after the brunette in concern as she closed the door behind her.

 

"Is unnie gonna be okay?" Hana asked the older girls, frowning in worry.

 

"She just needs some time alone right now. You know how she is. She doesn't like it when people worry about her." Sooyun said with a sigh.

 

"Will she really be okay by herself?" Suye asked quietly, staring at the ground.

 

HyunAe patted her back. "I'm sure she will! Don't worry about it!"

 

"That stubborn panda...." Chaeri muttered to herself and folded her arms as she paced around the room. "She's injured, yet she still wants to dance? And what does she mean that it's 'no big deal'? What's wrong with her head? Seriously!" She continued to mumble to herself in irritation.

 

"Unnie..." Hana made to reach out to Chaeri, but was stopped when J-Kat placed her hand on her shoulder.

 

J-Kat smiled at Hana. "She's just worried about Miri. She'll be fine after a while, so try not to worry too much."

 

Hana stared at her for a moment before nodding slowly.

 

"Alright. Let's practice." Sooyun said, gaining everyone's attention.

 

As everyone got into positions, Hana glanced at the empty spot where Miri was supposed to be in concern.

 

"It'll be ok." Suye assured her with a soft smile, noticing her concern. "Right now, let's focus on practicing."

 

Hana glanced at Suye.

 

"Ok..."

 

(First Person Miri!)

 

"Why are they all so worried about me? The injury isn't even that bad! And I'm pretty sure I can dance perfectly fine!" I grumbled to myself as I stalked down the hallways of S.M..

 

I paused in my steps, frowning at the pain in my foot.

 

I wanted to dance.

 

I loved to.

 

But this stupid injury was preventing me from doing so.

 

"Irritating...." I muttered, glaring at it and leaned on the wall beside me. A thought then crossed my mind.

 

I glanced around before knitting my eyebrows together in confusion.

 

Where exactly am I?

 

I let out a sigh, seeing no one was here to answer that for me and slid to the floor.

 

Well....

 

I'm having such a crappy day so far....

 

Just then, my Iphone rang.

 

I whipped it out from my pocket and answered it, not bothering to check who was calling.

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Miri-ah!" It was Myon.

 

"What is it, Myon?" I asked.

 

"Where are you? I checked your practice room, but Jihan noona said you weren't there!"

 

"I'm........" I looked around. ".....I don't know where I am..."

 

"Huh? What do you mean? Did you get lost??"

 

".........Maybe...."

 

"YOU DID!? HOLD ON MIRI-AH!! OPPA IS COMING TO GET YOU!!" And with that, he hung up. I sighed and put my phone away.

 

"How is he gonna get me when he doesn't even know where I am?"

 

So I waited....and waited....and waited.

 

And after about thirty minutes, I saw Myon practically sprinting down the hall towards me, looking exhausted.

 

"Miri-ah!" He stopped infront of me, panting. He sat down beside me after catching his breathe.

 

I glanced at him as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

 

“I found you.” He grinned at me.

 

“Yup.” I smiled at him.

 

“How is your foot?” My smile instantly changed to a frown and I looked away.

 

“It’s really nothing to worry about.”

 

Myon stared at me. “Are you mad about something?”

 

“No.” I answered nonchalantly.

 

“What happened?” I shot him a small glare.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“I would know if something is wrong with you. I’m your twin, Miri.” Myon told me, looking at me seriously.

 

After a moment, I sighed.

 

“I really don’t want to talk about it…” I murmured. He stared at me for a minute before nodding.

 

“Alright. I won’t pester you anymore.” Myon said and took my hand. I smiled at his attempt to at least comfort me and intertwined our fingers. I loved how understanding Myon could be. Sure he acts like an idiot most of the time, but he was really a good big brother.

 

“Thank you, Myon.”


 

“Ah! Miri-sshi!”

 

I looked up at the members of DM as I entered their practice room with Myon beside me.

 

“Hi guys.” I smiled at them as they approached us.

 

“What are you doing here?” Wonho asked curiously.

 

“And where have you been? We still have to practice, idiot.” HyunJ said, glaring at Myon.

 

Myon glared back at him. “Shut up bastard! I know that! And I don’t see why I have to answer you since it’s none of your business!”

 

HyunJ’s glare intesified. “What did you just say? You-“

 

“I’m just here to see you guys practice!” I said quickly, cutting HyunJ off. “I mean, if that’s okay with you all.”

 

“We don’t mind.” Chunggi smiled at me while everyone nodded.

 

I smiled back at them. I walked to the chair that was against the wall and sat down as they got into their positions, each of them holding a mic.

 

Hey! You ready? Haha. Let’s go!

 

1! 2! 1, 2, 3! (DM)!

 

I watched as they danced to their debut song, “Diamond”, feeling myself captivated by them. They were really good. Like, seriously good. Just watching them made me want to jump up and join in.

 

I then started to observe them all.

 

HyunJ’s rapping was amazing.

 

Chunggi and JJ’s dancing about blew me away.

 

Myon and Wonho were excellent singers and Yejun’s harmonizing made it sound twice as better.

 

All I can say is, I see now why they are one of the best boy groups in South Korea.

 

“THAT WAS AMAZING!!” I exclaimed and clapped my hands when the song ended.

 

“You really think so?” JJ bounced up to me, staring at me with hope. I smiled at the young boy.

 

“Yup!” He cheered and hugged me.

 

“Oh yeah. Miri-sshi.” I glanced at Chunggi. “Is your foot okay?”

 

My smile faded a little. “Yeah. It doesn’t hurt anymore.” That was actually a lie. It still hurt quite a bit. But, I didn’t want them to worry about me.

 

“Really? That’s a relief.” Yejun said, smiling kindly at me.

 

I smiled at them. “Well, it’s about time I head back to my group. It’s almost time to go home.”

 

Wonho nodded. “Alright. Come back anytime.”

 

“Bye Miri!” JJ waved to me as I opened the door.

 

“DON’T GET LOST AGAIN MIRI-AH!!!” I shot a glare at Myon one last time before closing the door behind me.

 

Once I made it back to the practice room, I peeked in only to see that no one was there.

 

“Where did everybody go?” I thought in confusion, stepping inside.

 

I quickly took out my Iphone and checked my messages.

 

Three unread messages sent by Chaeri.

 

Where are you?

 

ANSWER MY MESSAGES PANDA!!!

 

……..We’re all going to get something to eat. Wait for us at the front of the building when we get back.

 

I pouted to myself.

 

They went to eat without me?

 

I let out a small sigh and glanced at the CD player that rested on the ground, in front of the mirrors.

 

I stared for a second, a thought crossing my mind.

 

I looked back at my Iphone and began to type.

 

You guys head back first. I’m going to hang out with Myon for a while. I’ll see you at home.

 

I put my Iphone away and sighed.

 

I felt bad for lying to them, but…

 

I closed the door and walked over to the CD player.

 

I wanted to practice.

 

I played the first track, which was our debut song, and stood in the center of the room.

 

I started to dance as soon as the music started. I timed myself as I moved my body so that my moves were in synch with the music.

 

As I danced through the song, I felt a burning sensation in my foot, but I continued to dance anyways, ignoring it.

 

For the next move, I turned a few times and jumped.

 

But I kind of regretted it.

 

As soon as my foot landed on the ground, I fell due to the intense pain I felt.

 

I gritted my teeth and clutched my foot.

 

“…Damn….” I tried to calm down, taking a few deep breathes.

 

A few moments later, I tried to stand back up, but found myself back on the ground, in pain.

 

“ing....pain…” I cussed under my breathe and took my shoe off along with my sock. My foot was really red.

 

I grimaced.

 

“Miri?”

 

My eyes widened and I turned my head.

 

“…..Tao?” I said quietly, surprised.

 

What was he doing here?

 

His expression changed from confusion to shock when he noticed my injury and he ran to my side.

 

“Did you hurt your foot?” He asked and knelt down, concern and worry laced in his voice.

 

I stared at him.

 

He’s this worried?

 

For me….?....

 

I felt a warm feeling in my stomach, but quickly pushed it aside.

 

“A little bit. But, I’m fine!” I smiled at him.

 

He looked at me in the eyes, his face suddenly becoming serious.

 

“It doesn’t look fine to me.” He slowly moved his hands and touched it, making me wince a little.

 

“Sorry…” Tao muttered and gently held it.

 

My face turned red in embarrassment as he tried to soothe it.

 

“It feels better now, so you don’t have to do that!” I exclaimed, trying to hide my face. My heart was beating like crazy.

 

“Are you sure?” He asked me, concerned.

 

I nodded quickly and he let go.

 

“…..What are you doing here anyways, Tao?” I asked him curiously after I calmed down.

 

“I forgot something in my own practice room. But, I heard music and decided to check it out. I was curious since nobody should still be practicing at this time.”

 

Time….

 

I glanced at the windows to see that it was already dark outside. My eyes widened a bit.

 

“I gotta get back to the apartment.” I said and stood up, forgetting about my injury. I winced and sat back down on the ground.

 

Tao stared at me.

 

He got up.

 

“Here.” He offered me a hand. I looked up at him. “I’ll take you.”

 

“It’s okay! You don’t have to!” I said quickly.

 

Tao shook his head. “I wasn’t asking you a question.” He suddenly took my hand and gently lifted me back up. It was hard to stand on my own so I had no choice but to lean on Tao for support.

 

I looked up at him with wide eyes. “What do you mean?”

 

“I’m going to take you back to the apartment even if you refuse. You’re hurt.” He said simply.

 

I was shocked.

 

Who knew Tao could be quite….forceful…

 

“But-“

 

“Besides.” He cut me off, smiling at me. “We live in the same apartment. So, it’s really no trouble.”

 

I stared at him.

 

“…What about that thing you forgot?” I asked quietly.

 

“I’ll get it tomorrow.” Tao said and put his arm around my waist and my arm around his shoulders. I looked away, knowing my face was red as we began walking slowly out the door. After we made it out of the building, we walked towards a sleek black mustang, which I was guessing was his car.

 

“You got your drivers license? Since when?” I asked him as he unlocked the doors and helped me into the seat up front.

 

“Just recently.” Tao answered, buckling my seatbelt for me. He closed my door and got into the driver’s seat.

 

As he drove, I found myself staring at him.

 

“I really do love this guy…” I thought, smiling a bit.

 

I yawned and started nodding off, suddenly feeling tired.

 

“Thanks…” I murmured and closed my eyes.

 

“….You’re welcome.” Was the last thing I heard before I fell into complete darkness.