Chapter 26

We Are GEMS!

(First Person Miri!)
 
"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" I laughed happily as I leaned dangerously over the balcony of the hotel we were currently staying at. 
 
My group ran towards me as SHINee watched with wide eyes.
 
"YAH!!!" HyunAe grabbed the back of my shirt and hauled me back into the safety of our room. 
 
"MIRI, THAT WAS DANGEROUS!" Sooyun scolded me with a glare. 
 
I stood up straight and faced them, grinning widely. "Sorry! I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE ACTUALLY IN TOKYO!! THIS IS JUST TOO EXCITING!!" 
 
"JUST DON'T DO THAT AGAIN, OKAY? YOU SCARED ME LESS!" Chaeri clutched her chest, sending me a deadly glare. I laughed nervously and scratched my cheek.
 
"OKAY!"
 
"Aigoo, that scared me. I thought you'd really fall."  Jonghyun ruffled my hair. 
 
"Your energy is just as scary as Yoogeun's." Minho said with a small smile. 
 
"Omo! He was so cute in Hello Baby!" I exclaimed.
 
Key looked at me. "You watched us before on Hello Baby?"
 
"We all did." Hana giggled. 
 
"Starving the child when he doesn't want to eat? Locking him up in a room when he doesn't stop crying?" Jihan threw a look to Jonghyun. "I can already feel the pain of your future children."
 
He just shrugged in response.
 
"Alright, let's go." Kyung walked into our room along with SHINee's manager.
 
Suye tilted her head. "Where are we going?" She asked curiously.
 
"You'll see." He grabbed his coat and gestured for us to follow him. We all stared at him questioningly, but followed him anyways.
 
"Do you guys know where we're going?" J-Kat asked the SHINee members. They shook their heads as we all got into a big white bus that Kyung rented just for us.
 
"We don't even know why we're here. Our manager just told us that it was a secret. " Onew answered and took a seat near the front with s.
 
"Again with the freaking secrets...." Chaeri grumbled and sat down on the left side of the bus, crossing her arms. "I just want to know already!!" I sat down next to her as the camera crew sat at the back, recording us all.
 
"Me too." I pouted. The bus then started moving.
 
"Miri." I looked at Kyung, who was in the front with SHINee's manager. "Why don't you do some aegyo for the cameras? I'm sure your fans would love to see that."
 
"NO." Jihan immediately objected, glaring at Kyung. "ABSOLUTELY NOT."
 
"I WANT TO SEE YOUR AEGYO!" Taemin stared at me eagerly. 
 
"Miri! Miri! Miri! Miri!" SHINee chanted, smiling widely. I grinned at them and got up from my seat, holding the chair in front of me, so I didn't fall.
 
Jihan glared at them. "I hate you all."
 
I laughed at her and cleared my throat. 
 
"Hmph." I pouted and scrunched my nose. "Miri wants to eat right now, so buy Miri food, okay?" I said in Japanese, posing cutely. 
 
"UGHHHHH!!!!" My group groaned as everyone else clapped.
 
"WOOOOOOOWW!!!!"
 
I laughed and sat back down, covering my face in embarrassment. I'm glad Hana taught me some Japanese phrases!
 
"I'm going to punch you." Chaeri glared at me. I shielded my face and avoided eye contact with her throughout the rest of the ride.

 

"....This is where you wanted to take us?" Sooyun asked Kyung, looking up at the tall building with wide eyes.

"Onkio Haus." Hana read the words across the building.

He nodded and entered as we followed him.

"Ah! Hello!" A older man smiled and walked up to us. "Are you GEMS and SHINee?" He asked us in Japanese.

We just stood there, not knowing what he was saying, except for Kyung and Hana, who were both fluent in Japanese. Hana smiled and nodded. "Yes. Nice to meet you." She bowed. We all quickly copied her. 
 
"Great! We've been eager to meet you all!" He smiled. "My name is Yamato Aoki. It's very nice to meet you." He bowed.
 
"Please follow me." He led us into a large recording room. I looked around in amazement. THIS PLACE IS FREAKING AWESOME!!! 
 
"Girls." Kyung said. We turned to him. "I have something to say." 
 
"The reason why I brought you here is because we are planning on recording your first Japanese album."
 
Our eyes widened.
 
"JEONGMAL!?"
 
He nodded. "While we are here in Japan, you will all be working on your new song."
 
Suye raised an eyebrow. "Wait, what?"
 
"For this song, I want you all to put your minds and talents together to compose it." Our eyes widened.
 
"HOLD ON! WE'RE WRITING THIS OURSELVES!?" HyunAe about yelled in shock. Kyung simply nodded.
 
"Don't worry. You'll have professional help from Yamato-san and his co-workers to create the music for the song." Kyung glanced at Hana. "Also, Hana could translate the lyrics for you to Japanese."
 
"But, why are we here?" Minho asked. His manager turned to him.
 
"That's because you will be working with them in their MV for this song."
 
Hana looked at J-Kat with wide eyes. "Omo!!"
 
"YAY!!" Taemin cheered happily and faced us, grinning. "I CAN'T WAIT TO WORK WITH YOU ALL!"
 
We all smiled back at him, thinking the same thing.
 
HE'S SO FREAKING CUTE!!!

 

"Sighhh........" I sighed deeply, laying on the couch in our hotel room with my head in J-Kat's lap. 

"Any idea on what our song should be about?" Sooyun asked, sitting on the carpeted floor in the middle of the room with Chaeri and Suye.
 
"Let's write a love song!" Chaeri exclaimed, looking pumped. Hana nodded excitedly.
 
"Yeah! Let's do that!"
 
"But, what about the lyrics to the song? I've never written a song before in my life..." Suye said. 
 
"That's alright! Luckily, I have a bit of experience of writing songs." I said with a smile. "I've written quite a few when I was younger."
 
"What about about we split into two groups? One group can come up with the music for the song and the other can write the lyrics! Then, we can all get together and try singing it!" Hana suggested with a happy smile. 
 
"That's a good idea." Jihan smiled.
 
We all nodded in agreement. "Then, who's in what group?" HyunAe asked.
 
I raised my hand up high. "I'll help write the lyrics!"
 
"Me too!!" Chaeri grinned.
 
"I'll help too! I have to help translate it anyways!" Hana said in a bright tone.
 
"I guess I'll help write aswell." Jihan said, glancing at us.
 
"Then, the rest of you will come up with the music." Chaeri said, looking at the other four members. They all nodded.
 
Just then, someone knocked on our door. Sooyun stood up and walked over to the door, opening it.
 
"Hi!" Taemin greeted us with a wave as he stood there with his other members. "Are you guys busy??"
 
"Wae?" HyunAe asked, curious. 
 
"We wanted to see if you guys wanted to come with us. We're going to walk around Tokyo for a bit." Onew said.
 
"Us four will go." Jihan said, pulling Chaeri, Hana, and I up and on our feet. "We need inspiration to write lyrics." She looked at the other members of our group. "You guys can go back to Onkio Haus and get some help on making the music." 
 
"Okay!"
 
Key grinned. "Alright, let's go!"

 

"Ice cream!~ Ice cream!~ I'll melt you down like ice cream!~ Ice cream!~ Ice cream!~ I'll melt you down like ice cream!~" Hana and I sang as we skipped happily on the sidewalk, holding cups that were full of chocolate and strawberry ice cream. 

"KNOCK IT OFF, YOU TWO. WE'RE GETTING STRANGE LOOKS FROM PEOPLE." Jihan whispered to us harshly as people looked our way. I stuck my tongue out at her while Hana simply shrugged and continued to eat our ice cream.
 
Minho pulled his hoodie down more, hoping not to get noticed by fans. "So, have you thought of anything for your lyrics?"
 
Chaeri frowned. "Nope...."
 
Key smiled at her encouragingly. "It's okay. You'll think of something eventually."
 
"Hmm...." I hummed with my spoon in my mouth. A love song....
 
How do I write a love song?
 
I've written songs before, but never a love song, since I wasn't really interested in it when I was younger.
 
Tao suddenly crossed my mind. I blinked, stopping in my tracks. 
 
I haven't seen or talked to him in a while...
 
I frowned. Well, I can't see him now. He's in Korea....
 
"....I'll call him!" I thought and grinned. 
 
"Unnie, what's up?" Hana asked, looking at me. I then noticed I had been standing in the same spot for a few minutes, smiling to myself.
 
......Creepy....
 
I shook my head. "Nothing! I'll be right back!" I ran off to the nearest restroom, taking my phone out as I did so.
 
I quickly went into one of the stalls and closed the door. I closed the toilet seat and sat down, dialing Tao's number.
 
"Pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up......" I muttered repeatively to myself. Suddenly, nervousness began to take over me.
 
This is the first time I've ever called him...
 
I began to get worried as I waited. He's still not picking up....
 
I bit my lip. Is he busy?
 
"Hello?"
 
My heart skipped a beat at the sound of his voice. 
 
"It's me." I smiled. 
 
A thud was heard followed by a crashing sound. My eyes widened as I heard Tao mutter a small curse under his breathe. 
 
"H-hello?"
 
"What was that?" I asked, surprised.
 
"I....uh...slipped and knocked over the lamp near my bed..." He answered, embarrassed.
 
"Are you alright? Did you hurt yourself?" I asked with concern.
 
"Ani. I'm fine."
 
I sighed in relief. "That's good."
 
It was quiet for a few moments.
 
".....I miss you..." 
 
I blushed and gripped my phone tightly, so I didn't drop it. "...I miss you too..." I said softly, smiling sadly.
 
There was a pause.
 
"...Miri-ah..." My eyes widened in shock. THAT'S THE FIRST TIME HE SAID MY NAME LIKE THAT!!!
 
"Let's go on a date when you get back."
 
I clamped my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from squealing.
 
DO NOT PASS OUT, KYU MI RI!!! NOT YET, AT LEAST!!!
 
"D-date?"
 
"Mm. I want to go somewhere with you." My heart sped up.
 
"Eodi?" I asked curiously.
 
"It's a surprise." 
 
I pouted and was about to say something, but stopped when my phone beeped. 
 
"Omo...My battery is dying...." I muttered sadly. "Mianhae. I have to go..."
 
"It's okay. Just promise you'll go on a date with me."
 
I laughed. "I'll think about it!"
 
"Ani! Promise me now!"
 
"Bye!~" I sang, still laughing.
 
"YAH!! WAI-"
 
Just then, my phone decided to die.
 
I giggled and let out a sigh.
 
It's funny how this one phone call could make me so happy.
 
I paused.
 
I stood up abruptly, my eyes as wide as plates.
 
I know what to write now.