Chapter 22

We Are GEMS!
(First Person Miri!)
 
"Miri!~ Wake up!~"
 
I groaned as I felt someone try and tug my blanket from me and pulled it over my head.
 
"Leave me alonnneee." I tried going back to sleep, but my blanket was yanked off of me. I sat up to glare at the offender, but froze when I noticed a camera was right in front of my face.
 
"Good morning!~" Chaeri sang, grinning at me. 
 
My eyes widened. WHAT THE HELL IS A CAMERA CREW DOING HERE?
 
I quickly grabbed my other blanket and wrapped it around me as I tried to hide my face.
 
"Please, don't film me. I look horrible in the morning." I said, shielding my face with my hands. I then hurriedly ran off into the bathroom, silently cursing at Chaeri as she continued to laugh at me.

 

"Where exactly are we gonna go, Kyung?" I asked from my spot on a chair as I waited for my hairdresser to finish curling my hair.

"Your mini performance is today." Kyung answered and leaned on the wall beside him. 

I laughed sheepishly. "Oh yeah! I forgot about that!" Chaeri looked at me.
 
"...You can be so forgetful sometimes..." She snickered.
 
"Bleehhh!" I used my aegyo voice and stuck my tongue out at her. She glared at me and said nothing since there were a few people from the camera crew recording us.
 
"...I'm still not used to your aegyo..." Jihan said through clenched teeth as she glared at me aswell.
 
"Shall I continue to use it until you are?" I asked in a sweet voice, gaining horrified looks from my members.
 
"NO!"

 

"So, what school are we performing at?" Suye asked Kyung from the backseat of the van we all rode in. 

"K.I.S." He told her.
 
"We're performing at my old school!?" I exclaimed with wide eyes.
 
Kyung simply nodded. 
 
Hana looked at me with excitement. "You graduated from there, unnie?"
 
I smiled. "Yeah. Jihan did too."
 
"Fun times...." Jihan muttered to herself with sarcasm.
 
"We're here." Kyung announced. 
 
I looked out my window and suddenly felt myself get hit with a wave of nostalgia. Ahh....
 
The memories of my life before becoming a trainee came flooding back to me.
 
Studying in the library by myself, eating food at the rooftop by myself, walking home alone when Myon had practice for basketball, haahh...
 
I never realized how lonely my life was back then...
 
I slowly got out of the van, along with everybody else, and looked around. 
 
"Alright, let's go inside." We all followed Kyung into the tall building.
 
"Why is it so empty?" Sooyun asked as we walked down the hallways. 
 
"It must be class time." Jihan said, looking straight ahead.
 
We finally came to a stop after reaching the auditorium. Kyung turned to us.
 
"Go backstage and get ready. Afterwards, practice a bit more on stage. I'll be back. I have to go meet with the principle." Kyung told us before leaving. 
 
We all stood there for a moment then went to do as we were told.
 
"What was your life like when you were still a student, unnie?" Suye asked Jihan. 
 
"Just peachy." Jihan grumbled with sarcasm as she focused on putting on her shoes. Then, Hana turned to me.
 
"What about you, unnie?"
 
I paused. "It was...nice." More like really boring. I inwardly sighed and fixed my fringe. "Alright. Let's go practice."
 
They all nodded and followed me to the stage. J-Kat's eyes widened.
 
"Wow! This place is seriously huge!" She exclaimed in awe.
 
"...I think my stomach just dropped." Chaeri said, just as amazed.
 
Hana bit her lip. "I'm really nervous now."
 
"We'll do fine, guys." Sooyun smiled encouragingly. "Don't worry so much."
 
"YEAH GEMS! WE GOT THIS!!" HyunAe shouted brightly. They all seemed to relax a little.
 
I smiled at them. "C'mon guys. 5, 6, 7, 8!"
 
After we finished practicing, we headed backstage and waited until it was time to perform. Soon enough, the auditorium started filling up with hundreds of students and Kyung met up with us not long after.
 
"Are you all ready?" We all nodded as we held hands.
 
"Alright. Get on the stage. Good luck." He smiled slightly.
 
We smiled back at him and nodded once again before getting on the stage, each of us holding a mic.
 
"Omo!! IT'S GEMS!!!"
 
"AHH!! IT'S REALLY THEM!!!"
 
"DAEBAK!!!"
 
We all smiled at the crowds of students and bowed deeply.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo! Urineun banjak banjak GEMS imnida!"
 
Then, the music started and we sang and danced. All the nervousness we had felt earlier had quickly gone away. I started to love the feel of being on stage. It felt so natural and yet, exciting.
 
Ahh...
 
I wish this could last forever.
 
But after a while, it sadly ended and roars of cheers erupted from the students.
 
"AHH!!! THEY'RE SO CUTE!!"
 
"I LOVE YOU, GEMS!!"
 
"That was awesome!"
 
"WHOO!!!"
 
“Thank you for watching and supporting us!” Chaeri said through her mic. 
 
“WE LOVE YOU ALL!!” We all shouted, causing the crowds to cheer louder.
 
I smiled widely at them as a few tears fell down my cheeks and I bowed along with the other members before exiting the stage.