Chapter 2

We Are GEMS!

Here I was.

 

In front of one of the top entertainment companies in South Korea.

 

S.M. Entertainment.

 

I looked up at the tall building nervously and clutched my chest. My heart was beating so fast; I felt like it would pop any second!

 

I breathed in deeply, trying to calm myself.

 

How did this happen again?

 

Flashback

 

"...What?"

 

"I would like to scout the two of you." The man, Min Kyung, repeated. "What are your names?"

 

"Kyu Mi Ri and Kyu Myon. We're twins." I answered, a bit hesitantly.

 

"Anyways, why scout us?" I asked confused.

 

"I saw your performance back at that parlor and I was honestly impressed. I believe you two have the potential to make it as idols." He said.

 

Myon eyed him a bit suspiciously. "Are you really working for S.M.?"

 

Kyung nodded.

 

"If you don't believe me then take these information cards." He then dug in his coat pocket and handed us the cards. "The contact number is there as well as the address for S.M. Entertainment. If you are interested, meet me in front of S.M. tomorrow when you two get off of school. I'll be waiting." And with that, he left.

 

Myon and I stood there, taking it all in.

 

"...I can't believe that just happened..." I said, feeling a bit amazed. Myon scoffed.

 

"That guy is just a byuntae!" He said with a frown.

 

I shrugged. "I don't know. He seemed pretty legit to me. And cool."

 

Myon gave me a look. "You're not seriously thinking about going, are you?" I smiled.

 

"I think I will!" I said then started walking on the path to our house.

 

"WAE!? Wait, do you even want to become an idol?" Myon exclaimed as he caught up to me.

 

I looked at him. "I...never really thought about it. I mean I do love to sing, but I never expected my voice to get me anywhere..."

 

"What if that guy really is a byuntae?" Myon put his hands behind his head as we continued to walk. I smiled at him. "I'll be fine because you're coming with me!"

 

He glared at me. "I don't want to go!"

 

"Okay then. But if something happens to me, then it's on you." I grinned.

 

"Aish! Fine, fine! I'll go..." I giggled at that. I knew he would give in.

 

"Yay!!" I cheered happily while Myon sighed, looking at me.

 

"You're lucky I love you."

 

End

 

I smiled to myself.

 

Oh yeah.

 

That's how.

 

"Miri-ah, I don't see that guy anywhere." Myon said, walking beside me. My eyebrows furrowed and I looked at the ground, a bit disappointed.

 

Maybe I was wrong...

 

"Hey." A familiar voice said, causing Myon to jump in surprise.

 

"GAHH!!! WHERE WERE YOU!?" He shouted, clutching the front of his shirt.

 

"Just finished smoking at the back." Kyung answered. "So, you two are interested after all?"

 

Myon crossed his arms and looked off to the side childishly. "I just came to make sure you don't try anything funny!!" Kyung looked at him then grinned and patted Myon's head.

 

"So cute. Trying to protect your big sister. Good boy, good boy." Kyung said and continued to pat Myon's head, unaware of the death glare Myon was sending him.

 

I put both hands over my mouth, trying to stifle my laugh.

 

"OI!! DON'T TREAT ME LIKE A KID!! I'M OLDER THAN SHE IS!!" Myon growled, swatting Kyung's hand away. "I AM A MAN!!!"

 

"Such a cute kid brother you got there." Kyung said, smiling at me. I smiled back widely. "I know!~"

 

"WHAT DID I JUST SAY!? W-wait... DON'T LEAVE ME!!!" Myon shouted when he noticed we were already heading inside the building and caught up with us.

 

I was seriously amazed with the place.

 

There were pure white, marbel floors that were absolutely beautiful! I could even see my reflection in them! The walls were just as beautiful. There were modern furniture everywhere and glass doors that led to various rooms. Some velvet carpets were added that really seemed to pull the room together.

 

I inwardly squealed as Kyung continued to lead us up some stairs.

 

"Where are we going?" Myon questioned.

 

Kyung looked back at us. "We are going to see the owner of this entertainment company. Lee Soo Man."

 

My eyes widened in panic. "...What?"

 

"We need to get his permission for you to become a trainee here." He said. Kyung looked at me, noticing my stiffness. He then placed a hand gently on my head. "Don't worry. If it's you, I know he'll let you in. You have potential. Even I can see that." He said, trying to calm me down. I looked up at him and gave a small smile, feeling myself relax.

 

"Thanks." I said. He nodded and stopped in front of a interior glass door.

 

"C'mon." Kyung said and opened it.

 

"Who is it?" An authoritative voice reached my ears, making me play with the hem of my sweater nervously.

 

"Min Kyung. Sir, I have a request." Kyung asked in a serious tone. I peeked from behind him to see the one and only, Lee Soo Man. He was sitting behind his desk, doing some paperwork, before he looked up at Kyung. He put his pen down and sat up straight. "What is it?"

 

"I would like your permission for this girl to become a trainee here. I scouted her myself. I have seen her perform and was mildly impressed. She has potential." Kyung said. I stepped out from behind him.

 

"Hello. Je ireumeun Kyu Mi Ri imnida." I said politely and bowed.

 

Lee Soo Man stood up and did the same.

 

"I never expected you to directly scout somebody. You're a hard to please person." He chuckled, looking at Kyung. Kyung nodded. "I surprised myself when I did so too. But she has talent. I do not regret my decision."

 

Lee Soo Man looked over at me. "I see..." He stood there for a moment, looking as if he were deep in thought. Then, he smiled.

 

"Alright. I'll trust your words."

 

My eyes widened and I felt my heart skip a beat.

 

No way....

 

NO FREAKING WAY......

 

He then walked up to me and extended his hand.

 

"Welcome to S.M. Entertainment."

 

....

 

I think I just died on the inside.

 

I needed to jump, squeal, cheer, SOMETHING!!!

 

I quickly shook his hand before I said or did anything stupid and smiled at him gratefully. "Kamsahamnida!" I bowed again.

 

Lee Soo Man chuckled at me, before turning to my brother.

 

"Who are you, young man?" He asked.

 

"That is her twin brother, Kyu Myon. I actually scouted both of them, since they both seem to have the potential to become great idols, but-"

 

"I see. Well then, welcome to S.M. Entertainment." Lee Soo Man said, cutting Kyung off and shook hands with Myon. After shaking hands, Myon looked at me like he just got caught in some major . He didn't say anything though because he knew he couldn't refuse the offer now, especially since the owner of S.M. was welcoming him with open arms.

 

"Starting tomorrow, you are both trainees of S.M. Entertainment. Be here at 3:30 to start your training. Work hard."