Chapter 36

We Are GEMS!

(3rd Person)

Chaeri slammed the door of Exo's practice room open, causing some of the members to jump in shock at the sudden noise and others to look towards her in surprise.

"Chaeri-sshi?" Suho's eyebrow rose at her sudden appearance.

She ignored him and looked around them until she spotted her targets.

"There you ers are." She narrowed her eyes at Tao and Lay before stomping towards them. 

They both watched her with slight fear in their eyes as she stopped in front of them, glaring them down. They didn't even notice her other members appear behind her.

"You two." They both gulped at the look on her face. Lay swore he saw fire in her eyes.

"We would like to talk with the two of you." Jihan said calmly, placing a hand on Chaeri's shoulder as if telling her to calm down. Chaeri ignored her.

Lay looked away from the blonde to his head curiously at Jihan. "What for?"

"Just come with us." Sooyun sighed. "Before Chaeri loses her patience and decides to become violent."

"I'm just about there." Chaeri growled. "Come with us and don't ask questions."

"What’s going on?” Chanyeol asked with wide eyes. “Did they do something?”

HyunAe threw a smile at him. “Don’t worry about it sweetie. We’re taking care of it.”

“Just come with us please. She’s getting impatient.” J-Kat told the duo, pointing at Chaeri who looked like she was about to break something.

With a deep breathe, the two nodded and followed the girls out the door, leaving their members behind.


“Do you know how ing childish you two are being?” Chaeri growled at Tao and Lay after she forced them to kneel down in front of her. “I want this fighting to stop. NOW.”

Lay looked away. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Chaeri narrowed her eyes further. “Don’t act like you don’t know anything. I know you two have been fighting over my best friend. Lie to me again and I’ll rip your eyes out.”

“Lay.” Lay glanced up at Jihan. “I get that you like Miri, but you know she’s with Tao. You need to respect her decision.” 

“And Tao.” Tao looked over at HyunAe. “You need to try and be mature about it. Don’t challenge Lay. Talk it out.”

“Yeah,” Hana nodded, “remember guys. You two have a really good friendship. Don’t ruin it.”

By this time, the two males were hanging their heads in shame. They slowly looked at each other and stared for a good minute.

“I’m…” Lay started, “sorry. I’m really sorry for the way I’ve been acting. I just love her as much as you do. I didn’t know how to control myself around her even when I knew you two were together. Whenever I thought about you two, it hurt.”

Tao shook his head. “I’m sorry for my behavior as well. And I should’ve talked to you instead of getting jealous all the time. I acted like a kid. I’m really sorry.” He said sincerely.

They were both interrupted when they heard an almost silent squeal and turned their heads towards the group of girls who were huddled together in the corner of their practice room, watching them intensely.

“Bromance has never been so beautiful.” Hana sighed dreamily.

“Don’t squeal. Hold it in. You’ll ruin the moment.” Suye told J-Kat.

J-Kat bit her lip. “But it’s so cute.”

“I agree. This is adorable.” Sooyun nodded.

“Hush guys! They can hear us!” Chaeri stage-whispered to her members.

“They’re looking over here.” Jihan stated boredly. They all looked over at the two boys.

HyunAe grinned widely. “Go on, go on.” She urged and waved her hands in their direction.

Coughing awkwardly, the two stood up.

“We want to apologize to Miri.” Tao said.

Lay nodded. “Where is she?”

“She left early today.” Suye replied.

“Did something happen? Is she sick?” Lay questioned in a concerned tone.

“No.” Suye shook her head. “She heard that you two were fighting.”

“From who?”

“Juree.” Jihan answered.

“The slapped her and blamed her for the way you’ve been acting.” Sooyun said in a low voice.

“That’s why we came looking for you two.” Chaeri explained. “I wanted all this to stop so my panda could be all better again. I know she feels like it’s her fault.”

“We didn’t know…” Tao said slowly as he stared at Chaeri.

“So hurry up and go make her better again. She’s back at our dorm room.”

Without another word, the two dashed out of the building.