Chapter 13

We Are GEMS!

"Omo...." Sooyun whispered with wide eyes as Exo walked towards our direction, not noticing us.

 

"Eotteoke? Eotteoke!? EOTTEOKE!?!" HyunAe repeated to herself in a panic, clutching her head while the others just froze in shock.

 

I stood there, not knowing how to react.

 

"Ah...OH!" Xiumin's eyes widened and pointed at me after noticing us. "Miri-sshi!"

 

The boys all looked, finally noticing us aswell.

 

Our eyes widened.

 

Xiumin ran up to me, looking confused. "What are you doing here??"

 

"Oh, I just moved in with my group!" I answered quickly, smiling.

 

He looked us over, his eyes as wide as plates. "Group? Are you going to debut?"

 

I smiled widely and nodded.

 

"DAEBAK!! Good for you, Miri-sshi!!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands.

 

"Must....pinch..." Chaeri murmured to herself, staring intensely at Xiumin's cheeks.

 

"Restrain yourself." I whispered to her. She frowned, but continued to stare anyways.

 

"Good to see you again." Kris said to me with a smile when he and the others reached us.

 

"IT'S THE DRAGON!!" Chaeri whispered to me harshly. I shot her a look then smiled back at Kris.

 

"Good to see you too." I grinned.

 

"Who are they?" Luhan questioned curiously, looking over at the girls.

 

"I'm Chaeri!~" Chaeri said then turned to others. "That's Hana, Sooyun, J-Kat, HyunAe, Suye, and Jihan!~" I noticed that as she did this, she emphasized on Suye and Jihan's names, probably because she knew that they were IN LOVE with Sehun and Luhan.

 

Suye avoided eye contact with Sehun and played with her long dark hair while Jihan shot Chaeri a murderous glare.

 

Yup.

 

Chaeri was gonna get it later.

 

"And we are GEMS!" She ended with a big smile.

 

"GEMS?...Cute." Luhan said with an angelic smile, causing Jihan to clutch HyunAe's shirt.

 

Sehun noticed that and put an arm around Luhan's waist in a possessive manner while slightly glaring.

 

Jihan didn't seem to mind it and instead quietly whispered "Hunhan!" with Suye.

 

"It's my freaking bacon!!!" HyunAe squealed quietly with J-Kat, looking at Baekhyun while Sooyun and Hana silently fangirled aswell.

 

Oh boy...

 

"Miri-sshi." I heard a familiar, soothing voice call me and I looked forward to meet eyes with Tao.

 

My heart skipped a beat (something that happens often whenever I see this man).

 

"Hi Tao." I said with smile. He nodded at me, smiling aswell.

 

Everyone stared at us, noticing a change in the atmosphere.

 

"So, you moved in here?" He asked me curiously.

 

I nodded. "Yup! Right across from you guys actually!"

 

"Really? I'm glad." Tao smiled gently at me, causing my heart to beat faster.

 

"Girls." We all looked back to see Kyung and another man (probably Exo's manager), walking towards us. Kyung bowed politely to Exo before passing them and walking up to us.

 

"Get to bed. You all have another recording to do tomorrow." He told us as he opened the door.

 

"Yeah, let's go before Jihan and Suye lose their feels." Chaeri muttered to me, glancing at Jihan and Suye who were still staring at their loves, clutching each other. I nodded in agreement and gestured for them to go in first. As they went inside, I noticed that Luhan was stealing glances at Jihan.

 

I raised an eyebrow then inwardly smiled mischievously.

 

Interesting!~

 

At that moment, I remembered something.

 

Tao's jacket.

 

I still have to give it back to him.

 

I looked over at Tao as he waited for the rest of the guys to go inside their dorm first.

 

I did the same and waited.

 

"Tao!" I called before he could go inside. He looked over at me curiously.

 

"Meet me out here when everyone falls asleep, k? I have something for you!" He looked at me in surprise then nodded.

 

"See you till then!" I grinned at him then went inside my own dorm.

 

"Miri."

 

I looked up to see the whole group staring at me, arms crossed.

 

"What's going on between you and Tao?" Chaeri questioned me suspiciously.

 

My eyes widened. "What? Nothing!"

 

Jihan narrowed her eyes. "Didn't seem like nothing."

 

"It almost looked as if you two were...dating." Hana said, also suspicious.

 

I stared at them as if they were crazy. "BWO!? ANI!!! WE'RE NOT DATING!!" I denied.

 

HyunAe clicked her tongue. "In denial!~"

 

"REALLY! WE'RE NOT!!" I exclaimed.

 

"Then why was he treating you like that?" Sooyun asked. I looked at her.

 

"Like what???" She had a thoughtful look.

 

"He seemed very....gentle with you." I tilted my head.

 

"And really nice!" J-Kat added with a grin.

 

"He's just a nice guy! That's all." I said. "Let's go to bed now! I'm tired!"

 

They all stared at me, unconvinced, but did so anyways, heading to their own rooms.

 

I followed Chaeri to our room and laid on my bed.

 

"...You sure you two aren't dating?" I shot her a small glare as she plopped down on her bed.

 

"Go to sleep." I said, making her laugh lightly.

 

"OK!~" She sang, pulling her covers up to her chin. "Night!"

 

"Night."


 

“She’s finally asleep.” I thought, glancing over at Chaeri who was sound asleep on her bed.

 

I quietly got out of bed and snuck over to my dresser, slowly taking out Tao’s jacket. Then, I tip-toed out of the bedroom and to the entrance. I let out a sigh of relief once I managed to make it outside in the hall, where Tao was waiting for me.

 

“Yo.” I grinned at him. “Here ya go! I told you I’d give this back whenever I saw you again, didn’t I?”

 

I then handed him his jacket, earning a smile from him.

 

“Thanks.” He chuckled and looked it over. “Did you wash it?”

 

I nodded. “Yup!”

 

He smiled at me gently. “You didn’t have to do that.”

 

“Ah well! I did, so accept my kindness panda!” He stared at me in amusement before letting out a small laugh.

 

“Thank you.” He ruffled my hair. I quickly looked away, knowing that my face had gone red.

 

“No problem…” I muttered.

 

I almost jumped in shock when I felt Tao’s hand on my forehead. I stared up at him, wide eyed.

 

“Do you have a fever?” He asked, concern laced in his voice. “Your face is kind of red.”

 

I shook my head and laughed nervously. “Nope! I’m fine!”

 

I grabbed his hand to remove it from my forehead, but paused.

 

“Such smooth hands for a guy…” I thought, staring at it. “I like them.”

 

“Miri?” I then realized I was holding his hand infront of my face and quickly let go. Tao just stared at me, puzzled.

 

“Well, I’m tired!” I said, faking a yawn. “I’m gonna head to bed now! Night Tao!”

 

Before he could say anything, I hurriedly ran back inside my dorm, closing the door behind me.

 

“Gahh!! Miri, you pabo!!” I hit my head with my hands and slid to the ground with my back against the door.

 

“How embarrassing…” I muttered.

 

I slowly got back up and dragged myself to my room.

 

I hid my face in my pillow once I made it to my bed and sighed.

 

Don’t think about Kyu Mi Ri. Just sleep.

 

I laid there then began tossing and turning to get comfortable. After a while, I sighed in irritation and stared up at the ceiling.

 

“I can’t sleep at all.”

 

(First Person Tao!)

 

I stood there, staring at the door of Miri’s dorm.

 

I touched my hand that she was holding not too long ago and almost jumped in surprise when I felt a small amount of electricity surge through me.

 

I took a deep breathe, slowly bringing a hand to my chest.

 

“What’s wrong with me?” I clutched my shirt.

 

I quickly brushed it off and went inside my dorm. I quietly walked into my room and to my bed, being sure not to wake my manager as I did so. As I laid down, I found myself thinking about her.

 

Miri.

 

She was strange, but she was a good girl.

 

I admit, I find her as cute and I like it when she smiles.

 

I don’t know why, but I feel as if I have to protect that smile.

 

I can’t imagine her with a depressed frown.

 

Just thinking about that upsets me….

 

But, why?

 

I shook my head.

 

Forget it.

 

Just sleep.

 

I closed my eyes and laid there.

 

…..

 

……….

 

……………..

 

I groaned and opened my eyes again, feeling irritated.

 

I sighed deeply and stared at the ceiling.

 

“I can’t sleep at all…”