Chapter 29

We Are GEMS!

 

"Hey..."

Walking into the living room, I raised an eyebrow questioningly at my members. "Where's Chaeri?"

"She went on a date." Sooyun answered.

I looked at her with surprise. "With who?"

"Yesung!" HyunAe said with a grin.

"They're dating!?" I exclaimed with wide eyes.

"We don't know for sure..." Suye told me. 

"I saw her texting Yesung once..." J-Kat turned to us with a thoughtful look. 

"And they even met up a few times before we left to Japan." Hana added.

"How do you know that?" I raised an eyebrow. She just smiled and put a finger to her lips as if it was a secret. I stared at her, freaked out.

Sometimes, she seriously scares me.

“Oh yeah…” I murmured in realization. I looked at Jihan. “Who brought me home last night?” All I remembered from last night was being carried off in someone’s arms. So naturally, I was curious.

Jihan raised an eyebrow. “You don’t know?”

I shook my head. “Not a clue. Wait, was it Kyung?” I guessed.

Sooyun turned to me. “No, it was-“

At that moment, there was a light knock at our door. I looked around at everyone, waiting for someone to get up. When no one did, I sighed and stood up.

“Lazy bums…” I muttered as I made my way to answer the door. 

“Yah! You’re one to talk!” HyunAe pointed a finger at me. I simply stuck my tongue out at her before opening the door.

“Miri-sshi!” Lay smiled down at me. “Hello!”

“Ah! Hello!” I smiled back at him hesitantly. What was he doing here?

“Can I…talk to you?” I nodded at him and he stepped aside for me to walk out. I closed the door behind me once we were both in the hallway. I glanced up at him questioningly. 

“I wanted to ask you if you were feeling well.” He stared at me with concern. I raised an eyebrow.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” I asked, tilting my head.

“Well, you seemed really tired last night…” Lay ‘s cheeks turned red. “I had to carry you back to your room…” 

My eyes widened. “You carried me?” He nodded and I looked down in embarrassment. “Thanks.”

“It was no problem, but you shouldn’t fall alseep in your car like that. It’s dangerous. What if some ert or fan found you instead of me?” He chided me.

I grinned widely at him. “You’re right. I’m sorry. And thanks again for bringing me home. I owe you one.” 

For some reason, Lay’s whole face turned red and he looked away quickly.

“I’m going to go now. I have to meet back up with my group.” He smiled at me. “I’ll see you later.” And with that, he left.


Later that day…

“There she is.” Suye said as she spotted Chaeri in the lounge of the S.M building with Yesung. We watched them as they walked in our direction, completely oblivious to us. 

“Yo, Chaeri!” I called in a manly voice, inwardly laughing as she froze and looked around with wide eyes. She soon caught sight of me and fell open.

“…….Hi.” Chaeri grinned at us.

I eyed her and Yesung’s joined hands before shifting my eyes to Yesung. I smiled at him knowingly. He just blushed lightly and slowly retracted his hand from Chaeri’s, much to her disappointment. Awe! It’s so cute!

“C’mon Chaeri. Kyung’s waiting for us in the van outside.” Sooyun told her.

“We have idol stuff to do!” Hana said happily. The blonde nodded in understanding before reluctantly leaving Yesung’s side to follow us.

“I’ll call you later!” She shouted, gaining looks from some trainees. She ignored them and continued to walk.

“Heeeey!” A voice suddenly called out to us. We all looked to our left to see Luhan waving at us, the rest of the members behind him. 

“Hey guys!” HyunAe waved back as we started making our way towards them. I searched the group until my eyes landed on someone in particular.

Tao smiled at me, giving me a cute little wave of his own.

I smiled back at him warmly. ”Ta-“

“Zitao!” A familiar voice cut me off. I turned just in time to see a woman run past me and directly to Tao.

She wrapped her long pale arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her as she did so. I froze in my spot.

I could practically feel the stares of my group members, but I ignored them all and continued to stare blankly at the two.

"I've been wanting to meet you for a long time!" She cried. My eye twitched slightly.

"...Please let go of me." Tao gently pushed her, clearly uncomfortable. "I don't know you."

She only tightened her grip. "I'm sorry, but I've been waiting for this moment for practically my whole life!" I frowned deeply.

"Excuse me," Suye suddenly called out to her with a loud voice, surprising everyone. "who are you?"

The woman turned around, her arms still around Tao. My eyes widened. 

"Oh! Hello everyone!" Juree waved at us. Her green eyes landed on me and she smiled. "It's nice to see you again Miri!"

I just stared at her.

"Is she a friend of yours?" Chanyeol asked us. 

"An acquaintance." Sooyun answered. Juree frowned at that and finally let go of Tao. I relaxed a little bit.

"Oh, don't say that! I think of you all as my friends!" She said, her ebony locks falling over her shoulders. 

"Are you a fan of Tao?" Jihan questioned, ignoring what she had just said. Juree's face lit up.

"Of course! He's actually the whole reason why I became an idol!" She exclaimed with dreamy eyes. "Ever since I saw him on TV, I fell in love with him and just had to meet him."

Fell in love with him? 

Did I hear that correctly?

Tao glanced at me and flinched at the look on my face. He stared at me with apologetic eyes and I shook my head.

There was nothing to be sorry about, right?

It's not like he was in love with her, so I shouldn't be upset.

She was just his fan.

"...We should go." I said to my group. I looked at the boys and Juree and gave an empty smile. "Bye."

And just like that, we left the building. 

I sat in the front seat of the van, staring out the window as Kyung drove. It was quiet for at least fifteen minutes until Kyung finally broke the silence. 

"Why is it so quiet?" He questioned us. The members glanced at me. Chaeri decided to speak up.

"Well after they all got me, we met up with Exo and that ing Juree waltzed in and-"

"Nothing happened." I cut Chaeri off sharply. She frowned at me.

"What do you mean nothing happened? She just-"

"Nothing happened." I repeated, more firmly this time. 

After that, no one said a word for the rest of the ride.


Sorry I haven't been updating...

I've gotten really lazy...

But anyways, subscribe or comment if you want.

Just so you know, it makes me a happy panda :3

-PandaMiri*