Chapter 28

We Are GEMS!
 
"Ugghh!! This !" Hana groaned in frustration from her seat on the couch in our hotel suite as she clutched her head, staring hard at the mess of papers in her lap.
 
Sooyun looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "What's wrong?"
 
"I have to finish these stupid assignments for math and do two book reports since they're due right when I get back to school in Korea! I only finished one book and I hate math!" She cried, dropping her head back on the couch, giving up.
 
"Why don't you ask one of us to help you with your math?" Sooyun suggested. Hana's ears perked at that and turned her head towards Suye, who was currently sitting on the carpeted floor, papers scattered around her.
 
She noticed Hana's stare and glanced at her. "Don't ask me. I got my hands full enough as it is." She said, scribbling down the answers to her work. Hana pouted before turning to me.
 
She stared at me with hopeful eyes. I flinched.
 
"Sorry, but unless you want to fail, don't ask me. I seriously at that subject." I smiled sheepishly. "Same goes for Chaeri."
 
Chaeri, who was watching TV with chips in , simply gave a thumbs up, her eyes never leaving the TV.
 
"Does everyone in this group at math?" Hana questioned with wide eyes.
 
I shook my head. "Nope. Luckily, we have Jihan." I looked at said person, who was sitting on the other couch, listening to her music.
 
"Uuuuunnnie." I called to her with slight aegyo in my voice.
 
She didn't hear me.
 
"UUUuuuuunnnie." I called her again, louder.
 
She heard this time, but pretended not to hear me.
 
I frowned at that.
 
"UNNNNIIIEEE!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, using as much aegyo as I could.
 
She yanked her earphones out of her ears and sent me a death glare. "What!?"
 
"......Hi." I grinned widely and ran behind J-Kat, giggling.
 
Jihan's glare darkened. "Miri."
 
I gulped. "I MEAN, HANA NEEDS HELP WITH HER MATH!" I quickly pointed to our maknae and shrunk back behind J-Kat.
 
Jihan raised an eyebrow questioningly, her attention on Hana now. "You need help with math?"
 
Hana nodded, an embarrassed look on her face. "Please."
 
Jihan walked over to her. "Sure, I'll help you."
 
With a happy cheer from Hana, they then proceeded to sit down on the floor as Jihan explained 'math' to her.
 
"Siiiggghhhh...." HyunAe let out a big sigh as she laid on the floor, near Suye.
 
J-Kat glanced at her. "What's up??" 
 
"How much longer do we have to wait till we get to film the rest of our MV?" HyunAe sat up, looking impatient. "I want to finish it already!"
 
"Yeah, but we still have to wait for Juree-sshi to finish with her MV filming." Suye said.
 
HyunAe sighed again. "I know, but still...."
 
"I know how you feel." Chaeri said, turning away from the TV and crawling to us. "I want to finish it right away too."
 
"Juree-sshi is such a nice person." Hana voiced her thoughts, making us look at her. "She's so kind and beautiful!"
 
"And she's got talent." Jihan added, remembering yesterday when we found Juree's audition video on Youtube, though we didn't know what entertainment she auditioned for.
 
"She's certainly something." Suye said.
 
"She's like, perfect." I said, falling back on the floor and looked up at the ceiling. "I kind of wish I was like her. She just debuted and she's gotten so popular already." 
 
"Hmph. I like being myself." HyunAe said, a frown plastered on her face. I sat back up.
 
"What's the matter?"
 
"Nothing!" She got up and walked to her room, leaving me confused.

 

Another week passed and we finally finished the rest of the filming for our MV once Juree-sshi had finished hers. 
 
We were now at the airport with SHINee and their manager, ready to board our plane to take us back to Korea.
 
"Everyone!" 
 
We all turned and was shocked to see Juree, running up to us with a big smile. 
 
"Are you all heading back to Korea?" She asked as soon as she caught up to us.
 
Kyung nodded after we all politely bowed to her.
 
Juree's smile widened. "Great! I am too! Is it alright if I join you?" She asked sweetly.
 
It was silent for a moment.
 
Juree's smile faded slightly. "Or maybe you'd all rather not..."
 
"No! You can come with us!" I smiled at her. "We'd love to have you join us."
 
She looked at me and smiled back. "Really? I'm so happy to hear that." 
 
So, we all boarded the plane together and walked to the back that had our own little 'VIP' room there. I sat down and waited for Chaeri to sit beside me. Since we were so close, I expected it. 
 
So, I was honestly surprised to see Juree sitting beside me instead of the loveable blonde that was my bestfriend. 
 
"I hope you don't mind." Juree smiled at me, unaware of the death glare Chaeri was sending her. 
 
I looked into Chaeri's eyes and that was all I needed to do to get my message across to her.
 
"Calm down. Just leave it."
 
Chaeri frowned at me. "But, she took my seat..."
 
"Let it be just this one time, kay? We can eat ice cream together later!"
 
With a slow nod, Chaeri turned and sat down beside Sooyun instead, sulking a bit.
 
I turned my attention back to Juree and smiled. "I don't mind, but why?"
 
"I don't think some of your friends like me..." She smiled sadly. "You're the only one that actually talks to me." I laughed a little.
 
"Don't worry! They're really nice people. They're probably just not used to you yet, that's all." 
 
Juree had a look of hope. "Jinjja?" I nodded and she hugged me.
 
"I'm so happy!"
 
I laughed and awkwardly patted her back.
 
Feeling a dark aura, I looked up to see Chaeri glaring daggers at Juree.
 
"HANDS OFF MAH PANDA, !!!" I read her eyes and quickly detached Juree from myself before Chaeri killed her.
 
I sighed deeply.
 
This is gonna be a looooong flight...

 

After we landed, I felt so glad.

 

The whole flight was just....so awkward.

 

While everyone else chatted with each other, I was stuck sitting in my seat with Juree talking to me the whole way here, as if we've been friends forever. All I did was smile and nod and even throw in a few "Really?" or "That's cool!". 

 

It's not that I disliked the girl. She seems like a good person.

 

 
She's also very....open with me...
 
And Chaeri doesn't seem to like that.
 
For the whole flight, I had to calm Chaeri down, so she didn't try and throw the poor girl off the plane because she simply gave me a hug.
 
The whole situation was just crazy.
 
I couldn't wait to get back home and sleep. That was the number one thing on my mind right now. Sleep.
 
After parting with Juree and SHINee (which was really sad for Hana and J-Kat since they seemed to have really wanted to spend more time with their crushes) , we all headed back to our apartment.
 
"Miri, wake up. We're home." 
 
My ears perked at the word. Home.
 
I slowly opened my eyes and noticed we were back at the apartment.
 
"Hurry up and get out of the van. Everyone's already at the elevators. I swear, they are all so eager to get to bed already..." Kyung muttered the last part then walked inside the building, leaving me all alone.
 
"....So....tired....." I groaned lazily. I sat there for a few more moments, closing my eyes.
 
Sleep sounds so good right now. And my dorm is so far away. So what if I'm outside?
 
You know what they say back in America.
 
YOLO.
 
I scrunched up my nose. Did I really just think that?
 
Brushing it off, I sighed.
 
Just sleep.
 
Finally giving in, I began to drift off.

 

Floating. 

I felt like I was floating.
 
I was also warm. And safe.
 
Like someone had their arms wrapped around me.
 
Was someone carrying me?
 
I think so...
 
But, who?
 
..........................
 
I smiled.
 
Ah, well.
 
I'll figure it out later.