Chapter 3

We Are GEMS!

"Kyaaa!~ It's Myon-oppa!!~"

 

"He's so cute!"

 

"I'm going for him!"

 

"Yah! He's mine!"

 

I sighed.

 

"Myon sure is popular..." I thought, staring at the crowd of girls as they watched my brother play basketball in the gym with his friends.

 

"Ah, Miri-ah!" Myon said, running over to me, dripping with sweat. "What are you doing here??"

 

"I have a free period, so I decided to stroll around." I took out a small cloth from the pocket of my sweater and handed it to him. "Here."

 

He grinned at me and wiped his forehead. "Thanks."

 

Just then, his team walked over to us. "Who's that, Myon?"

 

"She's my twin sister." Myon replied.

 

"Twin!?"

 

"Jinjja!?"

 

"Hey, what's your name?"

 

I smiled at them. "Kyu Mi Ri."

 

"Gaaah!! Myon!! Why didn't you tell me you had such a cute sister!?"

 

"Miri-sshi! Miri-sshi!! Go out with me!"

 

I stood there, not knowing what to do.

 

Myon glared at his friends.

 

"YAH! Knock it off! She's off-limits!" He shouted, hitting one of them on the head. "GO AND PRACTICE. THAT'S AN ORDER."

 

"Touchy." One snickered as they all left and did as they were told.

 

As expected.

 

I mean, Myon is the team captain.

 

"Anyways, I'll see you later. I have to go practice too." He said. "See you after school!"

 

"Yah! Don't be late! We need to change at home then head straight to S.M.! " I said. Myon nodded then went off to his team.

 

After school, I sat down on one of the benches outside, waiting for Myon, who arrived a few minutes later. When we got home, we quickly changed into something more comfortable for training. I wore my favorite lavender shorts with a bit of floral printing on the pockets (It was cute AND super easy to move in!) and tossed on an over-sized, white T-shirt with a big blue anchor in the center. I grabbed my grey, low cut vans and hurriedly put them on.

 

 I then dug through my closet and took out my small blue bag and stuffed it with extra clothes, two bottles of water, my new trainee ID (Which just had the S.M. logo, my picture, and my signature on it.), a map of the S.M. building, and my schedule for training. Once I was finished, I ran downstairs and waited by the door for Myon.

 

"MYON!!! PALLI!! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!" I shouted, arms crossed.

 

"COMING!!!" A few seconds later, he appeared at the top of the staircase wearing red and white sweatpants, a plain black T-shirt with a white hoodie pulled over it and a pair of red Nikes. I also noticed he had brought a bag with him aswell. I nodded in approval. "C'mon. Let's go."

 

Myon nodded and ran down to me, almost tripping in the process. "Umma!! We're going now!!" Myon called, looking over at the kitchen. Just then, she walked out with a smile on her face. "Ok. Work hard you two."

 

We both smiled at her. "Neh!"

 

After we left, we headed to the sidewalk and began walking south. S.M. wasn't too far from our area, so we didn't really need to take a bus to get there.

 

"Myon, did you bring your identification card, map and schedule that they gave us yesterday?" I asked, looking over at him.

 

"Neh. It's in my bag." He replied, stretching a bit.

 

After walking for about 15 minutes, we finally made it to S.M.

 

I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt nervously as we walked inside. It was a habit of mine when I get nervous.

 

"Well...I have to go. I believe my room is right over there. You?" Myon glanced at me. I took out my schedule and looked it over.

 

"I have the second floor." I said.

 

"I guess I'll see you later then." He said and started to leave. "....Oppa..." I grabbed the back of his shirt, causing him to stop and look at me. "...Um....." I slowly let go. Myon then smiled at me and placed a hand on my head.

 

"Don't worry. You'll be fine on your own. Just smile and make some friends! Arasseo?" He grinned, playfully messing my hair. I laughed and pushed him.

 

"Ok, ok! Geez, don't do that!" I fixed my hair, smiling. I loved how Myon always knew how to make me feel better. It's the power of twins, I guess.

 

"I'm gonna go, seeing that you're ok now." He said.

 

 I grinned and nodded. "Ok. I'll see you later!"

 

Myon nodded back at me and walked off.

 

I stood there for a moment, then looked around.

 

"Elevator...elevator...ah! There!" I thought, spotting one near the front desk and walked over to it. I was about to press the button that would take me upstairs, when another person did it before I could.

 

I looked up and I couldn't believe who I saw.