Hospitals .

Less Than Perfect
"Jiyeun... Wake up... Jiyeun..." someone shook me softly. I looked up an saw Joon smiling at me. "Mmmmmm..." I mumbled as I stretched. "Where am I?" I asked. "You are... In my car, at home." He said cautiously. I looked at him weirdly and got out of the car. "Oh boy. What happened to my house." I said, less of a question and more of a statement. Joon chuckled and ruffled my hair. Since I had just woken up, it was really tangled and he got his fingers stuck in it. I helped him yank his hand out of my tangled mess I called hair, then grabbed a brush out of my purse and pulled it through, making it nice and soft. I put the brush away, and I remembered when Joon took me to his house for the first time. "So, why are we at your house?" I said. "Because... My parents want to meet you..." he admitted. I smiled. I had never formally met my boyfriend's parents. With Yoseob, we had been close friends for years, and plus, his mom hated my guts. I was excited but nervous as well. Joon intertwined our fingers and we started walking, but I looked at him and stopped. "What if... What if they don't like me...?" I asked anxiously. "Don't worry. I love you, so they will too." he told me confidently. Joon strutted in, pulling me along with him. I kept my head down because I was embarassed. Joon and Yoseob made me forget about my self-consciousness, but it was coming back. I didn't want them to see my face, in fear that they would start acting like Yoseob's mom. Joon walked in and announced his arrival. "Mom! Dad! I'm home! I want you to meet someone!" he squeezed my hand as his voice thundered through the house. His mom rushed in out of the kitchen wearing a cute pink apron and had some flour in her straight black hair that was pulled up into a low ponytail. Her dad was dressed in a gray suit with a blue pinstripe tie. He was tall and had really broad shoulders, and compared to his short and skinny mom, he looked even bigger. "Mom, dad, this is my girlfriend." I bowed politely and introduced myself. "Hi, I'm Nam Jieun... Or Park Jiyoon... You can call me either one..." I said, trying not to let my heart explode. Trying to be polite, I couldnt hide my face, so I ended up just sitting there. "Oh hello, honey! Joon already explained your... Situation to us, so no need to worry." his mom flashed her pearl white teeth and patted my hand that wasn't being held by Joon. I smiled back and dipped my head forward. Joon's dad didn't talk much, but his mom did. She was extremely pretty and nice, and she always looked on the bright side of things. She was just a good person to be around. Her sunny aura just rubbed off onto you. Suddenly, something dinged. "Oh!" her mom laughed. "I made cookies because Joon told me you were coming! Would you like some?" she smiled. Her laugh was cute and innocent, like a little girl. I nodded my head and replied, "Yes, please! I love cookies!" even though I didn't  particularly. I always thought they were too sweet, but I took them anyway. Joon was grinning, and so I stuffed a cookie in his mouth. His mother smiled adoringly, and even his dad's lips turned at the corners from seeing his son smiling stupidly with a cookie sticking out of his mouth. We talked for a couple hours about each other, trying to get to know each other. I seemed to be to their liking, I get good grades, have a nice family, just normal stuff like that. It got awkward when his mom asked about my real birth parents, though. Once the question slipped out of , she covered it and apologized. "I'm so sorry, Ji... Eun... Yoon..." she said awkwardly. I put a fake smile on and shook my head. "Don't worry about it!" I told her, even though I was freaking out inside. *Oh my god... I don't even know what to call myself! I wonder what my real parents were like... It was an accident on Joon's mom's part. She didn't mean to ask you that. Forget about it! It doesn't matter!* a million different thoughts were running through my head. She looked so sorry and like she pitied me... *I don't need pitying. I'm a perfectly capable girl.* Joon cleared his throat and shot a look at his mom. "We'll get going now..." he said. His mom nodded and stood up. She smiled and hugged me. "I'll see you soon, right, honey?" I nodded and looked at her dad. I bowed wordlessly, and we left. "Sorry, Jiyeun. I don't know why she said that..." "No problem, Joon. It's fine." he drove me to my house, when someone staggered into the middle of the road. I jumped out of the moving car and rushed to the drunk man's side. "Ajussi! Ajussi!" I called, helping him off of the ground. He looked really sick, and he had cuts and bruises all over his body. "Joon! Take him to the hospital!" I yelled as we got into the car. I sat in the back with the man, trying to keep him conscious as Joon sped to The hospital. We parked and had some difficulty unloading the frail man from the tiny sports car, especially since he wouldn't oblige. When we finally yanked him out, Joon carried him on his back into the lobby. "We need help!" he called. A nurse came out holding a gurney and we laid the man on it. They wheeled him into a room and we followed. "Your relationship with this man?" the nurse asked. "We don't know him, he just stumbled into the road and we brought him here." Joon clarified. He gripped my hand as I watched them perform different tests on him. He pulled our hands close to his face and kissed mine, holding it close. I turned to him for a quick smile, but then spun around to the guy again. I got a call on my phone so I looked at the caller ID. "Mom" it read. I picked it up, but not wanting to disturb them, I walked outside. "Mom? Yeah, I'm okay. ... I'm with Joon. At the hospital. ... No I'm not hurt and neither is Joon. It's just some man we saw on the road. He was drunk and whatnot. ... Okay, but I didn't have time to call because I'm watching him. ... The man. ... Okay, love you too. Bye." I hung up and walked back into the room. I took Joon's hand and we watched the doctors work on him for about another hour. *So much... Blood...* "Joon... I'm going to go take a breather..." and I left. I walked through the halls and heard a familiar voice. *Yoseob. Yoseob. Yoseob.* That name kept echoing in my mind. I followed it, then saw him talking to a patient on a bed. I looked around the corner to see...******Muahahaha! Cliffhanger!!!