Dancing Boy

Less Than Perfect
"Unnie! Stop! Ugh. How could anyone like me!?" I kept telling her to stop saying that Joon liked me as I ran after him. "Unnie. I'm hanging up now. Bye." I pressed the red "end call" button and kept running. All of a sudden, I ran into a lightpost. A big, black, lightpost. In the middle of the sidewalk. I had really bad reflexes, so as I was there on the ground, I yelped. People were staring. Most were laughing.  I started laughing with them. I rubbed my forehead. That was gonna leave a bruise. Or a huge bump. As of right now, it was both. I just sat there on the ground laughing and crying at the same time. I rubbed my eyes and saw a hand held out towards me. I looked to see it's owner. It was Joon. I grabbed the hand and stood up. He softly took his fingers and ran them against my head. They traced my bruise/welt, and I flinched. "Ugh... Jiyeun. How do you run into... You know what? Forget it." Joon took my hand again and led me to a building. He had the key, so I figured it was his house. It was normal sized, unlike Yoseob's. No one was home, and I was glad. I had no intention of explaining why I came into someone's home holding someone's hand with a bruised and swollen forehead. It would be an awkward conversation, lemme tell you. He took me to his room and sat me on his bed. "Stay here." he motioned at me on his bed, and left. His room was tidy. There were pictures of him on the wall with his friends doing different things, but most of them were of them dancing. Joon re-entered with an ice pack. He laid me down and pressed the ice pack lightly on my head. I shuddered and retorted, "I hope you know I'm completely capable of doing this myself." Joon laughed and agreed. "I know. But I wanted to do it for you." I froze. What was he saying? My heart was really confused. I tried to dismiss it as something he meant as friends. "Why thank you." we laughed together, but he became gloomy again. "Is he... Really your boyfriend?" Joon was quiet. "Who, Yoseob? No! He just asked me to go on a date with him... That doesn't count, does it?" He relaxed. "I guess." I got suspicious. "How come?" "There's a little party that my dance studio is hosting. I wanted you to come with me! Just like old times, you know? But if you were dating someone, I wouldnt be able to." "You... You dance?" I remembered the pictures. "Mmmhm! I'll show you! Come on!" Joon grabbed my hand and towed me downstairs. He sat me down on the windowsill and started to dance. He showed me some b-boy moves, did ballet, and even some dances he came up with himself. I smiled and laughed the whole time. But all good things eventually come to an end. It was about 8:00 and I had to visit my mom in the hospital. I told Joon and he understood completely. He offered to drive me, and I was happy to oblige. We drove and talked the whole way. Finally, we pulled up to the hospital parking lot. Joon looked at me. "Jiyeun. I will pick you up for the mall tomorrow at noon. And the party... It's this Friday. 6 pm. Dont forget! He winked and I got out of the car. "Thanks Joon! Today was awesome! And thanks for the ride, too!" I shut the door and watched him drive away. My feet spun me around and carried my body inside. I closed my eyes. I knew this hospital inside out. I strolled through the hall And entered the room. Someone grabbed my arm and yanked me back outside. "Jieun..." a familiar male voice asked. "Yeah, Yoseob?" "Um... You know how... I... Likeyou? Um... About that, will... Willyoubemygirlfriend?" Yoseob seemed unsure but sure at the same time. (Yoseob's thoughts)-She's not the bad girl type. She would never cheat on me or anything. She's perfect. The best. I couldn't ask for anything more. I just hope she doesn't reject me...(End of short POV type thing)******Crazy short, I know... But I'm on writers block!! I'll upload again!!!