Dates

Less Than Perfect
Another subscriber!! Thank you XO_ARTIST_XO!! ******* "Shoes!?!?" I exclaimed. "Well, yeah. I'm not gonna let you go barefoot!" Joon rolled his eyes. He took me to a shoe store that looked like it was worth more than my house. We walked in and my eyes grew huge. "You're buying me... One of these!?!?" I screeched. People were staring, but I didn't care. Most of the shoes were more than my dress. "Shhh! Jiyeun! Yes! Now be quiet!" Joon looked around and apologized. It was crazy. How come both Yoseob and Joon are filthy rich!? I sat down and watched Joon fret around the store gathering different pairs of shoes. Somehow, he knew exactly my size. I tried each of them on and looked at his expression change with each pair. I wasn't sure what they all meant, but I knew he liked one pair the best. When I put on the shiny black stilettos, his eyes lit up and he nodded. I looked at him. "You want me to wear these? And walk? And not die?" I asked. I had pretty bad balance. I tried to stand and stumbled into his arms. I felt 20 feet taller. I tried to take a step, but it didnt work. Joon kept walking me around the store until I didn't need to hold on to him. I stared to walk by myself, but it was difficult. I was walking like a penguin. He laughed and sat me down. "Maybe not..." he laughed. I laughed along with him. I bet I looked really stupid... But who cares!? Joon was helping me, so at least I wasnt a loser by myself! Joon handed me a pair of flats, my favorite. I didn't stumble in these, luckily. He stared at me feet and finally nodded. "It'll do," he concluded. I walked out of the store with a new pair of shoes, some accessories we picked up on the way and a dress. that was all probably worth 3 of me. We had only bought a few things, but it was already 8. Joon took me home, and it was silent like before. We got out and he opened the door for me again. He walked me up to my door and we stood there. "Erm... Uh... Thanks for today... I had a lot of fun... And thanks for the clothes. You didn't need to buy them for me..." I mumbled. Serious Joon was gone. He laughed. "Of course I did! And no problem. Be ready on Friday!" he winked and left. I walked inside with my bags and greeted my parents.  "Were you out with Yoseob?" they asked.  "Nope... Just a friend..." I said.  "Hm... Okay! But if you cheat on Yoseob, you're dead." my dad threatened. He and Yoseob seem to be on good terms... That's good. "We didn't raise you like that. Right Jiyoon!?" my dad kept saying.  "Dad. I'm not that type of person." I assured as I walked upstairs to sleep. In the morning, I remembered Yoseob's date. I sprang out of bed and into the shower. I was so excited for today!! He said it was a surprise!! I could see his adorable baby face smiling at me. I didn't know what I did to deserve him, but I was glad I did it. He was the best thing that ever happened to me. I would not let him go. My phone rang, so I got out of the shower and looked at the caller ID. "Yoseob<3" it read. I beamed and answered. "Hello?"  "Jieun?"  "The one and only!" I was feeling really bubbly, which was kind of unusual. I heard Yoseob laugh on the other line.  "You're so cute!!" he squealed.  "You're cuter!" it was true. If I had even 1/1000000 of his cuteness, or could even try to use aegyo like he did, I would rule the world.  "I know!" he kept laughing. "So are you ready for our date?"  "Of course!" I answered. "It's the highlight of the week!" I added.  "Really!?" Yoseob's smile was clearly heard over the line.  "Mmhm!" "Then you're going to love it! I promise! Wait for me, I'll be there in ten!" and he hung up. I ran into my room and started humming randomly. I changed quickly and rushed downstairs. Luckily, as I came down, the doorbell rang. I answered it eagerly and was answered with a hug. I hugged Yoseob back and quickly let go. "My parents are here!" I told him. He walked in and greeted my parents quickly. "She'll be back before ten!" Yoseob promised as we ran out the door. He held my hand as we drove, and my heart was fluttering like crazy. I still had no idea where we were going until we pulled into the parking lot.  "Amusement park!?" I jumped. "Yay! Yayayay!" I cheered. "You're the best!!" I hugged him. We got out of the car and he put his arm around me. It was easy to tell he was nervous, so I tried to put him at ease. I grabbed the hand that wasn't around me and we walked like that. We entered and I was amazed at all the rides and fair things they had. We walked over to the games and Yoseob won me a big Domo doll. "It's so cute!!" I squealed. I was acting really cute and bubbly... I think Yoseob and Jenny Unnie were rubbing of on me! But who cares? I squished the Domo doll into the crook of my arm and we resumed holding hands. "Let's ride that!" I pointed at a huge rollercoaster and he agreed. We got into the surprisingly short line and we got he best seats. I squeezed his hand and looked at him. "Yoseob... I'm having second thoughts! I'm scared!" I leaned  over to him and he held me. "You'll be fine! There is nothing to worry about!!" and the ride started. It was really fun, but Yoseob screamed louder than I did. I hugged him tightly as we wet around the turns, the scariest part in my perspective. We came off laughing and holding hands. Its amazing, how it feels like our hands were made for each other and they fit perfectly together. I looked up at his face and stopped walking. After a couple steps, Yoseob stopped too. "What's wrong?" Yoseob asked.  "Nothing, it's just..." we looked at each other for a little while longer. "Nevermind." I held his hand and we walked again. Yoseob smiled and we kept riding rides and playing games. Finally, it was getting dark, so We got onto the gondola and we looked out over the city. I sighed and scooted closer to him, resting my head on his chest.  "Yoseob? Do you... Like me?"  "Of course! That's a dumb question. The truth is," he got closer to my ear. "I've liked you since the 1st grade. Ive never stopped liking you. Now that we're older and more mature, I think... I might..." he was cut off by a loud popping noise. I looked outside and saw fireworks. I gasped out loud and stared at the sparkling bursts of light and color. "Isnt that pretty!?" I exclaimed.  I thought about what Yoseob had just told me. That he had liked my since 1st grade... Was he serious? 1st grade was a long time ago. The ride ended and we took each other's hands. Together we walked to the parking lot together and he started driving me back home. "Yoseob?" I asked.  "Yeah, Jieun?" "Do you really mean what you said about me in first grade?"  "Of course!" and I fell asleep.  "Jieun??" Yoseob called me over the phone, waking me up.  "Mmm?" I mumbled, still half asleep.  "Did I wake you up?" Yoseob had a hint of concern in his voice.  "Nope! I should've gotten up anyway, so it's ok!" I brightened up. Hearing Yoseob first thing in the morning is the best! I smiled and pictured him in my head.  "Good." he chuckled. "So can I take you somewhere tonight?" he asked.  "Tonight!?!?!" I freaked out.