012

My 6 Beasts


"Junho-yah, do you know whe-" I mumbled as i entered Junho's room only to be greeted by his half body.

"..the spare batteries are.." I muttered.

"Lee Jieun ah, stop gawking." He chucked as he ruffled my hair.

"I so was not gawking!" I retorted, sticking out my tongue at him.

"Stop lying Jieun, it's bad for you. Why do you need batteries anyway?" I waved the remote that i was holding in his face.

"JunK wants to watch television but the remote isn't working!" I grumbled.

"Why isn't hyung getting it himself then?" Junho asked as he raised his eyebrow at me.

"Probably too lazy. Urgh, you probably wouldn't know anyway, i'll go ask Taec," I sighed as i left the room before he could answer me.

--

"Yah Taec, do you know where we kept the spare batteries?" I asked.

Taecyeon placed the dumbbells that he were previously holding,down onto the floor and shrugged his shoulders.

"Um, i think i have some in my drawer though," He pointed at the desk that was located in a corner of his room. Walking over, i opened the drawer and found a few spare batteries.

"Thanks dude." I smiled as i placed the new batteries into the remote. "But why do you have so many batteries anyways?" 

"Remote cars," he grinned as he pointed to his collection of cars that were on top of his cupboard.

"Lame ," I teased as turned around to leave.

"I wanna get a glass of water too," Taec got up from where he was and followed behind me.

"Mmh, you guys have probably never heard of something called clothes, have you?" I rolled my eyes as Khun and Wooyoung walked pass the living room, also half .

And by half , i mean that they have nothing on except for their boxers. Urgh, i do not deserve this. (a/n: Jieun is so weird huh! I'd die to see them like that :P)

Throwing the remote at JunK who was sprawled on the sofa, i happily trotted into the kitchen only to have my happiness short lived.

On the floor, i could spot a tiny trail of ants crawling towards the living room. Taking a closer look, i realized that someone had spilt something sweet on the floor that was attracting the ants. My gaze went from the trail of ants into the living room where i found Wooyoungie holding a glass of ribena.

"Jang Wooyoung! Come here!" I orded.

"Mworago?" He looked at me confused. Pointing to the floor, it took that 5 year old a few seconds before he realized what was going on. 

"Ah, mianhe ji~" he said nonchalantly before walking away, without even cleaning the mess. I sighed

--

I sighed as i looked down at the bathroom that was currently overflowing with water. I frowned, as i continued to stare at the puddle of water beneath my feet. How in the world was I supposed to clean this mess? 

"YAH, KIM JUNSU, LEE JUNHO, NICHKHUN,OK TAECYEON, HWANG CHANSUNG, JANG WOOYOUNG! PALI NAWA!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Shocked by my tone, all the boys rushed in immediately to see what was going on. One by one, they all stood at the entrance of the bathroom, flabbergasted at the sight of the uncontrollable water flooding before looking at one another and mumbling amongst themselves.

"Wow, what happened?" Chansung asked bluntly as i shot him a stare.

"I was about to ask you guys the same question. Who shaved and clogged the drain AND left the tap running!" I pointed at a few strands of hair floating on the surface.

God, why were they so unhygienic! And worst still, why did i have to handle such things?!

After a few moments of silence, i sighed. 

"Who - clogged - the - bathroom - AGAIN?!" I demanded, glancing at each one of them who all refused to meet my gaze.

"Forget it, " I conceded after awhile. This was totally pointless and going nowhere. 

"Just go back to do your stuff." I waved them off. 

Walking out as well,  i went to the kitchen to grab a few dry towels. Rolling them up, i placed them at the entrance of the bathroom, to prevent the water from further spreading. With heavy footsteps, i then dragged myself up the stairs, into my room.

Picking up my cellphone which was lying on my cream coloured dresser, i started to scroll through my contact list, in search for the plumber's number.

Locksmith - Nope.

Garderner - Nope.

Pest control - Nope.

Ah, plumber.

I stared at the plumber's contact number as i pressed 'call'.

This day cannot get any worst.

---

"Hur-hur, i was wrong. This day is horrible." I muttered to myself while mopping the floor. No matter how many times i constantly did housework, it was never enough. They were always creating new messes at each corner of the house, along with that wretched cat and that stupid chick.

Argh.

I glanced at the muddy cat prints all over the living room and sat down on the floor in defeat. This was so tiring. Not to mention, i still had a lawn waiting to be mowed outside.

Sometimes, i wished that the boys would have more.. initiative. I mean, it wasn't too much to ask them to do their own laundry, right? All you had to do was throw the clothes in, pour some detergent and press a few buttons. Doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Aish, Lee Jieun, why are you grumbling? That's why you're here, isn't it? To be their maid.

Brushing all the negative thoughts to one side, i stood up and continued to mop the floor. After i was done with three levels of mopping, i loaded the washing machine and went to grab the lawn mower from the storage.

--

I looked down as my shoes sank into something soft and slimy. 

'AHHHH! CHANSUNG YAH! YOUR CAT'S DOONG!"  I bellowed, hopping my way towards the doorsteps. Sitting myself down, i examined the damages on my shoes, and most importantly, my precious lawn.

The once beautiful lawn, abundant with flowers of all kind, was now just a land filled with doong mines. 

Aish, jinjja mitchigetda!

"Ay, mianhe Ji.." Chansung sighed, holding jeonggam in one hand and a scoop in the other. "I'll clean it up, okay?"

"I.. AISH..MOLLA." I was feeling so vexed that i totally lost control of my emotions. I could feel my irritation rising and a huge urge to smash everything in sight washed over me. Rushing upstairs, i locked the door and buried myself under the blankets before i could destroy anything.

Tears streamed down my cheeks and slowly it was hard to breathe. I didn't know why i was so irritated or annoyed and why i lost my temper, but i just did. The more i thought, the more i felt useless. Why was i breaking down so easily?

Yah Lee Jieun, what is wrong with you?

Choking on my tears, i tried to shush my cries when i heard someone knocking on my door.

"Jieun ah, Jieun? Open the door dear, are you okay?" A muffled voice called out from behind the door.

"Ji, open the door!" Someone said in English. Probably Khun or Taec. Slowly, one by one different voices were at my door, trying to coax me to come out. However, their voices were making me cringe more with guilt. 

I was such a bad manager.

---

After awhile, i stopped crying and was beginning to feel a little better. Still, i refused to leave my bed and spend the rest of the day cooped inside my room, listening to music and singing my lungs out to a Davinchi song.

Suddenly i heard some shuffling outside my door. Perching myself to the edge of the bed, i stared at the door, anticipating for the voice that would attempt to coax me to come out. Instead, a piece of pink paper slid through the bottom of the door and i could hear the footsteps growing distant.

Curious, i got out of bed and cautiously took the paper in my hands and opened it, only to find a note written with a yellow crayon.