001

My 6 Beasts

 

"YAH! Hwang Chansung! What are you doing?"

 

Jieun was standing at the kitchen door at 3am in her nightgown. She could hear bottles being pushed aside, vegetables being squashed together and plates of leftovers clattering. Someone was raiding HER fridge.

 

---

 

Chansung was happily looking for the soon-to-be-his, cheesecake when suddenly, he heard someone screaming his name.

 

"YAH! Hwang Chansung! What are you doing?"

 

"Omo, what the hell!" Chansung mumbled as he held onto his plate of cheesecake with one hand. Peering out of fridge, he could see the flaring Jieun standing at the kitchen door, with arms akimbo.

 

"Ya, i'm dead." He sighed before letting out a bashful smile to conceal his fear.

 

"What the hell are you doing with that at 3am!" Jieun yelled, pointing to the plate in his hand. The cake was clearly already half eaten.

 

Before she could continue, she felt a pair of warm arms wrap around her waist. Turning around, she could see the half awake Nichkhun mumble.

 

"What's happening?" Nichkhun looked at Jieun and then Chansung and finally back to her again.

 

He let out a small chuckle and then lightly tossled her hair with one hand. 

 

"He just took a piece of cake, forgive him alright?" he said calmly and ever so charmingly.

 

"But." Jieun tried to protested, but before she could, she heard the light switch flicker.

 

All of them stood still in silence immediately and Nichkhun quickly redrew his arms from Jieun  waist. Like as though electrocuted, Chansung jumped up and hid the plate out of view. They were all anticipating the voice of doom to start yelling at them, but instead, all that came out was the voice of the grumpy Wooyoung. 

 

---

 

Wooyoung was fast asleep when he heard voices of people shouting at each other in the kitchen. Muttering a few words of irritation, he flipped to his sides and buried his face into his soft pillow. He tried to ignore it but after tossing and turning for what seemed like forever, he pulled the sheets off him and clambered down his bed to check what was going on.

 

"Yah, what's with the noise!?" Wooyoung groaned with frustration as he the lights, temporarily blinding him as well as everyone else.

 

While his eyes adjusted to the sudden change of brightness, he could make out 3 statue-like figures standing in the kitchen, in one straight row.

 

"Omo, we thought you were Minjae oppa!" Jieun heaved a sigh of relief before going back to lecture Chansung, who innocently thought that he was already off the hook. Before she could start again, Chansung looked at her with his puppy eyes that begged for forgiveness. Jieun had no choice but to resign to him.

 

Finally feeling defeated, she reasoned with them. 

 

"You know that i want the best for you guys. Minjae oppa would never have allowed me to make these desserts for you if i had not promised him to only give it to you occasionally.Just.. don't let him see you guys secretly snacking at this time, alright?" Jieun said, despondent.

 

Jieun shook her head and let out an exasperated sigh before dragging her tired body up the stairs. Entering her room, she laid on my bed and pulled the sheets over my head. She could feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier and within minutes, she fell into deep slumber.

 

----

 

Light was penetrating through the white curtains and streaming in like lazer rays. Junho groaned as he felt someone tap him on his shoulder.

 

"Mmggmh, 5 mins" he mumbled in gibberish.

 

---

 

"Guys, wake up!" I yelled, banging my fist on each respective door.

 

 No response. Aish, these boys sleep like logs!

 

Taecyeon the giant was hugging on tightly to his bolster and looked entirely like a oversized baby. Using all my might, i grabbed his blanket and tried to rip it off his body. Taecyeon grumbled, and pulled the blanket closer towards himself, refusing to let go. He his dry lips for a moment before turning to sleep on his side

 

"Aigoo," i sighed. Desperate, i used all my energy and jumped towards the motionless Taecyeon.

 

"YAH!" He screamed as his eyes shot open. "MWOYAH?"

 

"You didn't want to wake up!" I pouted, getting off him.

 

Two down, four to go!

 

I clambered out of Taecyeon's room and made my way towards Nichkhun's. As i entered this dimmly litted room, i kicked against something hard. Refusing to budge, the object laid on the ground, stationary. I bent down and found a rock-like object lying at my feet, with a blanket snuggly wrapped around it. 

 

"Don't bother, that's Wooyoung."

 

Sitting on the bed was a half-awake Nichkhun. His hair was all over the place and he was wearing nothing but a white singlet and a pair of boxers, which revealed his masculine body.

 

"What's this babo doing in your room?" 

 

Nichkhun shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. 

 

"Breakfast in 20. " I spun around my heel swiftly and exited the room.

 

"Neh."

 

---

Chansung was already sitting on the sofa in the living room in his pajamas, hugging onto his legs and waiting for breakfast to be served when i came downstairs. As usual, he would always be the first to wake up for breakfast. Well he wasn't called a glutton for nothing!

 

"Chansung ah, go call the others for breakfast!" I said as i took the bread out of the toaster.

 

"Neh umma!" 

 

"Sigh, each time they call me umma, i feel even older!" I muttered to myself while taking the toast out of the toaster.

 

"Was i THAT old?" I touched my face and felt for any traces of wrinkles. 

 

Nothing, yet, at least. 

 

Sweeping around the kitchen, i made final touches to all the dishes and proudly brought them out and placed them on the round table which all the members were already gathered at.

 

Chansung was sitting at the table with his fork in one hand, eagerly waiting to eat. Wooyoung on the other hand, was dozing off and had his head on the table.

 

As soon as Minjae oppa sat down, everyone began to dig into their meals. 

 

"Hmm, a little too salty, " Taecyeon said, earning a punch in the stomach from Junho.

 

"Right, how bout you cook eveyone breakfast one day then?" I retorted. 

 

Tsk that 's so ungrateful.

 

"Challenge accepted" Taecyeon folded his arms and smirked, before picking up his toast and continuing to eat.

 

"Hyung, get some bread later while we're out okay?" Junho murmured as he nudged Wooyoung under the table.

 

"Why?" Wooyoung replied, evidently only half awake.

 

"Taecyeon hyung's cooking the next breakfast" Junho remarked. "I guess i better eat my fill today!" He then reached out for another toasted bread with bacon and cheese.