032

My 6 Beasts
 
                                                                   
 
 
 
 

It was one of those rare days where all 6 members of 2PM did not have to go for schedules. Since it has been a while since they last visited a noraebang, Wooyoung suggested that they visit one, along with the 2AM boys, of course. After all, the more the merrier.

As usual, the boys took two separate cars to a less popular noraebang that they frequent. Once they reached, they waited for the others to arrive before going up together.

"Can i have 4 jugs of beer please?" Seulong placed his order before handing the menu back to the staff at the noraebang. 

Meanwhile, Jo kwon and Junho were busy fighting over the remote control while Jieun was texting Jaehyo. Nichkhun and Chansung were already in their own world, humming 'magic girl' by Orange Caramel while doing the tacky hand gestures.

"Hyung! I want 'I am the best!' from 2NE1~" Chansung squished himself besides the two older males.

"Nado!" Jinwoon grinned as his eyes lit up at the mention of 2NE1. Indeed, One Day was filled with crazy 2NE1 fanboys.

After they had went through a series of songs from girl groups like Secret (yes we're talking about shy boy here), SNSD, Sistar and many more the boys decided to let each one of them choose a song they would like to sing, that meant something to them. They also made a bet on who would get the highest points and the loser had to treat all of them to dinner.

First up was the enthusiast, Jo Kwon. He picked up the microphone excitedly from Taecyeon, who was acting as the (extremely shabby) MC for their own 'mini-concert' and headed straight for the remote. As expected, he chose his own song "The Day Of Confessing My Love" and scored a whopping 98 points. 

 

 

 

 

"Aish, i missed that note~" Jo Kwon grumbled sulkily as he handed the microphone to Junsu next. Junsu chose his own song "Alive" too. Changmin and Taecyeon too, chose their own songs. Since everyone was scoring well with their own songs, they decided that they could only sing songs from other artist from now onwards.

After awhile, almost everyone was done with their turn, except for Junho and Jieun.

"Yah, it's your turn." Jo Kwon nudged Jieun who had her eyes glued to her phone. She did join the boys in a little random dance time just now but returned to her seat quietly after feeling tired from not being able to catch up with the 10 sugar-rushed boys. 

"I have to do it too?" She pointed to herself curiously while 10 pairs of eyes stared at her, anticipating.

"Geureom! You have to pay a price for attending this private mini-concert you know? You are one lucky girl." Taecyeon wriggled his eyebrows at her and said smugly.

Jieun rolled her eyes at him being so full of himself before reluctantly picking up the microphone. She loved to sing, but she was never comfortable with singing to anyone, much less a crowd of idols who made a living through singing. She was aware of her singing flaws - her shortness of breath sometimes, her nasal sounds and her not being able to hit some keys made her feel embarrassed and reluctant to sing but nevertheless, she gave it a shot.

Jieun took some time to scroll through the song list. There were so many of her favourite songs, but she wasn't sure which one would make her sound her best.

"Just pick whatever song that means something to you," Seulong placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder while she nodded. Finally, she selected "Excitement" by Hello Venus.

 

 

 

 

I close my eyes but only your face pops up in my mind

I block my ears but it feels like I heard your voice

Each day passes mindlessly with thoughts of you

I think I am lovesick over you

Just by slightly passing by, you make my heart tremble

Each time you breathe, my love increases

The whole world is filled with you

I am such a fool

 

Jieun sang with passion, pacing around the confined room. Everyone kept their eyes glued onto Jieun as her captivating voice flowed through the air. She stood in front of Jinwoon and winked at him, mimicking some of the fan services she learned from the boys. The boys chuckled as Jinwoon pretended to be emotional while Chansung and Wooyoung held him back. 

When she reached the chorus of the song, Jieun shut her eyes tightly and advocated each word clearly, all while only thinking of one person.

 

I love you, do you know?

These are words that my heart says several times a day

Do you know how I can’t confess this to you?

I worry that you’ll break if I take a step toward you

So I stand still – do you know?

 

 

Jieun continued to pace around the room, fooling around with the boys who acted like they were fanboys while she pretended that she was having a concert of her own. Truthfully, she enjoyed it very much. She enjoyed just being carefree and jovial and she was thankful that she could behave like that in front of the boys, even though technically, they were her bosses.

 

I start my day as I draw you out in my mind

Even when I sleep, I only think of you alone

Is this love? Do you know how I feel?

Again today, I talk to myself

This time, she stood at right beside the couch, diagonal from where Junho was sitting. She could feel his gaze piercing through her and occasionally, she could see him try to murmur the lyrics as well. They eyes shyly met for a second and it was the first time the Jieun actually realized how…. how small Junho's eyes were. She tried to surprise her laugher that came naturally after that thought but ended up letting out a cute snort. Junho frowned at her for a moment, as though he knew what was running through her mind before smiling back sweetly at her again.

I love you, do you know?

These are words that my heart says several times a day

Do you know how I can’t confess this to you?

I worry that you’ll break if I take a step toward you

So I stand still – do you know?

Again today, these are the words I push back

The words that my heart say

I love you

 

I love you, do you know?

These are words that my heart says several times a day

Do you know how I can’t confess this to you?

I worry that you’ll break if I take a step toward you

So I stand still – do you know?

 

Once the song ended, she was greeting with a huge wave of applause as the boys shouted out all the praising words they knew in english.

"Brabo!" 

"Jal haesseo!"

"Gotjuice!" 

"Pantestic, marboluz!" Jo Kwon was the most enthusiastic one as usual and clapped wildly as Jieun returned to her seat. 

From the corner of her eye, she could spot Junho who was sitting 3 seats away, smiling at her, looking very proud.

"Everyone, shall we check the score?" Taecyeon announced, blocking the monitor from showing Jieun's score. "Hana, teul, set….wah! 95!"

"Omo," Jieun gasped as she looked at the unbelievable score in front of her eyes. That had to be the highest she has ever gotten.

"Okay, moving on. Our last performance for the night is by uri Junho-goon. But there's some feedback here saying that we shouldn't let him sing." Taecyeon grinned mischievously. 

"Ah wae was was!" Junho grumbled at his hyung.

"Because you have had far too many solo concerts in the bathroom at 4AM." Wooyoung wriggled his eyebrows at Junho who was now turning red at all the teases. 

"Araso, araso.." Taecyeon laughed before proceeding. "Let us now invite uri Junho-goon!" He announced dramatically as though he was giving away a Daesung award or something.

Junho ended up choosing "When i Can't Sing" by Se7en.

 

 

 

 

 

Even if I lose everything, if my popularity drops

Even if I can’t sing, if I get a different job

Will you still be able to love me for who I am?

Do you know that who I am on screen isn’t really my everything? (Do you know?)

Do you know that my overflowing confidence makes me even more anxious? (Do you know?)

Standing under the flashing lights, there is a thick shadow behind me

Even if I lose everything, if my popularity drops

Even if I can’t sing, if I get a different job

Will you still be able to love me for who I am?

 

You say that you love me but

Am I really who you love? (Am I?)

You say that you fell for me but

Am I really the one who made you fall for me? (Am I?)

When you are in my arms, looking at me

I want to ask you these questions

Even if I lose everything, if my popularity drops

Even if I can’t sing, if I get a different job

Will you still be able to love me for who I am?

 

Someday, the day will come (the day will come)

I’ll come down from the stage where the cheers have decreased

As my shoulders droop down (shoulders droop down)

My head hung low (even then)

Will you stand by my side?

 

Even if I lose everything, if my popularity drops

Even if I can’t sing, if I get a different job

Will you still be able to love me for who I am?

I want to ask you…

Throughout the song, Junho kept his eyes fixed on no one else but Jieun. Those were the words that came from his heart. Listening to the lyrics, Jieun subconsciously nodded her head, as though replying. It was her way of saying that she would stay by his side, that she would love him for who he was. 

"Uwaah! Junho jjang!"Nichkhun held up two thumbs at the younger male while the rest made wolf whistles, as though teasing him for his rather obvious song dedication.

With that, the boys packed up and prepared  to head over for dinner that was to be treated by Chansung who scored a (disgracing) 51 points by choosing "Sign" by BEG and dancing ally along to it. 

Very disturbing indeed.

Before they left, Wooyoung purposely brushed pass Junsu as they exchanged high-fives. He did the same for the rest of the members as well.

"Plan "realization", succeed!" Wooyoung grinned to himself.

---

"Excuse me, i needa pee." Jieun announced as she stood up from the table and left.

As soon as she was out of sight, the boys wasted no time to confront Junho.

"Uwaah, jashik! Very sneaky huh!" Jo Kwon playfully punched Junho in the shoulder with a little more force then he expected, causing him to choke on his soup.

"Eyy hyung don't choke! You're wasting my money! Eat properly!" The maknae nagged as he watched the soup splatter all over the table.

After he was done with his 'near-death' choking crisis, Junho shot Chansung a death glare that earned quite a few laughs from the others. "Yah, your hyung almost died and all you care about is your money."

"Aish, don't change the subject! Pali, tell us before Jieun gets back."

"Tell you what?" Junho stared quizzically at Jo Kwon who was now dying out of curiosity.

"Abou-"

"Yeah, tell me too! What are you talking about?" Jieun interrupted, walking back to her seat, earning disappointed looks from each of them. When she realized that the boys were now dead silent and shooting looks at each other, she frowned. "Waegurae, i want to know the secret too.."

"Aniya.." Junsu laughed nervously while nudging Taecyeon under the table, signally the master of deception for help.

"We were just discussing on how Changmin hyung works out, nothing you would like to know, right?" He said casually while chomping on a piece of me.

"Ew, i hate exercising." Jieun scrunched her nose in distaste at the thought of any physical activity. 

"Pig." Junho laughed while Jieun playfully slapped his arm.

--

I knew it! Look at them. Seriously someone look at them and tell me they're not in love!

Aish, now what? 

Is Junho putting vegetables on her plate? Yah, that's Khun hyung's job! They need to stop acting all lovey dovey, it's making my toes cringe. No, i am not jealous. Okay, maybe just a little. But no, they have to stop it or i won't be able to continue eating the heap of food that Chansungie is paying for.

Eyy what stupid plan did i come up with.

"Woo, gwaenchana?" Jieun's voice broke my train of thoughts. "Why are you biting on your spoon?" 

I looked down and immediately removed the spoon that i have been subconsciously gnawing. 

What am i doing? 

I shook my head and gave a fake grin to seem normal.

Bzz Bzz

 

[Khunnie hyung]

I know, sickening isn't it? Don't worry, we all feel the goosebumps too. Our lives lack love ㅠ ㅠ 

 

I chuckled silently at the message and looked up to see Taecyeon hyung and Khun hyung making faces behind the napkin they were holding.

This is going to take some getting used to.

 


 

 

 

 

Hai.

Omg guise, you do not know how much i went through just to FINALLY be able to post this up. I've approximately tried about 10 times? AFF hates me.  So sorry for the delay and thank you for being patient! /hands out cookies. 

Anyways, i've go no gifs for you guys but i've got a very special shoutout to my 'autistic' sibling HYUKanchovy! Yes, i am shamelessly promoting here.   If you are a fan of EXO and umm bacon, do check out her story here!

Thanks guise!  xx