020

My 6 Beasts

 

 

Throughout the past month, 2PM had been doing their Asia tour, traveling from country to country.

With practice and press conferences piling up, the boys had simply no time to rest at all. They rushed for one day concerts - arriving in the morning and praticing till the concert starts, before flying back to Korea again. And when they were lucky enough to stay for a few days, they’d find something amiss - Jieun.

Jieun stayed behind in Korean while they went about their tour. She had her own break then. She went back to visit her family, got to hang out with her high school friends and mostly did the things she wanted to, but had no time to.

She liked her carefree life, but she missed the 6 boys that turned her life upside down - in a good way, of course.

---

“Omo!” I sat up while looking at the clock in my hand. “It’s 6AM already?”

I stretched my body a little before clambering out of bed quickly. I had only 1 hour left!

I rushed into the toilet and took a quick bath before picking an outfit to wear - all these while still wrapped with only a towel,something I could rarely do when the boys were around. After I got dressed, I began to check around the house to see if anything needed tidying. The bathroom and kitchen were all speckless and each of their bedrooms had fresh curtains and bedsheets on, jeonggam had been groomed and ppiyak’s cage had been cleaned.

Everything is done!

Time check - 7AM.

The boys should be landing in Korea by now! Idling around the house, I decided to go grab some coffee and get the mail as well. I slipped on the grey hoodie Khun bought for me in Thailand and put on my satin flats before grabbing my bag and leaving the house.

“Ah, the weather is beautiful~” I spun around with my arms wide open, digressing the fact that I looked like a total lunatic.

I hummed to the tune of roly poly, one of my new favourites.

So caught up with the song, I accidentally knocked Into someone.

“Oh I’m so sorry!” I quickly bowed. 

Oh why was I such a klutz!

“Ah, neh it’s.. It’s okay.” the man said, straightening his black blazer and adjusting his shades.

Weird… Why does that voice sound so familiar? Where have I heard it-

“Jieun?”

I looked up and found the man looking at me, inquisitively. My eyes widen and I was about to ask him who he was when he took off his shades.

“It’s really you right, Jieun?” he let out a small awkward chuckle as I nodded my head reluctantly.

“Woah, it’s been a long time huh. How have you been?” he said so nonchalantly, annoying every atom of my being.

How can he just speak..so casually?!

“Jieun?” his voice rang at my ears, breaking my train of thoughts.

“Ah, neh, i’ve been..”

Bad? Depressed? Suicidal? Mental? Hurt? Delusional? Inconsolable?

“…good.” I managed to mutter. He nodded and was about to ask another question when his phone rang.

Amen.

“Yoboseyo? Kim Taehoon speaking. Ah neh. Yeah, algesubnida. I’ll be right over.”

Once the call ended, he stuffed his phone in his back pocket - like always, and looked up at me again.

“Sorry Jieun, I have to head back to the office, something cropped up.”

Why do you need to apologize to me? Tch, I’m not your girlfriend anyway.

“It’s okay, you should go, it sounds urgent.” I abruptly said and tried to briskly walk off but to my utmost dismay, he called me again.

Urgh sheesh.

What does he want now?

I rolled my eyes and scrunched my face before rearranging my features into a bright, happy countenance and turning around again.

“Give me your number? Maybe we could catch up one day?” he said tentatively.

Sure we could catch up one day. We could meet over coffee and i could tell you how much pain you caused me and you could tell me how many new girlfriends you’ve had. How bout that huh?

Bastard.

“Uhh…” I hesitated, hoping that he would get the hint but as i expected, he didn't and instead, he shoved his phone in my hand and stared at me eagerly, waiting for me to punch in my number.

I was contemplating if I should give him a random, fake number, Ju seob oppa’s number or mine. But being the good person I was, I eventually gave him my number, praying with every ounce of what was left my religious being, that he would eventually forget about having my number and leaving me alone.

After I was done, I glanced at the phone in my hand nervously before passing it back to him. While he reached for his phone, his fingers brushed against mine and my stomach started to feel queasy, as though a million butterflies had just been let lose.

It felt weird, and familiar…

“Thanks Eunnie-ah, I’ll call you some day okay?”

Eunnie.

He called me Eunnie.

Kim Taehoon called me Eunnie again.

Eunnie.

 

Flashback

"Eunnie ah~" Taehoon oppa perched himself at the edge of my bed and smiled.

"Neh oppa? What is it? I'm busy," I pouted while spinning around on my chair to face him.

"Nothing~" He smiled nonchalantly while i frowned at his silly antics.

"Eunnie ah~"

"Sigh, yes oppa?" I spun around once again to face him. I was rushing to hand in an assignment and his silly antics were certainly not helping!

Taehoon oppa laughed at my frustrated face and reached out for my hand. He pulled me closer before wrapping his arms around my waist and looking directly in my eyes. My heart was about to implode any moment now. It was amazing how even after 1 year, his touch still never fails to give me butterflies in my tummy.

"I love you," He tighten his grip around my waist and pulled me in for a hug before pecking me lightly on my lips.

End of flashback

 

“Ah… Geu..geurae..” I stuttered before i quickly spun on my heels and walked away.

But inside?

I could feel my heart thumping faster and fasted and a sharp tingling feeling rising at the bottom of my stomach.

No. No. No. I am over him. Yes I am. Stop thinking bout Taehoon!

But his slender lips, they still look the same as before, they tas-

NOOOOO. 

Sheesh what am I doing?!

I smacked my head while walking, trying to erase the thoughts I had.

Bzz bzz.

I dug into my pocket and retrieved my phone.

Bzz bzz.

Bzz bzz.

Woah, what was with the overloading of messages. I was wondering who it could be when it struck me - WHAT IF IT WAS HIM?

Suddenly, I started to feel scared and reluctant to open the messages so I slipped my phone back into my pocket again and decide to ignore it. I went and bought my caramel frappe before deciding to give the mails a miss and head home instead.

Bzz bzz.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket once again. My footsteps quicken while I tried to focus on something else instead.

I have walked pass 16 trees so far.

Bzz bzz.

I think yellow birds are pretty.

Bzz bzz

The weather is goo-

Bzz bzz

I should-

Bzz bzz bzz.

“Aish!” I retrieved my phone from my pocket, highly irritated. The vibration was so annoying!

I frowned as I pressed the ‘unlock’ button and opened up my inbox.

[10 NEW MESSAGES]

 

[Junho]

Ji! Uri wasseo~ See you at home!

 

[Taec]

Gongjunim, do you want anything from duty free? Reply ASAP or I’m leaving w/o a pressie.

 

Present! Just nice, I really needed a new perfume.

[Taec]

Ya! Reply me quickly, Ju seob hyung is rushing us out of the airport.

 

[Taec]

Ah too bad you idiot. I left already. See you at home ㅋㅋ

 

 

“Nooooo… My perfume!” I sighed. I should have replied my messages, urgh. 

I kicked the pile of leaves that were on the floor and pouted. Before I realized, I had walked to the park that was opposite our house. I went to the nearer bench I saw and sat down to continue reading the messages.

 

[Chansungie]

Umma! How is ggeonggam? He misses me doesn’t he? ㅋㅋ Tell him I’m coming home!

 

Psh. All you think about is that cat and not me huh. Stupid Hwang Chansung.

 

[Doojoon Oppa]

Jieun-ah, is my jacket in the house? I think I left it there the last time I came over with Seobie ㅠㅠ it’s my favourite ㅠㅠ

 

"Yes it is Doojoon Oppa, i washed it for you already." I muttered out loud while reading my messages. 

Once i was done, i slipped my phone back into my pocket and threw my empty frappe into the bin. I crossed the road and soon, made my way back home.

--

"The boys must be home," I smiled as i noticed the pairs of shoes messily placed all over the floor. I reached for my bag and fumbled among the detritus within for my keys. Once i unlocked the door and pushed it open, something attacked my straight in the face.

"AHHHH!" I screamed.

'BOOOOO!" Wooyoung screamed as the pillow hit my face.

"YAHHHH!" I bellowed when i realized Wooyoung standing in front of me grinning. Did he just throw a pillow at me?

Oh Jang Wooyoung, you are so dead.

"AHHHH!" He began to ran once he saw me convulsing with anger. How dare he throw a pillow at me! 

Wooyoung ran into the living room and immediately hid behind Taecyeon, who was busy finding food from the fridge. 

"She's out to kill me hyung!" He exclaimed, melodramatically.

I rolled my eyes. "Umm, let's get this straight. You threw a pillow at me. Who's tryna kill who now huh?" I pointed out.

"You did what?" Junho walked down the stairs and joined us at the kitchen. "Yah, how could you throw a pillow at Ji!" he denfended on my behalf.

"That's because she wasn't home when we came back! She promised!" Wooyoung whined as he stepped out from hiding behind Taec. 

"Oh…." Junho nodded. He looked at me and shook his head disapprovingly. 

"Bwoyah? Since when did i promise you?! " I scowled.

I wasn't exactly in the best of moods now since i bumped into Taehoon oppa again. 

"Woah, okay, calm down." Wooyoung raised his hands up and backed away from me. "But you did promise..." I heard him softly mutter while walking away.

"Someone's not very happy today," Taec said in a sing-song tone and whistled while he too, went up stairs.

Argh. 

I took a deep breath and sighed before going to my room. 

--

Knock knock

"Come in," I mumbled, sitting up from my bed.

"Are you okay?" Junho creeped behind the door and cautiously walked over to my bed before sitting down.

"Neh," I lied. 

Junho frowned and lightly hit me on my head.

"Yah! What's that for?" I pouted as i rubbed my head. "It hurts!"

"That's what you get when you lie to me, Lee Jieun." 

"Aish, yo-"

Bzz bzz.

I reached over the edge of my bed and was about to grab my phone when Junho beat me to it. Unlocking my phone, he started to read my message.

 

[Unknown number]

Eunnie, it was nice seeing you again. We should meet up soon! 

Junho read the message out loud and frowned. 

"Who's that?" 

"Urhm.." 

.

"Eunnie? Is that your nickname?" Junho asked inquisitively while i nodded. "How come i never knew you had this nickname?" 

"That's 'cos, no one else calls me that besides…never mind." I snatched back my phone from him and switched it off before placing it on my night stand.

"Because?" His voice started to sound estranged and tense.

"Nothing."

"Tell me."

"Nothing."

"Tell me." Junho arched closer. He glanced at the phone for a moment with ferocity reflecting in his eyes. He looked different for a second.

"Because only Taehoon oppa calls me that," I finally said, almost exasperated. I sighed and slouched back into bed, pulling the sheets to my chest and hugging my bolster. 

"You should go to bed," I waved him off. 

"You met him today?" Junho asked again, ignoring my previous comment.

"Bumped, into him." I corrected him. "And yeah, we did." 

"How did he get your number?"

"He asked me for it."

"And you gave it to him?" Junho asked incredulously, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah… wae?" 

"Why would you even do that? After what… after what he did to you? God, Jieun you're unbelievable!" Junho cursed, suddenly sounding very agitated.

"What's wrong with you?! Why can't i give him my number huh?" My voice started to rise as i glared at him. Who does he think he is to tell me what i can or cannot do?! He's not the boss of me!

I didn't understand why he was behaving like this, acting so… possessive?

Urgh.

Junho was about to say something again but stopped when he found me staring at him, eyes filled with tears.

At that instance, i felt so messed up inside. On one hand, memories of Taehoon oppa and i were flashing through my mind and driving me insane. On the other, Junho was getting all cranky and bossy with me, which i hated. And he too, seemed pissed off for no apparent reason. I didn't understand why he was behaving like that though, but his tone really scared me.

Without saying a word, Junho stood up and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

--

"Aish! this!" Junho cursed, slamming the door behind him. He made his way to his room, which was directly across Jieun's. He sat on his bed and frustratedly ran his fingers through his hair. 

Was i too harsh with Jieun?

Did i hurt her feelings?

But what did they say when they meet? 

Why would she even give him her number?!

Thoughts were bombarding his mind and soon, he was like a typhoon, destroying everything in the way. He threw his pillow on the ground and swept his table of everything in an instance. A picture frame lying on his night stand became a victim of his as well. He didn't understand why he felt this rage inside of him, it wasn't like him to throw such a temper either. But something was boiling inside of him.

Was he feeling indignant?

Or was it Jealousy?

Junho sighed and plonked himself on his bed. He closed his eyes and tried to think of happy thoughts. He tried to sing one of 2AM's ballads to calm himself down. But despite all his attempts, he felt imbalanced inwards. I

It killed him just at the thought of Taehoon getting a chance to hurt Jieun again, or rather still, him even getting a chance to get close to her.