021

My 6 Beasts

 

“Hyung, did you hear all the ruckus Junho goon was making last night? Do you know what happened?” Wooyoung frowned.

He was sprawled on the sofa, still dressed in his PJs while Khun was sitting on the floor beside.

Nichkhun yawned and rubbed his eyes groggily, before shaking his head.

“I don’t know what happened but I definetly heard the noise though.”

“I thought that jashik was gonna tear the house down,” Junsu said with a hint of annoyance lingering in his voice.

“Aish, move.” Junsu lightly kicked Wooyoung’s legs who were currently occupying the whole sofa. Wooyoung redrew his legs and made space for his grumpy hyung immediately, almost as if on cue. After all, nobody likes an angry Daegu mafia boss.

“I think it has something to do with Jieun though,” Taec added, joining Khun on the floor.

Why so?” Khun raised an eyebrow.

I heard them screaming at each other last night while I was on my way to get water from the kitchen,”

Yeah yeah, I too. I too. I hear too.” Wooyoung eagerly said, feeling rather please with himself for being able to understand a little of the conversation.

Junsu on the other hand, couldn’t be leas bothered to decipher the foreign message.

“Yah! Korean!”

“I said-” Taec rolled his eyes and was about to repeat the story when Jieun came downstairs.

The boys looked at each other silently before staring at Jieun.

“Mwo?”

---

Omo.

Omo.

No.

Who is this monster in my room?

No.

No.

My fingers brushed across the surface of my cold, hard mirror as I stared at it.

I had these horrendous eyebags under my eyes!

ARGHHHHHHH.

I shouldn’t have cried so hard last night.

Sigh.

Please go away?

I shut my eyes tightly and prayed, hoping that once I opened my eyes, those horrendous things would be gone. Dear pretty goddess, i'm not wishing to be pretty but just make these eyebags go away? Please? 

I slowly peaked at my reflection again.

Nope, still there.

Urgh.

I gathered my hair into a ponytail and hurriedly slapped on some bb cream and concealer before making my way downstairs.

I wonder if Junho was awake…

Yeah yeah! I too. I heard too.” i heard wooyoungie’s fail english from downstairs.

I wonder what they were talking about!

“Mwo?” I stuttered.

I was taken aback at the 5 pairs of eyes staring at me when I reached the bottom of the stairs.

“What. Are. You. Idiots. Staring. At?” I said slowly, pointing to them.

“Ah. Uh nothing,” Junsu waved me off and grinned.

Weirdo.

“Woah, Jieun, what happened to your…. ” Chansung was cut off even before he could finish his sentence.

“OMG, JIEUN WHY DO YOU LOOK SO UGLY TODAY?” Taec yelled, his hands clutching both sides of his face.

“YAH.” I frowned and smacked him. “How can you call me ugly!”

“Owwww,” Taec whined. I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed.

Ignoring the commotion behind, i went to the kitchen to grab myself some breakfast. After I had my breakfast, I went upstairs again.

Junho hasn’t left his room yet, has he?

I eyed his bedroom door which was now tightly shut and sighed.

Was he still angry with me?

It wasn’t him being angry with me that was the problem. The problem was, I don’t even know why!

“Aish,” I grumbled, deciding to wipe those confusing thoughts out of my head.

I went into my room and locked the door. I opened a fresh pack of mask and placed it on my face before relaxing on my bed.

Hopefully this helps with those nasty bags!

Bzz bzz.

Hmm? Who could that be?

I leaned over my bed and reached for my phone.

[Hamstergyu]

My dearest girl, what are you doing tonight?

 

[To Hamstergyu]

Nothing Oppa, wae? Do you want to bring me out? ㅋㅋ

 

[Hamstergyu]

Sorta. It’s Woohyun goon’s birthday today, we are having a surprise party for him, do you want to come? ㅋㅋ

[To Hamstergyu]

Neh! I’d love to! What time is it?

 

I bounced up and down my bed excitedly. A surprise party!

I love being part of a parties, especially surprise parties! Yknow, cuz the party doesn’t start till I walk in ~

Ohmygod I’m such a geek.

Hm, what should I wear later? Something casual? Or something dressy? Jeans and a tank top? Or maybe a dress?

I was busy thinking of what to wear when I heard a knock on my door.

“Come in,”

“Ji, did Sunggyu hyung- Oh what is that!” Wooyoung pointed at me in shock once he looked up from his phone.

“It’s call a mask and you put in on your face to make your skin look nicer. So now would you please calm your balls?” I rolled my eyes and him and peeled the mask off - it was about time anyway.

“I know what a mask is Ji, I have loads of ‘em too.” Wooyoung grinned. “Anyways, did Sunggyu hyung text you about Woohyun hyung’s surprise party?”

“Neh. I can’t wait~” I said in a singsong tone.

“Nado!”

“Alright, go round up the boys and get ready then. We should go earlier to help out before people start coming!” I instructed, pushing him out of my room and shutting my door behind him.

“But I’m hungry,” he pouted, holding the door open with one hand.

“No buts!”

“But-“

“GO!”

---

“Yah, hurry up!” Taecyeon yelled from the living room. He was already all dressed up and ready to go while the others were still taking their own sweet time. Nichkhun was the first to descend with his classic red backpack after Taecyeon hollered, followed by the Daegu ajusshi.

“Are the rest ready?” Jieun sat beside Taecyeon and fumble through her bag.

From her bag, she whipped out her lipgloss and replied it to her luscious, pink lips. Taking one glance at her reflection from Taecyeon’s raybans, she smackered her lips and smiled.

Stop checking yourself out man,” Nichkhun chuckled in amusement.

Jieun rolled her eyes.

Finally, Chansung and Wooyoung came to the living room as well.

“Is Mr grumpypants not coming with us?” Jieun counted and realized that Junho was not gathered here. Her face scrunched a little as she thought about him still possibly being angry with her.

Just then, Junho scurried down the stairs, 3 steps at a time and hastily wore his shoes.

“Ka!” he panted. It was only when nobody moved did he realize that they were all not rushing for time - like Wooyoung had told him.

“Umm okay..Let’s go then?” Jieun said, pointing towards the door.

Taecyeon and Nichkhun went to fetch the cars and the boys were divided such that Junsu, Chansung, Wooyoung and Taecyeon took one car while Jieun, Junho and Nichkhun took the other.

“Aigooo, let me help you with it you pabo,” Jieun laughed at the sight of Junho fumbling with his sleeves. Junho had one sleeve e and haphazardly rolled up while the other was completely down.

Jieun asked for him to reach his arm out before she gently rolled up his sleeves and straightened his collar.

“There, all done~” Jieun smiled and clasped her hands together.

Colour was already rushing to Junho’s cheeks while he muttered a soft “thank you”. Jieun nodded and started to blush at his sudden politeness as well.

Unbeknown to them, Nichkhun who was at the front driving had witnessed it all. Shaking his head, he silently laughed while watching them from his rear view mirror.

Kids.

— 

“Sunggyu-“

“SHHHHHH.” He placed a finger to his lip and pushed them out of the house, carefully shutting the door behind him.

“Wow, not gonna invite us in huh?” Junsu grimaced.

“Aniyo, it’s just that its a surprise party, remember? Geuraeso, I need one person to be a decoy and keep him occupied for a few hours while we decorate~” he grinned widely after detailedly explaining his masterplan.

“What do you guys think? Who’s gonna volunteer?” His arms were folded while he looked at each of them.

No one moved.

The boys glanced at each other and then at Jieun. It would be gay if they went out with Woohyun alone and they would have nothing to say and would most probably give the plan away so they all relied on Jieun.

“Mwo?” Jieun smacked Taecyeon. “Stop staring at me!”

---

Jieun had no idea how they managed to convince her to come but here she was, at Kangdae with Woohyun now.

“So why did you suddenly ask me out?” Woohyun grinned as he nudged Jieun.

Jieun rolled her eyes and secretly thanked god that what came out of his mouth this time was something proper, not some greasy, revolting pick up line again.

Woohyun had been exerting all his greasiness on Jieun for the past hour now and she was about this close to wanting to hit him in the face, hard. His pick up lines and heart throwing were getting on her nerves now, but as much as god forbade, she still had another hour with Namgrease.

“Nothing, I was bored at home,” She tried to make it sound like she was completely unaware of his birthday.

Woohyun mumbled a disappointed “oh” as his chest deflated. Jieun giggled inwardly at the sight of his dejected face. She wanted so much to take a photo of his expression right now!

 

"You don't know what day it is today?" Woohyun tried to hint again. 

 

"Ummm…" Jieun seemed like she was thinking hard. "Ah! I know!"

 

Woohyun's face lit up as he anticipated her answer but his expression soon turned gloomy again.

 

"It's Friday, right?" Jieun smiled innocently at Woohyun which frustrated Woohyun even more. He was going berserk at the fact that Jieun didn't know his birthday was today. 

 

Bzz Bzz

 

Jieun felt her cellphone buzz in her pocket. She prayed that it was Sunggyu telling her that she could escape her misery and bring Woohyun back home now.

 

[Hamstergyu]

 

Ji~ You can SLOWLY make your way back now. No earlier then 7 PM okay? See you ^^

 

Jieun smiled to herself as she stuffed her phone back into her pocket while Woohyun continued to pout. 

 

"Where shall we go next?" Jieun tugged on his arm. As if he was bipolar, Woohyun grinned and pointed to a nearby mall that was bustling with people.

 

"Kaja~" 

 

--

 

After shopping for about another 20 minutes, Jieun decided that it was time to bring Woohyun home. Lugging her shopping bags with her, 3 bags to be exact, she boarded the bus. She sat beside the window while Woohyun sat on the outer seat. Once the bus started moving, she began to rummage through her shopping bags.

 

"What are you doing?" Woohyun raised an eyebrow at her.

 

"I have honestly no idea what i bought!" Jieun scrunched her face a little while she continued to dig through her shopping bags. Woohyun chuckled and held her hand, preventing her from continuing. 

 

"Well, you bought 2 tops, a black strapless dress and a pair of heels," he smiled before letting her hand go. " There, problem solved!" 

 

Jieun stared blankly at him as she wondered how he knew what she bought when she herself didn't know.

 

"I chose most of the stuff for you, remember?" Woohyun simply said, as though almost reading her mind. Jieun nodded and closed her eyes while resting her head on the window. Soon enough, she fell asleep. 

 

Woohyun glanced at her and smiled when he found her fast asleep on his shoulders. Somehow her position moved, but he was liking it anyways. She looked so peaceful sleeping, her small mouth curled into a relaxed smiled and her eyes tightly shut. Woohyun smiled, leaning his head against hers and finally falling asleep as well.

 

--

 

"Jieun, do you have a map?" Woohyun asked, staring at Jieun. Jieun pressed the close button on the lift before facing Woohyun and shaking her head at his absurd question. She raised an eyebrow at him and wondered what new antics he was going to come up with again.

 

"Why do you need a map, Nam Woohyun?" 

 

"Cuz i just got lost in your eyes," Woohyun said huskily. He wriggled his eyebrows and grinned at Jieun.

 

"YAH. You need to stop being greasy omg!" Jieun furiously hit Woohyun on his arm while he winced in pain.

 

Dingggg~

 

The duo walked up to Woohyun's house and he was about to open the door when Jieun stopped him. Jieun stuffed her shopping bags to him and made him hold it while she fumbled with her phone.

 

[To Hamstergyu]

 

The tree is in the house! I repeat, the tree is in the house! 

 

She pressed the 'send' button and tapped on her phone impatiently while waiting for Sunggyu's reply.

 

bzz bzz

 

[Hamstergyu]

 

Roger that. The forest is clear, ready for deforestation.

 

"Yaaaah, can we go in now?" Woohyun whined while he swung the shopping bags around. 

 

"Yep, kaja~" Jieun took her shopping bags back from Woohyun and pushed him to the door. Once they entered the house, they found themselves engulfed in darkness. The curtains were all down to prevent sunlight from coming in and there wasn't a single soul in sight. Jieun made a mental note to stand 2 inches behind Woohyun in case someone decided to scare them, and knowing the boys well, she knew they would. 

 

As if almost on cue, someone shouted and Woohyun screamed.

 

"BOOOOOOO!"

 

"AHHHHHHH!" Woohyun screamed once he felt someone grabbing his leg, followed by something squishy on his face. The lights were switched on and standing in from of him was his fellow members and 2PM, all grinning widely.

 

Woohyun's eyebrows furrowed together for a moment before he figured out what was going on. Wiping off the cake with his hand, he tried to put some on Jieun's face. Dropping her shopping bags, Jieun shrieked and immediately, ran to hide behind Junho. 

 

"Saengilchulka habnida~ Saengilchulka habnida~ Saranghaneun Woohyunie, saengilchulka habnida!" Everyone sang as Dongwoo ushered the cake out. Woohyun made a wish and blew the candles before thanking everyone.

 

"No fair, why didn't you cry!" Dongwoo pouted as he recalled his very own surprise party as well.

 

"Crying, is for the weak~" Woohyun teased.

 

After they all settled down and Woohyun cleaned up, Junho and Jieun helped to cut and distribute the cake. 

 

"Have you had a piece yet?" Junho asked, his eyes not leaving the cake. Jieun shook her head while passing the plate to L. Hearing thet, Junho took a bit of cake on his  index finger and offered it to Jieun.

 

"Say Ahhhhhh~" he cooed.

 

"Ahhh~" Jieun laughed as she ate the cake directly from Junho's finger, not forgetting to playfully bite his finger in the process.

 

"Ouch! Wah, you bad girl!" Junho wrapped his arms around Jieun, preventing her from escaping while he dotted her face with whipped cream.

 

 

Behind them, Sunggyu had witnessed their moment together and was now shaking his head at their little antics. He knew that something was definitely up with the both of them.

 

It had been ages since he saw Jieun smiling like that again. She looked really happy, for once. He could tell, it wasn't a facade anymore but a genuine smile.


 A/N: A little somethin' somethin' for our dear Namgrease! Happy belated birthday! Also, Happy belated birthday to our dear General Hwang! ^^