030

My 6 Beasts

 

 

"Is this washing detergent?" Taec frowned at the packet of powder he had in his hand before showing it to the younger male. 

Junho rolled his eyes and nodded. Shopping with Taecyeon has been nothing but torture. He was a total idiot when it came to household stuff.  And as Jieun would have said it, he was a good example of brawns without brains.

"I think that's it then," Taec looked up from the shopping list he was given and started to push the trolley towards the cashier, much to Junho's relieve. One more moment in this supermarket with that idiot and he would have lost it.

--

FINALLY. 

Finally it was over. You have no idea how horrible it was shopping with hyung. He is a total idiot i tell you, a total idiot. I mean, who can't tell the difference between a grapefruit and an orange?!

 I was this close to strangling him.

"You're back?" Chansung greeted from the sofa where he was busy munching on a banana.

"Yeah, come help." 

"Araso," He nodded and stuffed the last bit of banana into his mouth before running to throw the skin away. Grabbing the bags of groceries from us, he placed it on the kitchen counter while he unpacked.

"Where's Jieun?" I causally asked while putting the cans of beer and soft drinks into the fridge. She was usually in the living room, if not at the backyard or her room.

"Molla, i'll go check." Taec hyung said, removing his shirt as he went upstairs.

A few moments later, he came down in a white singlet and some shorts. "She's not in her room." He said before plonking himself on the sofa and switching on the television. 

She wasn't in her room? But she wasn't in the backyard either. I frowned as i made my way upstairs to ask the other hyungs of her whereabouts. Maybe it was because of that incident but i feel very uneasy when she's out of my sight for too long now. It's like if i let her be on her own again, something bad will happen to her.

And i won't allow anything to happen to her, ever again.

"Hyung, yah hyung!" I shook Khun hyung. 

He stirred in his sleep and turned around, muttering a few incoherent words before turning his back towards me.

"Hyunggg.." I called again, jabbing his sides.

"Mwo.." He mumbled groggily, slowly opening his eyes.

"Where's Jieun?"

"Wasn't she in her room?" He mumbled, tugging onto his pillow. 

"No? Did she tell you she was going out?"

Khun hyung shook his head before waving me off as he turned to go back to sleep again.

Still hoping to get a favorable answer, i went into Junsu hyung and Woo's room but none of them knew where Jieun was. I was starting to get worried.

-- 

It's been 3 hours and she still wasn't back yet. 

And even better, that stupid girl left her phone in her room.

"Aish, if she doesn't come back in the next hour, i'm going to file a missing person report." I groaned, running my hands through my hair. This was driving me crazy.

"Hyung, it has to be more than 48 hours before you can file a report. Besides, Jieun is a grown up, she'll be fine." Maknae looked at me, seeming unconcerned at Jieun's disappearance. 

Okay, maybe not disappearance. Her absence.

"Junho, calm down. She'll be back soon, i'm sure."  Khun said, looking up from his newspaper. 

"Hmm, since when was he so concerned about her?" Taec hyung commented, raising an eyebrow while Khun hyung shot him a dirty glare. "What.."

"Aish, i'm going to look for her." I couldn't take it anymore. One more minute of waiting and i will tear the house down. I stood up and walked out of the house despite the others objection.

"Hyung, but it's not-" Maknae tried to protest. 

SLAM

"..even an hour yet.."

 

--

"Don't mess my hair up!" I frowned while Jaehyo wrapped his arms around my shoulder. 

"Whatever girl , you look ugly either way," He said nonchalantly, earning a scowl from me. 

Nuh-uh, nobody calls Lee Jieun ugly. 

"Can you let go now? I can't breathe." I nudged him while we strolled around the park. From the corner of my eye, i could see someone sprinting around frantically, as though he was looking for something important. "Yah Jaehyo, does that person look familiar to you?" I pointed.

Jaehyo squinted. "Hmm, he does look a little familiar. I might have seen him somewhere before. He looks rather panicky though." 

"He does right? Ah, whatever." I waved off as we approached a bench. "Let's sit, i'm tired."

"Lazy ."

"Shut up Jaehyo. I'm not the one who drank 4 cups of coffee just because he was lazy to leave the cafe."

"Tsk, you're so unladylike when you talk. How are you ever going to find a boyfriend at this rate?"  He mocked, pinching my cheeks. 

"Pfft, worry about yourself first, idiot." I stuck out my tongue at him while rubbing my sore cheeks. "And don't ever pinch my cheeks like that again or i will cut you." I glared at him.

"Araso~" He gave an evil laugh. Reaching out for my hair, i shrieked as the tried to ruffle my hair. 

"AHHH-HAHAHAHA HAJIMA!" I let out a high pitched squeal. 

"YAH!" A third voice called out. I looked up and to my horror, i saw Jaehyo on the floor, with blood trailing down on the side of his lips. 

"Omo… YAH! " I was prepared to yell at the person who absurdly punched Jaehyo when i realized who it was.

--

"J..ju..junho?" Jieun froze as she looked at me , wide eyed.

"Are you okay? Was he trying to do something to you? Are you hurt anywhere?" I blurted out, grabbing her shoulders and inspecting every inch of her body for wounds when she shrugged me off coldy.

"Junho, what are you doing here?" She asked again, her voice still estranged from shock. "Oh my god, Jaehyo are you okay?" She ran towards that guy and helped him up. Pulling out a tissue from her bag, she gently dabbed the corner of his lip.

I didn't understand. Why was she helping him when he tried to violate her?

"Jieun, what are you doing?"

"No, Junho. What are you doing?" She glared at me. "Why did you appear out of the blue and punch Jaehyo? What's wrong with you?" Her voice raised by a notch.

I felt a deep pang of jealousy and hurt stabbing my heart. The way was she was so protective of him made me jealous. Who was he to her? Even if i made a mistake, i was just worried for her. Why was she being so harsh?

I took a step back and faced the guy. "Hey, umm.. I'm sorry for punching you." I muttered, bowing awkwardly.

I was mentally prepared for him to make things difficult for me but to my surprise, he just brushed it off. 

"Hey man, it's cool. It didn't really hurt anyway." He gave an awkward chuckle while putting a resounding hand on my shoulder. Then he turned to Jieun.

"You guys looked like you have some unfinished business. I'll make a move first alright? Catch up with you soon~" He smiled at Jieun.

"But-" Jieun tried to speak but was cut of by him again.

"Nah Jieun, its cool. Mr. fiery fist here seems like he has something to tell you." He looked at me for a moment and gave me a thumbs up before walking away casually.

 

---

"So, care to tell me why you snuck up on me out of the blue and punched my friend for absolutely no rhyme or reason?" I folded my arms and eyed him, waiting for a response. 

Honestly, Junho was the last person i'd expect it to be. It could have been Taec, Kwonnie or even Gyu oppa but i had never expected it to be Junho. I mean, who sneaks up and punches people randomly? And with such force, he could have really hurt Jaehyo. I didn't care what his reason was, he shouldn't have hit him.

"Ji, i know you're mad right now but-"

"Damn right i'm mad. What happened to you Junho? You've been acting so weird lately." Our eyes met for a fraction of a second before i hastily looked away again. I really was worried. He wasn't being himself lately. Plus the fact that Khun told me he likes me, everything just seems a little more.. dubious now. 

"I thought he was going to violate you or something, i was looking for you and then i heard you screaming and dodging him so i ran over and.. punched him." He said sheepishly with his head down, almost looking ilke an elementary kid getting reprimanded from eating out of the cookie jar. Subconsciously, my lips curved into a small smile.

Aish Jieun, it's not the time now.

I cleared my throat, getting Junho's attention. "So, you were look for me?" He nodded.

So he was the one running around frantically..

"Junho," I suddenly called out, startling him. 

"D-deh?" 

"Do you have anything you wanna say to me?" 

--

"Do you have anything you wanna say to me?" Jieun asked, looking at me tentatively as though she was expecting for a default answer.

Did i have anything to say to her? I didn't even know the answer myself. 

This is too much, too much. I was letting my feelings get way ahead of myself. I need to control and think before i act.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU LEE JUNHO, YOU PABO.

"Um.. i.. actually.. i.." i stuttered. What exactly was i supposed to say again?

"Forget it, let's just.. let's just go home okay?" Jieun said, gathering her things off the bench before tugging onto my hand. 

Before i could control myself, i pulled her into a hug. Her hands pressed against my chest as she tried to inch herself away from shock. 

"..Jun-" 

I pulled her closer towards me and pressed my lips against hers before she could even continue talking.


Ladies and gentlemen , the moment we have all been waiting for, has arrived. 

 

 
 
YEAHHH / keeps calm. ~.~ ~.~ ~.~