035

My 6 Beasts

 

I wonder what's going on. 

 

Why would Jinyoung oppa call Junho to see him for no reason? It's not like he did anything wrong, right? 

 

I nibbled on my bottom lip nervously as i paced around the practice room idly while the rest continued their practice. The wait was killing me. It's been what, 30 minutes? I paced around the room a little more before stopping in front of the window that outlooked the streets and staring impassively into nothing. Something was definitely wrong. I can feel it. 

 

"Jieun?"  I jumped up at my name being called. 

 

"N-neh oppa?" I walked towards the door as Ju Seob oppa gestured for me to come over. My legs felt weak all of a sudden and my palms begun to turn cold and sweaty. Ju Seob oppa closed the door behind me and directed me to the lift. Once we got in, he pressed for the floor where Jinyoung oppa's office was. 

 

"Oppa, what's happening?" I asked tentatively, hoping to get a clue of what i was to expect.

 

"I'm not so sure myself, Jieun. He just told me to call for you." Ju Seob oppa shrugged. As though on cue, the lift 'dinged', signaling our arrival. He placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring pat and before i knew it, i was left alone in front of Jinyoung oppa's office. I looked at the big brown door in front of me that looked so intimidating that it actually felt like the gateway to hell or something. I took a deep breath and braced myself for what i was going to face and lifted my hand to knock before hesitating again.

 

Should i go in? Or should i jus-

 

"Come in, jieun-ah." Jinyoung oppa called out from behind the door, startling me.

 

Was this guy seriously psychic or something?!

 

"Ah, n-neh sajangnim…" I muttered before turning the door knob slowly and making my way in. Shutting the door behind me with shaky hands, Jinyoung oppa pointed to the sofa beside him and gestured me to sit.

 

I took a quick bow and greeted him politely before sitting down. 

 

"Bap meogoseo?"

 

"Ah, neh. I ate with the boys just now, sajangnim." I mumbled, looking down at my shirt and fiddling with it's hems. It felt like elementary school all over again, you know? Being called into the teacher's office because you threw paper balls at others during lesson.

 

"Aigoo," He gave a throaty laugh. " Relax, jieun-ah. Why are you calling me 'sajangnim' all of a sudden?"

 

I froze. My nervousness was getting a better of me and i didn't even realize that i was calling Jinyoung oppa, 'sajangnim'. "Oh, right…" I gave an awkward chuckle.

 

"Anyway, do you know why i called for you?" He asked casually, stirring his coffee.

 

"Umm.. Not really…" I bit my bottom lip and replied nervously. What exactly did he call me for? The suspense was really killing me.

 

He took a sip of his coffee before clearing his throat. "Well, you were at the Han river a few days ago, right?" 

 

The abruptness of his question took me by surprise and left me dumbfounded. 

 

"N..neh.." I managed a soft answer.

 

He nodded fervently, as though agreeing with what i said. "And who were you with?" He prodded. 

 

Every inch of me had the propensity to lie and say i was with all the boys but somehow i could not bring myself to lie to him. It wasn't the easiest thing to lie to your boss, you know.  "With… Junho."

 

"Alone?"

 

"Neh.." I said, having no intentions of keeping things clandestine.

 

"Joh-a!" He let out a hearty laugh all of a sudden that left me in complete ravelment. "Yeokshi, my decision was right. I like the fact that you didn't lie to me, Jieun-ah."

 

Lie to him? I frowned while trying to make sense of things. 

 

"Well, someone sent me some pictures of you and Junho on your little, ahem, date. But don't worry, i've made sure that no scandals will arise." He said so calmly that i felt uneasy. Wasn't he suppose to be mad at us and start giving me a spiel on how this wasn't right? "Why do you look so shocked, Jieun-ah?" 

 

"Hm? Ah, aniyo.." 

 

"I won't stop you." 

 

"Mwo?" I blurted out a little too loudly. 

 

"Junho and you are just like my children and all a father wants is to see their child happy, isn't it?" He said affectionally. "And, i really can't think of anyone better than you for Junho, Jieun-ah."

 

---

 

"Deh, see you later oppa!" I beamed before closing the door behind me. My whole body felt so light and carefree now that everything was cleared up. I wonder if he said the same thing to Junho tho-

 

"AHHHMMFHHHH!" My hysterical screams were muffled when i felt someone pull my into the recording studio next to Jinyoung oppa's office.

 

I felt the grip on my arm loosen and the hand over my mouth disappear and before I knew it, I was engulfed in darkness. If I wasn’t wrong, this should be recording studio 2 and getting help shouldn’t be too difficult.

“W..what do you want? I have no money..” I stuttered, pressing my back against the wall. I slowly inched closer and closer to the door, hoping that whoever was in the room with me wouldn’t notice.

But obviously, things are never go the way i want. I felt a grip on my arm that instantly immobilized me, followed my the sound of my name being called. It’s a guy, definitely.

A guy who grabs people and pushes them into dark rooms…

With an intake of a breath, it hit me. So I did what I thought was most suitable. I screamed.

“No no no no!” the person clamped his hand over my wailing mouth quickly. “Jieun, listen, it’s me Jieun. It’s me.” he tried to explain.

But of course I’m not listening because I’m too busy flailing my hands everywhere and trying to replicate the sparse kungfu moves I’ve seen on tv before.

“JIEUN!”

I froze at the impact of the voice. With a flicker, the lights turn on and I come face to face with him.

“Junho?!” I gasped incredulously as he tiredly nodded.

“It’s me, my dear. So can you stop screaming now?” he cupped his ears and frowned. “My ears won’t stop ringing now because of you.”

“Stop doing that. You’re not gaining any of my sympathy, Lee Junho. You were the one who absurdly kidnapped people into recoding studios. You deserved it.”

“I’m sorry I scared you. But- wait let me turn the lights off before people find us.” he muttered, switching off the lights that sent me into an instant frenzy again. Did I mention I hate being in darkness?

“Junho?!” I d around the darkness in panic. Just before I could start going into ultimate panic mode, I felt a pair of arms around my waist from behind.

“It’s okay baby, I’m here.” I heard Junho’s reassuring voice that instantly calmed me down. “Here, sit here. “

He led me to a couch with the light from his cellphone.

“Tell me again why we have to do this in the dark?” I gripped firmly onto his hand, not letting go.

“Because I need to ask you something important. Why? Are you scared of… ghost?” I swore I heard a tint of mockery in his voice.

“No…”

Junho chuckled. I was bracing myself to get teased by him but to my surprise, he pulled me closer so that I was snuggling warmly beside him now. “There’s nothing to be afraid of when I’m here.”

I think I just melted.

“Why are we here?”

“Uh, what did Jinyoung hyung say to you?” Junho asked worriedly. Judging from his tone, I could almost picture his eyebrows knitted together and his lips tightly pursed with a worried frown.

“You pulled me here just to ask me that?” I laughed at his uneasiness. Maybe i should take him for a little ride huh?

“Geureom. What did he say?”

“Well.. can we not talk about it now?” I faked a sniff.

 

"So it's really like that…" Junho muttered to himself and sighed deeply before getting up from the couch. He walked towards the door and the lights instantly flickered on.  "Jieun-ah, i… i.. i need some time to figure thi-"

 

"Pabo."

 

He raised his eyebrow and stared at me, baffled. "Mwo?"

 

"Pabo," I repeated again. A smile slowly crept up my face and i ended up grinning like an idiot on crack. Junho perplexedly walked towards me when i stood up and ran over to give him a hug. 

 

"You're not gonna get rid of me that easily," I whispered, tiptoeing to kiss his tightly pursed lips from confusion. 

 

----

 

"Kids! Come down for lunch!" I hollered at the top of my voice from the kitchen after setting the last bowl of noodles on the dining table. One by one, the boys made their way down with expecting faces and plopped themselves down at the table. Once everyone was here, we began to eat.

 

"Heyyyy…" Wooyoung glanced over at Junho's bowl and then at his before frowning. "Why does he get an extra egg?" He whined childishly, folding his arms across his chest.

 

"I don't like you guys being together anymore. Biased." Chansung narrowed his eyes and scoffed. 

 

"Oh c'mon, you guys are such softies~ " I chortled, shaking my head at their childishness.

 

"I thought our relationship was stronger than this jieun… Now you betray us with an egg? Alright then…." Taec quipped in dramatically, pretending to sniff and look away. He let out a horrific fake sob and pretended to wipe a tear from the corner of his eye.

 

"Yah, waegurae!" I laughed. It was hilarious seeing how they could get all melodramatic and emotional over an egg.

 

"Hmph." Wooyoung pouted, jutting his chin out defiantly while Junho laughed.

 

"Araso araso, " I finally gave in at their childishness. As if i didn't know what their motive was! "Who wants more egg?"

 

"ME!" All 5 of them chorused.