017

My 6 Beasts

 

P/S: Play the music while reading~ :B


 

 

Knock Knock

 

Hm?

 

There wasn't anyone at home today except for Junho, Taec and i, so who could it be?  Khun had went back to Thailand to shoot some CFs while Chansung and Junsu went to Japan for maknae's drama filming and JunK's solo album promotions. Wooyoung decided to go back to Busan to visit his family for a day, leaving the 3 of us at home.

 

I threw the duvets to one side and got off my bed. The movie i was watching was still running in the background but i couldn't be bothered to pause it - i was slowly losing interest anyway. Quickly tying my unruly hair into a bun, i straightened my pjs before reaching for the knob.

 

"Jieu- Woah, you're still in your pjs?" Junho stared at me, wide-eyed. 

 

"Um, yeah." I mumbled, suddenly feeling self conscious after seeing Junho all dressed up. "Are you going somewhere?" I pointed at his attire.

 

He shook his head. 

 

"I was wondering if you wanted to do anything today. I was getting a little bored with surfing the net so i thought if…you know, you wanted to go out with me?"

 

"Oh. Where's Taec-  Oh, don't tell me, i know. He went out with Jessica unnie right?" 

 

Junho nodded. He then looked at me eagerly, waiting for my reply. Smiling, i agreed and told him to wait for me while i prepared.

 

--

 

“Mmh I’m hungry! What do you wanna eat?” I smiled, flipping through the menu excitedly. 

 

“Mollayo.” Junho replied, not looking very interested. “I’m not very hungry.”

 

 “Yahh, eat something with me!” I pouted before pointing to the menu. “I want this! It looks delicious!” 

 

“Number 17? Araso, I’ll go buy.” Junho offered before he made his way downstairs to the counter. 

 

Taking off my sunglasses which was my form of disguise, I gathered my hair together and tied it into a loose ponytail. Just as I was done, Junho returned to the table with a tray full off food. Placing my plate in front of me, he passed me my cutlery and urged me to tuck in. 

 

“Mmh, masiseo!” I said in between mouthfuls of food. “Try some!” I scooped a spoonful of food and fed it to him. 

 

Smiling at my gesture, he leaned forward and accepted the spoonful of food.

 

“Mmmh, not bad!” Junho let out a small chuckle and took a sip of his drink. 

 

---

After I filled my belly up, we decided that both of us were too lazy to go anywhere else and decided to stay at the fast food restaurant to wait for time to pass. 

 

“Yah yah yah, Lee jieun are you crying?” Junho suddenly blurted out as I was rubbing my eyes furiously. After a moment, a lone tear subsequently rolled down my cheek. 

 

“Nah I’m not, a just got something in my eye yknow. Like a twig.. Or a branch.” 

 

“No seriously, what’s wrong?” he asked after a moment of silence. 

 

“Don’t know, I guess my contacts are making my eyes really dry.” I shrugged as I dug around my bag in search for my eyedrop. 

 

Aish I swear I saw it somewhere in here! 

 

“Can’t find it?” Junho leaned over the table and peered into my bag which was a bottomless pit. Shaking my head, I slouched back into my seat and continued to rub my eyes. 

 

“Hajima!” Junho chided before getting out of his seat. “Wait here, I’m gonna go get a drink,” 

 

“But wait, your -”

 

 “I’ll be back in a second jieunnie,” he cut me off and dashed off even before I could continue.

 

 “- hat..” I murmured. 

 

—-

 

“Wait here, I’m gonna go get a drink,” I lied, getting out of my seat. 

 

“But wait, your -” Jieun interrupted, trying to stop me. 

 

Flustered, I brushed her off coldly. “I’ll be back in a second jieunnie,” and left.

 

Gah, sorry jieun! 

 

I sprinted down the flight of stairs and made my way in search for a pharmacy. No, I wasn’t going to buy a drink but eyedrop for jieun. I didn’t exactly know why I was even going through all the trouble for her, but I just felt like I had to. 

 

Walking past the streets, it suddenly struck me that I forgot to bring my hat. Oh god, this is not going to be good. 

 

“Omo omo omo! Is that 2PM’s Junho? GAH!”

 

“Junho oppa! Junho oppa!”

 

“Junho oppa saranghae!” The squeals of fangirls engulfed me as I reached the street junction. So all I did was follow my first instincts - run. 

 

So I sprinted away from all the girls who also, sadly, started to chase after me. 

 

Aish, persistent girls.

 

Not forgetting to keep a look out for a pharmacy, I finally found one at the side of the alley. 

 

A-ing-men.

 

Half dead, I approached the counter and sighed. 

 

"Do you have eye-” 

 

“Omo, are you Lee Junho from 2PM?!” 

 

 

“Eyedrop, do you have eyedrop?” I ignored her previous statement and got to the point. 

 

“Ah, deh.. Umm here,” she flustered, placing a box of eyedrop on the counter. “Can..can I have your autography?” the cashier shyly asked. 

 

“Ah I’m sorry I’m in a rush now,” I murmured, fumbling through my wallet for money. , why do I not have small change?! Sighing, I took out my smallest note, 10000 won and took the eyedrop and left. 

 

“Junho-ssi, your change-” 

 

“Keep it!” I shouted, running out of the pharmacy. 

 

—— 

 

Aish, its been 20 mins since Junho left to buy his drink! Why isn’t he back yet, I’m dying of boredom.

 

 I sighed and rested my head on my hands. My eyes were already sore and red from all the rubbing and now I was having a major headache, great. 

 

“I’m, i’m ba..back!” Junho huffed as he threw his body against the table, earning a few weird stares from the other patrons. 

 

“Yah where the hell have you been!” I smacked him on the head as he slid back into his seat. “And where is your drink!” I eyed him suspiciously. Tsk he must have been meeting some girl or something I bet! 

 

“H..here!” Junho slammed a small, slender box on the table and pushed it towards me, 

 

“Bwo yah?” I took the box and read the front that said “eye drop” before realizing. He specially went to get eye drops for me! 

 

Without realizing, my lips curled into a small smile. 

 

“Gomawo, junnie” I said softly as I opened the box of eyedrop. 

 

“Mwo? I can’t hear you, what did you say?” he replied slyly. 

 

“Yah, you know you heard it!” I pouted. This boy was so childish! 

 

“No~ Say it again!” he jokingly stuck out his tongue at me. His eyes were curved into a big smile, making him look adorable. Well he wasn’t wooyoungie’s twin for nothing! 

 

“Oh, gwaenchana then. Since you didn’t hear it,” I acted nonchalant and continued to use the eye drop as he whined. 

 

Junho choding! 

 

“Aigo, arasoyo arasoyo, sheesh stop whining you idiot!” I jokingly flicked him on the forehead, causing him to wince in pain.

 

“Gomawo, Lee Junho.” I finally said. 

 

And then he broke out into one of the biggest boyish smiles I’ve ever seen.

 

--

 

After awhile, we got bored of staying at the fast food restaurant and decided to drive to the beach instead. We had 3 cars altogether actually, one van for the boys schedule, one car that belonged to Nichkhun (the one he drove during WGM) and one more that we drive out sometimes. It was easier to go in two small cars if we were going out, it made us less noticeable, hence also saving us the hassle.

 

Anyways, we drove for about an hour before reaching the beach. Once we got there, we bought a beach mat, some snacks and drinks from the nearby convenience store and headed to sit at a secluded corner. The sun was slowly setting and the tides were getting lower and lower. I kicked off my flats from my feet and buried my feet into the warm sand. I turned to Junho and smiled. Smiling back, he took off his shoes as well and dug his feet into the sand as well.

 

We sat there in silence for awhile, just letting the setting sun that was in our direct view, shine on us a little longer. The sound of the waves crashing against the rocks proved to have had a very calming effect. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back, taking in a big whiff of the salty sea before exhaling loudly. 

 

"Ah, it's so nice here, isn't it?" I turned to my left and opened my eyes, only to find that Junho too, had his eyes closed. Without opening his eyes, he softly nodded before leaning his head against mine. It was weird at first because we were seldom this close, and alone. But slowly, it felt really natural. 

 

Lifting his head away from mine, he took the bag of snacks and drinks we bought and took out two cans of beers. After opening one, he passed it to me. I gladly accepted and waited for him to open his before clinking our cans together and drinking down the bitter fluid. 

 

"If only we could spend everyday like this, wouldn't it be good?" Junho broke the silence and turned to me. I nodded for a moment before smiling.

 

"But if you spent everyday like this, you-" I poked his chest with my index finger, further emphasizing the word. "-wouldn't become famous and you, wouldn't need me." I pointed back to myself.

 

"That's true…" He nodded and scrunched his face a little. "Then i take back what i say! It'd wouldn't be the same if there wasn't a Lee Jieun in my life."

 

Aww~

 

I raised on eyebrow at him, not fully convinced by his sappy 'confession'.

 

"Hey, true story man!" He lifted both his arms up to his sides, as though surrendering, before laughing at his own actions. A smile escaped my lips as i took another sip of my drink. He was right, it had been so long since i had been to the beach.

 

But both of us knew very well that this happiness was only short-lived. Very soon, the boys' Asia tour would start, which means the start of hectic schedules and intense practice. And for me, it meant having to be more careful in taking care of their health and having to make sure that everything is in place.

 

My deep thoughts were interrupted when i felt a nudge on my side. 

 

"Whatcha thinking about?"

 

"Nothing."

 

"Tell me?"

 

"I was just thinking about how you guys will have to go back to face thousands of fans again - how tiring it would be." I shrugged my shoulders before turning to him. "Have you ever thought of what it would be like if you wasn't a singer?"

 

Junho thought for a moment, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips tightly pursed. 

 

"I guess.. life would be different? I would be pursing a degree and maybe even..having a girlfriend?" He hesitated for a moment before finishing his sentence.

 

"When was the last time you were in a relationship?" I looked down at the sand that was at my feet. Playfully, i kicked some onto his feet. 

 

Junho smiled once again, disregarding my childishness. "I don't know… 6-7 years?"

 

My eyes widened at the sound of it. 7 years of begin alone? That .

 

"Wow, that .."

 

He nodded before sighing loudly. His hand brushed lightly across the sandy surface as he scooped some sand into his hand, before gently blowing it away. 

 

"Don't you ever, miss that feeling of loving someone, or being loved?" I probed again, slowly laying my head against his shoulder. By now, the sun had already completely set. Darkness had began to engulf our surroundings and the beach was now, almost empty. 

 

"I do. I mean, i do love our fans and vice versa, but it's just different you know? I know that dating now would be almost impossible, considering my status and everything, but i just miss it. Have you watched the show 'Friends with benefits'?" 

 

I nodded my head as he continued. "Even being friends with benefits would be alright. I mean not ually, but emotionally. To be there for each other emotionally, yet not committing. Someone that wouldn't mind my status, and love me not for my fame."

 

"Oh.." I managed to say.

 

What he just said was busily running through my brain. My heart sorta went out to him, to all of them actually. Sometimes, it just wasn't fair. But i guess that was the price they had to pay for being famous and pursuing their dreams.

 

"How about you?" He suddenly asked.

 

"Me? What about me?" 

 

"When was the last time you were in a relationship?" he softly asked. So softly that it made my heart ache for a moment. Instantly, memories flooded my mind of my past relationship, of the happy times i had, of the quarrels and the break ups, and finally, of me, crying myself to sleep. 

 

"5 years ago?" I muttered under my breath. I watched the waves crash against the rocks roughly and kept my gaze fixed ahead.

 

"Oh. It was him, wasn't it?" 

 

I nodded my head slightly before taking another sip of beer, praying that Junho would just let this topic pass and talk about something else. But Junho being Junho, he continued on.

 

"Well don't you miss it as well? Holding hands, cuddling and kissing?"

 

"I do. But i don't miss the heartbreak that comes after everything, the feeling of being cheated on. I don't miss that." I softly said, resting my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes. "But i do miss holding hands, having hugs and kisses." 

 

A soft sigh escaped from my lips as i recalled the times i had with Taehoon, my ex boyfriend. Then, i felt something warm brush against my hand. Slowly, i realized that it was Junho's. He said nothing though, but just laced his fingers with mine. Somehow, i felt a sense of familiarity and comfort when he held my hand. It didn't feel weird or strange, but it made me feel, secure. I looked at him for a moment and all he did was smile softly, his thumb gently brushing across the back of my hand.

 

"You don't have to miss it now," He simply said.

 

We sat at the beach for a few more hours, chatting and playing with sand.  I was having a lot of fun until Junho decided to literally toss me into the sea, causing me to get all wet. The night was getting really chilly and me being all wet didn't really help. Within a few minutes, i started to tremble and my teeth started chattering.

 

I cursed at him under my breath while he just laughed and apologized. Nethertheless, i continued to complain about feeling uncomfortable and cold. I guess Junho couldn't stand it when he decided to take off his shirt for me to wear. 

 

"Here, take this." He had his white, long-sleeved shirt in one hand, revealing his toned body.

 

Okay, maybe his body wasn't as great as Taec's or Khun's, but he still had a great body.

 

"Aniyo, it's okay." I told him, pushing his shirt back to him. I could tell that he was cold too.

 

Still, he insisted and forced me to go to the public bathroom to change. Having no choice, i obligated. 

 

Surprisingly, his shirt fitted my body quite well, except for the fact that it was rather long, completely covering my shorts, making me look like i wore nothing below.  I rolled the sleeves up and retied my hair before making my way out, where i found him waiting for me. 

 

 

 

 

Smiling, he reached his hand out to grab mine before we walked hand in hand, to the car. 

 

"Doesn't this feel like a date?"

 

"Kinda. But i look like i just had a one night stand and wore the guy's clothes out!" I pouted as i checked my outfit again. We were getting quite a few stares from passerbys.

 

I mean, who wouldn't stare, when you see a topless guy and a girl who looked like she just had a one night stand, hand in hand?

 

"Mmmh, that sounds like you."

 

"Yah!" I hit him playfully on the chest and frowned.

 

That was so not me!

 

Junho decided that he would drive back this time, since i drove here. Before we set off, he went to the boot to pick up a spare shirt we kept and slipped it on. Feeling rather contented, i snuggled in the passenger's seat and turned the heater on.  

 

"Don't fall asleep yet, talk to me~" He poked my stomach while keeping one hand on the steering wheel.

 

"Eugh, what do you wanna talk about?" I asked, highly intoxicated with sleepiness.

 

He rambled on for awhile before suddenly stopping to ask if i was paying attention. I lied and nodded.

 

I had not the slightest clue of what he said.

 

"Aigo, just sleep then.." He gently my head.

 

"Sing me a lullaby."

 

"Araso, what do you want to hear?" He placed his hand on my lap and looked up at me.

 

"Anything, i'll like whatever you sing," I mumbled, my eyes still tightly shut.

 

"Araso," He pressed a few buttons on the radio play before a song started playing. Immediately, i could recognize it. It was 'Bogoshipda'.