027

My 6 Beasts

Junho rummaged through his bag in search for his favourite pair of Rayban glasses. After all, who goes to the Han River without their sunglasses? He pouted disappointedly when he couldn't find them. He thought hard, trying to remember where he placed them but somehow, he had not the slightest clue. His forgetfulness was slowly getting on his nerves - the way he always forgot where he put things or what he wanted to say. 

"Chansung-ah, do you know where i put my Raybans?" He tapped the maknae's shoulder. Chansung turned to face him and pondered for a momement before shaking his head and continuing to munch on his banana. 

"You passed it to Jieun yesterday, right?" Khun said from the backseat where he was sitting. 

"Ah! Mada! Hyung, could you drop me here while i go get it from her?" Taecyeon nodded from the front view mirror and pulled over at the side of the road that lead to the supermarket.

"Palli, we'll be at the junction."

Junho nodded briefly before alighting at the side of the road. All he needed now was to quickly make a sprint back to the house to get his sunglasses.

"Hey, isn't that the that tried to seduce Junho oppa?" He heard someone say. Immediately turning around, he spotted Jieun standing admist a few girls. 

"She's not even pretty, wtf?"

"Who does she think she is, wandering around the district where 2PM oppas stay?"

Junho clenched his fist into a ball as he heard all the snide remarks they were passing off. He mentally scoffed and was about to walk over to stop the commotion when he saw more girls approaching, in groups.

Being an idol, even ounce of him told him that he shouldn't be there and could not be seen. He peered at Jieun for a moment, before hiding himself behind a tree. Everything will be fine, right? 

"Neh, i'll go to her if they dare do anything to her." He assured inwardly. If they dare lay a finger on Jieun, he would come out from the tree and be there to stop them.

After all, what could they do to her in public?

---

Junho was wrong. He was very wrong.

Jieun needed him.

She sighed inwardly, keeping her head down as she tried to make her way out of the crowd. She hated all the attention she was getting from the fans. It was like she became a public enemy overnight.

"Ahh!" She winced when she felt someone pull onto her hair, causing her head to jerk back and her to stumble to the ground. Everything from her bag fell out and the heel on her shoe had also managed to successfully break on her.

"YAH YOU-" She yelled. However, what happened next was something she thought only happened in movies. A girl emerged through the crowd with a huge carton of eggs, before passing it around. Jieun's eyes widened. Were there really going to pelt her with eggs?

It seemed to unreal, people only get pelted with eggs in movies, right? But the death glares and jealousy emmiting from the fangirls reaffirmed her fate. She was going to get pelted with eggs.

"Pelt her!" One of them screamed. Within a few seconds, eggs were all strewned around her, and of course, on her. Jieun curled herself into a ball and used her arm to shield her head while the slimy contents of the eggs continued to hit her. She felt it slide down her skin, tainting her nose with the pungent smell. Due to the impact, some egg shells managed to cause micro cuts on her skin as well.

Jieun's head was spinning. Was there really no one around to help her? She tried to look up but the raining eggs were forbidding her to do so. Eventually, she felt something else slide down her cheek - her tears.

Once they ran out of eggs, they began throwing whatever they could at her. Shoes, bags, drinks, sticks - anything that could fufill their aim of hurting her. She couldn't think of anything wrong she did, so wrong that she deserved to be so publicly humiliated like this. All she was doing, was her job. The whispers of passerbys grew louder. She heard them gossiping, some speculating if she stole someone's husband or did something inhumane. Some pitied her plight. But no one came forward to help.

No one at all.

Jieun had no strength to struggle anymore. She just laid there, figuring that once they had enough, they would go away.

"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" 

Jieun looked up tiredly before she felt someone wrap a coat around her. He picked up her lifeless body and pushed his way through the crowd, all while wrapping his arms securely around her waist.

--

"Yoboseyo?"

"Deh, i'm coming hyung. Just give me 5 minutes, aish." Junho muttered, pacing back and forth behind the tree. He has been hiding behind the tree for 2 mins before Taecyeon called to rush him. He annoyedly hung up and stuffed his phone back into his pocket before resuming his position behind the tree. 

Everything was going fine, until he saw a group of girls approaching with a carton of eggs. His eyes widen.

"No...." He whispered, his voice estranged in his throat. The thing he hoped for not to happen, happened. They started throwing eggs at Jieun. Junho wanted so badly, to go there and rush to her aid. But he couldn't. Eggs couldn't do much harm right? After a few throws, they'll leave her alone, right? 

He tried to convince himself that she'd be aright. He tried to disregard the fact that his heart was tearing into pieces now, that his anger was distroying all sanity he had in him. 

"Why isn't anyone helping her?!" He spat, sinking his fist into the bark of the tree as he watched countless passerbys walk past her. She looked so pathetic, so helpless, the way she was curled on the floor.

At that moment, Junho loathed himself with a ferocity that scared him. If only he wasn't an idol, if only  he could protect her. If only.

But what really made him lose his mind, was when they starting throwing things at her. Shoes, sticks, bottles - things that might very well cause her much pain. That was the final straw.

Junho took a few strident steps towards the crowd with his hands clenched by his side and his eyes emmiting death. Before he could reach her, he  came to a sudden halt after what he saw.


A/N: A short one for you darlings (: Hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to comment and reccomend this story to your friends! xx