007

My 6 Beasts

The wind was howling and dead leaves were rustling all over the floor. The wind blew in my face and my nicely combed fringe. I cursed under my breath and quickly placed a hand on my fringe to stop it from flying about. I tightened my scarf around my neck and buttoned up my black leather jacket. 

 

Stupid stupid boys, why must you crave for kimchi chigae now! And why did I wear so little clothes?!

 

I looked down at my bare legs and mentally chided myself for thinking that I could conquer the cold with just a pair of denim shorts and a jacket. I then swept my bangs to the side and puffed my cheeks. It was a really cold night, colder than I had expected.

 

Finally reaching the supermarket, I swiftly picked up a few ingredients, some necessities and paid for them. I walked out of the store with two bagfuls of groceries, looking satisfied. Not only had i bought the ingredients i needed for kimchi chigae, i managed to pick up some daily necessities too.

 

Once I stepped out the store, I was hit by a cold gust of wind. Shivering, I hasten my footsteps and headed home, with my hands almost frozen.

 

-----

 

“Junho yah, bring out the pot for me please,” I lugged the two bags of groceries into the house and took of my suede boots. I rubbed my hands together for a moment after putting the bags down.

 

Brrr, my fingers were about to fall off any moment now.

 

“Jundyu yah, come help me with the bags!”

 

“Hyung’s sleeping. I’ll help,” Maknae said, while sprawling on the couch with a bag of chips. I nodded at his offer. This boy was so temperamental. If I wasn’t cooking one of his favourite dishes, he wouldn’t have volunteered to help, not in a million years.

 

While the boys helped, i quickly ran to my room to slip into something more comfortable. I threw on my pink pjs and tied my hair into a high ponytail before coming down the stairs, 2 steps at a time. Once i entered the kitchen, i sprang into action 

 

---

 

“Ji are you okay in there? Need help?” Nichkhun called out from the dining table, where he was watching videos on his laptop. I could hear Yoo Jae Suk's voice playing in the background. He was probably watching Running Man! 

 

Did i mention i love Yoo Jae Suk?

 

“Nah, I’m, achoo! fine! Achoo!”

 

Argh, why do I keep sneezing! Sheesh.

 

I took out the pork from the bag and stared to rinse it under the running water while leaving a pot of water on the stove to boil. Then I prepared the chili paste and soup base. Quickly dicing the spring onions, fish cake and kimchi, i added all of that in once the water boiled.

 

----

 

After 20 mins, my kimchi chigae was finally ready. By then, I thought my nose was almost ready to drop off.

 

Mmmh, my kimchi chigae smells awesome, hehe.

 

As I beamed at my creation, I heard a rumble behind me. Turning around, I was greeted by Chansung who had his hands around his stomach, smiling sheepishly.

 

“Aigooo, Chansung ah, you silly boy. Help me grab some bowls and we can eat kay!” I instructed, walking out of the kitchen with my creation. I placed it on the table and then took off my apron, neatly hanging it up. Making my way up the white flight of stairs, i started sneezing again.

 

“Taec ah, Junsu ah, foods ready!” I called out.

 

"Coming!" Taec responded, slowly walking out of his room in his singlet and sweatpants.

 

"Do you want me to wake Jundyu up?" He offered. 

 

"You can try. But don't force him if he doesn't wanna. He's been rather busy with filming and stuff," I simply said. Taecyeon smiled and flashed his big white teeth at me, 

 

"Man, when did someone become so considerate!" He mocked, earning a punch in the stomach from me.

 

"What are you saying? I'm always considerate okay." I stuck out my tongue while he placed his arm over my shoulders, pulling me while we walked down the stairs.

 

----

AAACHOOO! 

 

Oh good lord, i can't even feel my nose now.

 

I was sitting on my bed, curled up in a corner with my hoodie and blanket but yet, i was still feeling cold. The windows and door were all shut and the fan wasn't even on but it felt like the freaking south pole to me. I reached out for the tissue box beside my bed and sneezed yet again.

 

Oh damn it, i knew i shouldn't have worn so little just now!

 

Knock knock

 

"Jieunie gwaenchana?" Wooyoung asked as he self invitedly plonked himself on to my bed beside me.

 

I shook my head weakly and moved beside him and rested my heavy head on his shoulder. 

 

"Nan jugo sipeo.." I shruggged, before sneezing yet again.

 

"Aigoo," Wooyoung cooed, touching my forehead. "Yah, you're hot!" 

 

"Thanks, i know" I faintly smirked. He pushed my head away from his shoulder and gently moved a pillow to support it instead.

 

"No, i'm serious," Wooyoung squinted at me for a second before running out of my room in seconds, leaving me appalled.

 

2 minutes later, he came back with a thermometer. Before i had a chance to talk, he shoved it in my mouth, causing my gag reflexes to react for a moment. 

 

Urgh.

 

"Aish, you're running a fever!" He said, finally removing the thermometer from my mouth, which he got from God knows where. I honestly don't remember us ever having a thermometer at home. So where did that come from?

 

As i was lost in my theory about the mysterious thermometer, Wooyoung nudged me. 

 

"Mwo?"

 

"Go see a doctor," He instructed sternly.

 

"Silheo!" I jutted my chin out at him defiantly. "I'll just get some rest, i'll be fine by tomorrow morning kay?" I moved from a sitting position to lie down on my bed.

 

"Then i'm keeping you company for the night, i don't want you dying suddenly at night." he retorted without even batting an eyelash. Before i could protest, Wooyoung grabbed a pillow and laid down beside me, pulling the sheets up to his chest. 

.

Yah, this... this... argh.

 

i had no energy to protest and ended up snuggling beside him. He placed on arm under my neck while i laid on his chest. Surprisingly, it felt really really nice.

 

Okay maybe i do have a little crush on Wooyoung after all. What, don't judge me. How can you not love woo?

 

--

 

"Yaaaah let go!" I squirmed.

At this very moment, i was being tied to a chair. Yes, Lee Jieun was being tied to a chair by those annoying boys.

Why? Because she refuses to take her medicine.

Why? Because she hated pills but there were no syrup medicine left.

"Andwae." Taecyeon said firmly , arms akimbo. 

Man, i swear i will kill each and every one of them once i get out of this chair. I will rip all of their heads off and wax their legs with sticky tape while they're sleeping.

"Ahhh~ C'mon umma, just open your mouth, please?" Channie said, trying his best to persuade me into taking those pills.

"No!" I pouted, refusing to flinch. There was no way those were going in my mouth.

If you had to know just one thing about me, i really really dislike taking pills. Whatever pills it is. They're just so disgusting to me. The way they melt in your mouth and release their bitter taste, the way your tongue feels like it tasted sand with overdued milk, urgh, just the thought of it makes me feel like puking.

"Yah Lee Jieun, be a good girl, say ahhh" Jundyu instructed, placing the pill at the opening of my mouth. Turning away, i kicked my legs defiantly. 

"I'm okay! I don't want them!" 

Just then, the door flung open. Minjae oppa stood at the door with two bags, looking very surprised and shocked. Who wouldn't if they saw a girl being tied to a chair , surrounded by 6 guys?

"What's happening?" He raised an eyebrow while walking towards us.

"OPPAAA!" I squealed. For once, I was more that happy to see him. "Quick, untie me!" 

As Minjae oppa untied me, i could see all of the members sullen faces.

"Hyung, Jieun's sick and she refuses to take her medicine!" Junho reported, running his fingers through his bright red hair absentmindedly.

I thought that i was off the hook and was going to quietly sneak back into my room when Minjae oppa turned to face me. With his arms akimbo, he shook his head and sighed. 

"Jieun, take your medicine, or i'll bring you for a shot." he said calmly, "Your choice." 

"B..but.." I could see the boys grinning from ear to ear. I was going to protest further but Minjae oppa beat me to it.

"Alright, that's finals, take your medicine." He said, taking the pill from Junsu and handing a cup of water to me. I guess he wasn't going to let me off till i swallow it.

Hesitant, i took the pill and placed it at the tip of my tongue. I wrinkled my nose in distaste and closed my mouth. I drank a sip of water and stuck out my tongue, showing that i ate it.

"Lee Jieun, i know it's under your tongue, nice try." Khun said, not even flinching. 

Yah, how did he know!

"I did!" I lied. 

Nichkhun did not seem impressed at all. Instead, he stared at me with those big brown orbs. "You're.. you're going to lie... to me?" He said dramatically, burying his face in his hands, pretending to cry.

"Aish, fine." Defeatedly, i took another gulp of water and finally swallowed it. As the pill went down my throat, i felt my gag reflexes acting up fast. 

URGHEWBLEH!

Junho swiftly walked over and handed me a piece of candy which was what i needed the most. Unwrapping the candy, i placed the sugary treat in my mouth and waited for it to get rid of the sour taste. 

Mmh, strawberry. My favourite.

Beaming, i gave Junho a big hug. 

"Thanks, you're the best Junnie!" I cheered. Junho's face flushed red as he nervously smiled. Meanwhile, Minjae oppa let out a small chuckle and laughed at our nonsense before he told the boys to gather for a briefing on their schedule for the next few days.