026

My 6 Beasts

 

 

 



 

"Oppa are you sure you don't need my help?" I raised an eyebrow at Ju Seob oppa while eyeing the long list of food he had to buy. The boys were having a photoshoot for a clothing line today and they have been at it since 8AM. It's almost 3PM and they're still at it! Geez, how many sets of clothes does Nepa need to advertise man. 

 

 

"Gwenchana, if i need any help, i'll call you, araso?" 

 

"Eung. Go quickly then," I waved before he left.

 

Making my way around the set, i spotted one of the coordi unnie having a hard time with the mountain of jackets in her arms. 

 

"Here, let me help you." I smiled, taking some off the clothes off her arms.

 

"Kamsahabnida, Jieun-ssi." She nodded  politely while she pushed her black frames up with one hand.

 

"Where are these clothes headed to?" 

 

"Oh, they're for Wooyoung-ssi to change into." She said meekly as we approached Woo. He was surrounded by all types of make up and stylist noonas, all rushing to get him ready for his turn. 

 

"Liking all the attention you're getting huh, pretty boy?" I teased. He looked up from his phone and gave me a wide grin.

 

"Geureom! Look, i unlocked level 50! I'm good, aren't i?" He slightly turned his head to face me while reaching his phone out for me to see. The makeup unnie shook her head in dismay as he kept fidgeting about while she reapplied powder on his face. She was getting a little impatient with his antics but tried to keep her cool.

 

"Aish, stop moving and let unnie get to work," I nodded at the makeup unnie reassuringly as she shot me a somewhat thankful look. Just then, my phone rang from my pocket. I fished my phone out and answered it, slowly walking away from Wooyoung.

 

"Araso oppa, i'll be there in a bit. See you." I chuckled at his strained voice before hanging up. I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and looked for the nearest staff i knew to inform them where i was going.

 

"Umm, Jihoon oppa, i'm gonna go help Ju Seob oppa get lunch kay? I'll be back in a bit so if you need anything, just call me!" I told one of our JYP staff who was in hare with liaising the boys events. Jihoon Oppa looked up from his clipboard rather unamused and gave me a brief nod before focusing back on his papers again.

 

Grabbing my bag, i slung it over my shoulder before briskly walking out of the set.

 

--

 

"Yah."

 

I heard someone faintly calling from the background. Figuring that it couldn't have been me the person was talking to, i continued to walk on, my eyes fixed onto my new wedges that i simply adored.

 

"Yah! Neol!" 

 

My head snapped up when i felt the same voice again, yet this time much louder. I looked up from the ground and removed my earpiece from my ears, only to come face to face with two girls who looked no older than 15. One had a short bob and was clad in super short shorts and the other had chestnut brown hair that fell to her waist.

 

"Um, yes?" I stared at them, feeling slightly irritated by their demanding tone when they called me. Urgh, youngsters these day.

 

"Is 2PM inside?" The girl with the bob asked rudely while chomping on gum in a very unsightly manner. Oh gosh, someone needs to tell her she looks like a cow eating grass.

 

"I don't know. Excu-"

 

"Don't lie. We saw you coming out of there just awhile ago. Are they inside or not?" This time, the other girl spoke up. She had the y vibe with her that immediately reminded me of Mi Rin. I tried my best to hold an eye-roll back. 

 

"I don't know. Why don't you go in and check for yourself?" They were slowly starting to get on my nerves. Since when were teenagers so rude?

 

"Yah, are you trying to play punk with us? Just tell us, you ." Bob-girl snorted, inching a step closer as though she wanted to fight.

 

"I'm busy, excu-"  Before i could continue, she grabbed my wrist and pushed me, causing me to lose my balance and stagger backwards.

 

"Ew, stop being such a . You're probably just the cleaner inside, aren't you?"

 

Okay Jieun, breath. They're just kids and slapping them would be animal abuse, you don't want to go to jail, do you? Just think of the yummy food you'll be eating later, don't let them spoil your mood.

 

I was busy trying to cajole myself out of the idea of gently high-fiving their faces when her voice startled me again.

 

"YAH! I'm talking to you !" She sneered. They were both now standing in front of me, completely blocking my path. I sighed, trying to compose myself before reasoning with them again.

 

"Look, i have no time for your little childish stalkish actions okay? I'm busy. So if you want to know, just go in for yourself. Now, get out of my way." Just as i was about to turn around and finally leave, the tomboyish girl pushed me again.

 

"You stupid , how dare you talk to us like that? You're asking for it!" She raised her hand and was about to slap me. I briefly, shut my eyes, anticipating the attack. I wasn't going to dodge of scream, afterall, what could a kid like her do to me? Moreover, if she hit me, i would have had a reason to retaliate, heh. Seconds passed and yet i felt nothing. All i heard was a loud gasp. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked when i saw her hand, still in mid air with someone else's grip on her wrist.

 

"Omo..Jun-Junho Opp-Oppa.."

 

--

 

"What do you think you're doing?" Junho held her wrist in mid air tightly. His glared at the both of them for a moment and tightened his grip on her wrist when she continued to keep silent. "I'm asking you a question, answer me." 

 

"Ouch! Oppa let go, it hurts!" She winced. Junho had a tight grip around her wrist and he didn't look like he was going to let go anytime soon.

 

"Junho-ah, geumanhae…" I tugged on his free hand that was holding his black blazer. He stared at me for a moment, with the same ferocity in his eyes that scared the living hell out of me. It was something i never saw in him before. It was like the gaze of a leopard trying to protect it's cubs from predators. At the sight of my frightened expression, his yes softened and so did his grip on her. Once her hand was free, she immediately rubbed her sore wrist while her friend shot us another glare.

 

"Oppa, why are you siding this !" She said indignantly. "She's just a cleaner, isn't she!"

 

"Who are you calling a ? Stop talking to her in this manner." He replied coldly. 

 

"But oppa, she didn't want to tell us that you were inside!"

 

"But you had no reason to try to slap her!" His voice rose by a notch. I nervously looked around to see if there were any passerbys or cameras that could potentially lead him into a controversy. Thankfully there were none nearby.  My attention travelled back to Junho and i found his hands, both clenched into a tight ball. 

 

"But oppa, she started it!" The girl with the chestnut hair whined, reaching for Junho's hand. He immediately flinched away before her fingertips could even brush against his skin and shot her a disgusted look.

 

Serves her right.

 

"Kaja," He took my hand and pulled me along before i could even protest. His fingers interlaced with mine and i could almost feel his nails digging into my flesh, the way he held my hand. I could hear their voices shrieking behind, asking him why he was holding my hand, why he was sticking up for me, who was i to him -  all those nosey questions. 

 

"Oppa! Where are you going with her?"

 

"Oppa! We're your true fans, not her!"

 

I shook my head at their childish behavior, but the last thing i heard, sent chills down my spine.

 

"Watch out , you'll regret this. I won't let you off!" They spat before walking away.

 

Something inside of me told me that this was not going to be last of those girls.

 

--

 

"Junho-ah.." I finally said.  After leaving those girls behind, Junho had been dragging me to god-knows-where without even saying a word.

 

"Junho, you can let go now…" I muttered, trying to squirm out of his grasp. Upon hearing my words, he came to a sudden halt and glanced briefly at our interlocked hands before letting ago. Our eyes met and in an instance, we both looked away awkwardly.

 

"Did they hurt you anywhere?" He suddenly said, breaking the silence between us. He held my arm and turned me from side to side, inspecting me from head to toe. His forehead creased when he saw a scratch on my arm from when the held me back. 

 

"I'm fine, don't worry." I smiled, wiggling my arm free from his grasp.

 

"Why didn't you dodge when she was about to slap you?" He asked sternly, eyebrows kneaded together.

 

"I wasn't afraid and besid-"

 

"They could have hurt you! What if they hurt you?!" He suddenly raised his voice, startling me. I looked at him, dumbfounded at his sudden explosion. Noticing my frightened expression, he immediately realized how loud he was. "..They could have hurt you, Jieun. I don't want to see you get hurt…" He muttered, looking away.

 

Suddenly, it was my turn to feel bad for making him feel worried for me. After all, he was just being concerned… 

 

You make me go insane, you give me so much pain. I won't be back agaiiiiiinnnn~

 

My cellphone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and immediately cursed.

 

"Yoboseyo? Neh Ju Seob oppa, i'm coming i'm coming! Neh, sorry, i'll be there soon!" I turned around and started walking really quickly, leaving Junho behind, standing like an idiot.

 

"Deh, araso!" I pulled the phone away from my ear and grimaced while he yelled through the phone. 

 

"Sheesh, no need to yell old man." I muttered, putting my phone back into my pocket.

 

"Yah Lee Jieun, are you just going to leave me here after i saved you?" Junho yelled from behind me. 

 

I spun on my heels and faced him. "Mada! Mianhe! I forgot you were here." I smiled apologetically before pulling him arm along while i continued to walk. If i didn't' get my to where Ju Seob oppa was soon, i'd be skinned alive before i can even live to learn how to pronounce 'cacoethes' ( don't try).

 

"Right! Why did you come out anyway?" I raised an eyebrow as we walked past the studio set where all the drama happened. I officially hate crazy fangirls from now on.

 

"I wanted to pass you this, since it was cold outside." He lifted up the blazer he had in his hand and draped it over my shoulders while i snuggled my arms into it's warm sleeves. My lips curved into a small smile when his distinct smell hit my nose. Junho always had a distinct smell i could recognize - not some sweaty and manly smell ( like Taec, urgh) but a really distinct smell. It was not very foul smelling, neither was it extremely pleasant. It was just… Junho. 

 

Okay, i sound creepy don't i? 

 

"Hello? Earth calling Jieun.. Earth calling Jieun!" He snapped his fingers in front of my face a few times before i stepped out of my daze. 

 

"Mhmm, gomawo~ You should go back now, before anyone spots us." I nudged him while he had his attention fixed on a bakery we were passing.

 

"Silheo. I'm going with you, least your pretty face gets mauled by those fangirls again." He whistled nonchalantly. 

 

"Aww, you said i was pretty!" I said, trying to sound touched while he lightly punched my arm, knowing i was making fun of him. "But you're so mean to say that of them. They are your fans, after all."

 

"I know. But no one hurts my Jieun and gets away with it!" He proclaimed loudly, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 

 

"Aigoo, you idiot," I laughed, shaking my head at his silly antics.

 

"Kaja, hyung is waiting~" He linked arms with me as we made our way.

 

---

 

"Jieun-ah~" 

 

"Jieun-ah~"

 

"YAH LEE JIEUN, ILEONA!" 

 

Jieun shot up from her bed with her fist clenched and arms in combat postion. 

 

"AHHH! I'M UP. DON'T COME NEAR ME, I KNOW KARATE!"  She yelled. Taecyeon stood at the side of her bed and stared at her blankly before breaking out into hysterical laugher. 

 

"Aish, it's you. Go away." Jieun muttered, slumping back into her bed and pulling her white duvets over her head. In less than a minute, she felt someone tugging onto them again. Inhaling sharply, it took all of her will power not to combust in flames there and then.

 

"Ock Taecyeon, go away before i kill you," she snarled. She had went clubbing with a few of her friends last night and only returned home at 6AM. Right now, Taecyeon's imploding voice was causing her brain to go suicidal.

 

Hangovers .

 

"Aish, you stupid girl. This is what you get for coming back so late!" Taecyeon chided before leaving the room.

 

A few minutes later, Jieun heard her door creak open again. She made a mental note to lock her the door the next time she slept, those idiots really knew how to push the boundaries. She felt someone pull her duvets off her but before she could kill that person, she felt something cold on her forehead. Her hand travelled up to her face as she examined the foreign object that was on her forehead. 

 

"Wooyoungie?" She murmured, straining her eyes at the bright light that was shining through her blinds. Wooyoung smiled at her endearingly, removing the towel from her forehead. 

 

"Feeling better?" He helped her sit up before passing her a warm cup of tea. Jieun nodded slightly before sipping her tea. She smiled gratefully, thankful that at least someone wasn't keen on trying to kill her brain. 

 

"Freshen up soon okay? We're going to the Han River later~" he proclaimed loudly, with his arms wide open. Jieun groaned and nodded softly, massaging her temples that ached from Wooyoung's sudden outburst. He patted her head lightly before turning around and leaving her room. Before he closed the door, he turned back at her and and laughed. 

 

"By the way, i forgive you for vomiting in my room yesterday. You don't have to be my slave," He wriggled his eyebrows and smirked.

 

Jieun slapped her forehead and groaned.

 

"Oh god, what DID i say?!" 

 

---

 

A few hours later, everyone was gathered in the living room, all ready for their little excursion to the Han River. Jieun slowly made her way down the stairs with her cup of tea that nursed her horrid hangover. 

 

"Are you ready? Seulong hyung and the rest are already there, waiting for us." Nichkhun asked Jieun. He fastened the straps of his red backpack and smoothen the creases on his shirt, showing his utmost enthusiasm.

 

"I still feel kinda horrible.." Jieun sighed, sitting down next to the maknae.

 

"But we haven been to the Han river for so long!" Chansung pouted, clearly displeased with the news. Jieun shook her head ruefully at his childish behaviour. She placed her hand over his shoulder and straightened his vest for him.

 

"Listen, you guys go enjoy okay? I'll make something yummy for you guys when you come back." 

 

"Food?!" Chansung's eyes lit up like a thousand watt bulb almost instantly.

 

"Mhmm, what do you guys want?" 

 

"Kimbap!" 

 

"Samgyupsal!"

 

"Bibimbap!" 

 

"I want ginseng chicken soup, apple pie and chocolate chip cookies!" Chansung rambled.

 

 

"Yah, you're going to die if you eat all that!" Junho smacked Chansung on the head, hard.

 

"Araso araso, i'll see okay? Get going, it's not nice to let others wait!" Jieun said, chasing each of the off. The boys nodded and stood up to leave. Jieun waved goodbye before they left the house, Wooyoung having to drag the maknae who was still giving his hyung a stink eye for hitting him.

 

--

 

"Where is that stupid list? I swore i saw it somewhere around here before…" Jieun muttered to herself, digging through the detritus in her bag for her shopping list she swore she brought along. She prayed that she would find it soon, the walk to the supermarket had already taken her a good 10 minutes and there was no way she was going back just to retrieve her list. 

 

"Ah-ha!" She sang victoriously, waving the list in the air. While she was studying the list of items to buy, she walked past a big group of girls and heard them whispering.

 

"Hey, isn't that the that tried to seduce Junho oppa?"

 

"She's not even pretty, wtf?"

 

"Who does she think she is, wandering around the district where 2PM oppa stay?"

 

Jieun rolled her eyes at their snide remarks. She was just going to ignore them and do what she needed to when her path was blocked by a group of girls.

 

"Oh god, not again." She groaned frustratedly. Today just wasn't her day. She took a sharp breath of air before looking up at them.

 

"Yah, you !"

 



 

Bum bum bum! Hope you guys enjoyed this short update and hope that this story isn't going too slow for you! Do tell me if you have any comments/feedback! I'll be going to Jaipur for 6 days tomorrow so i might try to squeeze in time to write another chapter on the plane. Thank you for your patience with me!
 
Btw, do i have any BTOB fans here? Hehehehe :B