023

My 6 Beasts

 



 

 

 

 

“Okay, calm down and think.” I cajoled myself as I sat on my bed. Was I crazy? I think I was. What was I thinking, making up an imaginary boyfriend?!

That’s it, my life is officially over. I will be publicly humiliated to death in two days. I will never be able to face them, not like I wanted to in the first place but whatever, and I will die lonely. Kyaaaaa! I will never be able to get married, wear a wedding dress, have on the kitchen counter, have kids, or adopt a bunch of dogs for that matter.

Okay maybe minus the on the kitchen counter. Aish that’s not the point Jieun! Think!

But it’s too late now! That had already spread the news and there was no turning back. 5 minutes after we hung up, my phone was flooded with messages from all different people, whom I have too, no idea of how they even got my number. Man, talk about bad news spreading fast. That was literally like a bush fire, if you get what I mean.

So the conclusion was, I had to bring a ‘boyfriend’ to the annual dinner, by hook or by crook. I considered trying the boyfriend renting agency (yes, there was such an agency set up for losers like me, ha ha) but they would probably have given me a 30 year old balding man with a hobo beard and a 9 months pregnant stomach.

Eww.

So this only leaves me with one option…

--

“Wae wae wae?!” Chansung continued to whine while sitting on his bed, arms crossed. “Why me!”

“Oh come on…. you love me,right?” I tried to show my best puppy eyes.

“Umma stop that.” Chansung muttered, refusing to meet my gaze.

Yes! He was falling for it!

“Chansunggggggggg…” I tugged onto his sleeve. “There’ll be a lot of food. I’ll pay!”

I watched as his eye light up at the sound of ‘food’ and ‘I’ll pay’.

“A lot of food?”

“It’s a seafood buffet,”

“Dessert?”

“Chocolate fondue and ice cream.”

“Deal!” he beamed and stuck out his hand for me to shake.

Grinning, I shook his hand and gave him a little hug before triumphantly walking out of his room.

Mission complete!

Getting Chanana to go with me was easier than I thought!

Now all I had to was to decide on what to wear. Maybe it was time for a little retail therapy huh?

I unlocked my phone and immediately typed a message.

2 hours later, I was at Dongdaemun with Junsu and Junho, who insisted to tag along. They had left separately and was currently venturing into the busy streets.

I tapped my foot impatiently as I stood outside the department store, anticipating the arrival of thy royal highness.

“Boo!”

“AHHH!” I shrieked loudly before clamping my hand over my mouth when I realized how much attention I drew to myself.

“Omo, you should have seen your face unnie!” Hyuna laughed, clutching her stomach while she swayed from side to side.

“Aish you bad girl, where are your manners!” I pouted as I hit the front of her cap and pulled it all the way down, blocking her view.

“Who turned the ligh-” she fumbled and reached her hands out. “Unnie!” she playfully smacked my hands before I let go.

“That will teach you!” I laughed.

“meh meh meh, that will teach you~” Hyuna mimicked in a chipmunk voice.

“Yah, I do not sound like that!” I frowned while she pretended to have not heard me. Dragging me along, we immediately headed for the stores and started shopping.

There were so many beautiful clothes everywhere! All colors and types of apparels filled the racks and the display of shoes - oh don’t even get me started!

I ran up excitedly to the dress section and began fumbling through the racks like a tornado. There was simply so many to choose from!

“Unnie! I think this suits you!” I turned around to see Hyuna holding up an elegant, black bodycon dress. “Or this!” She raised her other hand that wad holding onto a lilac tube with a small bow at the waistline.

The two pieces were really pretty! But what was even prettier, was the price.

“60 000 won?” My eyes were almost bulging out of their sockets now.

“What do you think unnie?” Hyuna stared at me eagerly, waiting for my decision.

“You know what, let’s go check if there’s any other nicer dresses, neh?” I lied, pushing her towards the other racks while I reluctantly hung the dressed back.

Oh why did I have to be such a poor ? Well okay, I could actually afford them but no ing way was I going to spend 60 000 won on a dress that I’ll wear only for a night, just to be with a bunch of people I detest.

Nuh-Uh honey. I’d rather gorge myself to death with 60 000 won worth of ice cream. At least I’ll die happy.

 

Bzz bzz

[Junho]

You probably haven gotten anything yet right? Stop worrying about the price you silly. Just choose, I’ll pay.

 

Omo.

My head immediately jerked up and turned in all directions, trying to spot Junho. How did he know I haven bought anything yet?

My eyes scanned the surrounding quickly while I occasionally tiptoed to see if he was hiding behind any racks. I couldn’t spot him however, only a few teenagers and ajummas shopping.

“Whatchu looking for?” Hyuna popped up behind me and tried to peak at my phone curiously.

“Yah you should stop doing that!”

Seriously, ever since I reached Dongdaemun, I felt like my life span has been rapidly decreasing by the minute! Oh my poor heart.

“Jeez unnie, you’re not fun. Gayoon unnie screams like a little girl when I scare her.. Anyway, what’s that?” she grabbed my phone before I could reply.

“Wah! How does Junho Oppa know? Is he here?” she began to furiously look around too. “Where? I can’t see him!”

“I don-” before I could finish, my phone buzzed in Hyuna’s hand again.

“Stop looking around, I am not there. I’ve placed my card in your bag, just buy whatever you want, it’s on me (:” Hyuna dictated before staring at me and clapping approvingly.

“Woah, Junho Oppa neomu meoshida! Wah, he’s so nice to you!”

“Aniya, don’t think otherwise, Kim Hyuna,” I frowned while pushing her delusion head away from me.”Shop!”

“But unnie, does Oppa like you?”

“How would I kno- nah, it’s impossible! I’m not his type.” I mumbled while busy typing a reply on my phone.

 

[To Junho]

Yah you’re really such a stalker eh. Thanks for the card but I won’t wanna waste your money. Enjoy with Junsu and lay of the spicy food! xx

 

“You wouldn’t know!” Hyuna chirped while handing me a pair of red stiletto heels. “Besides, you two look good together!” she continued to ramble on while throwing things into my hand as I stood quietly beside her.

If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought she was going to buy the whole building.

“Unnie? You’re not listening to me!” Hyuna pouted while I steppe out of my trance.

“Ah, neh?”

“Aish, nevermind! Go try this on!” she grumbled at my inattentiveness before stuffing a dress into my hands and pushing me to the nearest dressing room.

Aish this girl, didn’t I say i wasn’t going to buy anything here?

“But this does look rather nice…” i lifted up the piece of garment in my hand.

 

I slowly put the champagne dress on and inspected myself in the mirror. The dress was simple yet elegant. Most of all, it was comfortable and accentuated all my curves. I held my hair in one hand and haphazardly twirled it into a bun to see how it would look like.

 

"Unnie? Are you dead?" I could hear Hyuna call from outside.

 

I hurriedly changed out of my dress and back into my own clothes, not bothering to even try the others. 

 

"No, i'm alive." I rolled my eyes and placed the rest of the dresses on the counter where the sales attendants were. 

 

"Did you get anything you like?"

 

"Neh, i think i'll get this." I showed her the dress.

 

Hyuna briefly nodded before taking the dress and making her way to the cashier in lightning speed. She whipped out a card and signed it before i could even ask her where it came from.

 

"Here~ Kaja!" She handed me the bag and pulled me out of the store.

 

"Where did you get that card, Hyuna-ah?"

 

"Junnie oppa~" 

 

"Bwo?"

 

"He gave it to me cuz he knew you wouldn't take his card." She said nonchalantly. " I met him before i met you, so i was late. Hehehehe~"

 

AIsh, this Junho. Why was he spending his money on me again!

 

---

 

"Chansung ah! Are you done preparing? We're gonna be late!" I hollered while adjusting my outfit in the mirror. I wore my Champagne dress, courtesy of Junho of course, and paired it with a pair of gold pumps. I had on a simple locket necklace and finished my look with some silver hoop earrings.

 

"Ji, promise me you won't get agitated okay..... ummm... Chansung says he can't go with you because he's having the runs," Khun broke the news to me. He nibbled his lips nervously at the sight of my expression.

 

"WHAT!"

 

OF ALL TIMES?

 

NOW?

 

HE HAD TO HAVE THE RUNS NOW?

 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM!?

 

 

 

"NO, HWANG CHANSUNG, YOU GET OUT OF THAT TOILET NOW!" I brushed past Khun and marched up the stairs 3 steps at a time. It could have been 4, if not for these 3 inch pumps. He was insane! Why would he have the runs now? What would happen to me? Oh god, i am going to die of humiliation.

 

I can already hear Mi Rin's annoying voice in my head. 

 

"Mianhae Jieun-ah! Jinjja!" I heard him from the bathroom.

 

He did sound rather queasy.

 

 BUT I DON'T CARE.

 

HE PROMISEDDDDD! 

 

"Don't apologize! Just get your out here now," I was almost desperate and pleading now.